SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#279497 - 01/17/10 03:15 AM Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910
Beakybird Offline

Thank you guys very much. I'm a little funnier than average, but I have memorized a gazillion little zingers and funny anecdotes - and added a few of my own, so I am very relaxed with groups. For purists, like Captain Russ, this might be anathema, but I get hired a lot because of it. My chops could be better, and I'm working on that and my vocals.

The other clip that I had mentioned earlier has a little of that patter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi2-imMGi2w

For the most part, I want to keep the humor side of my show a trade secret and not include it in my Youtube videos.

I did a show at a high end retirement community last week, and a lady came up to me asking for my card. She said that she sang professionally at libraries accompanied by one keyboardist or another. And she said very bluntly, "I'm going to use a lot of your jokes." I'm trying to get jobs at these same libraries!

Beakybird

#279498 - 01/17/10 04:37 AM Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
Thank you guys very much. I'm a little funnier than average, but I have memorized a gazillion little zingers and funny anecdotes - and added a few of my own, so I am very relaxed with groups. For purists, like Captain Russ, this might be anathema, but I get hired a lot because of it. My chops could be better, and I'm working on that and my vocals.

The other clip that I had mentioned earlier has a little of that patter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi2-imMGi2w

For the most part, I want to keep the humor side of my show a trade secret and not include it in my Youtube videos.

I did a show at a high end retirement community last week, and a lady came up to me asking for my card. She said that she sang professionally at libraries accompanied by one keyboardist or another. And she said very bluntly, "I'm going to use a lot of your jokes." I'm trying to get jobs at these same libraries!

Beakybird

Larry,

Leave the jokes to me, I will always make a fool of myself.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#279499 - 01/17/10 02:17 PM Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910
Beakybird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Larry, Cool stuff! The Zoom does a nice job as well. You certainly maintained your cool and patience defusing that situation with the cell phone user as well. I enjoyed you're "Nobody Till Somebody Loves You"

I was surprised when I opened up the box containing my Zoom Q3. On the lid it said, "A little bit of video, a lot of audio." I thought, "Why not a lot of video and a lot of audio?"

I know that they can't put a lot of controls on an inexpensive device. I don't want more controls. I just want a decent video camera.

Basically, in good lighting, the Zoom Q3 takes decent video. In low light conditions, the results absolutely suck.

I have heard similar complaints on the web. I wouldn't be surprised if Zoom comes out with a more expensive camera that has HD and is able to adapt to low light. When it comes out, I will buy it.

There is another option. The Kodak Zi8 is also a cheapy and reportedly takes better video and has a mic input. Nevertheless, it's preferable to have an all in one unit which is why the Q3 was such a fantastic idea in concept. Yet because of the inconsistent video quality, I don't think it will catch on as quickly as it might have if Zoom hadn't sacrificed to such a great degree video quality for price point.

I don't want to completely slam the Q3, I mean the videos I have on Youtube are decent. But I've had to toss several hours of video that were made in dimmer rooms, and I can't seem to save them with software either.

Beakybird

#279500 - 01/17/10 08:53 PM Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Very professional job, Beakster. I enjoyed it. You sing and play well, and handle yourself and the audience well also.
DonM

#279501 - 01/17/10 09:08 PM Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Agreed Beakybird. Very professional and entertaining.
Eddie

#279502 - 01/17/10 09:26 PM Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910
Tony Hughes Offline

I agree Larry, please send some more clips

Kind Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#279503 - 01/18/10 01:32 AM Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Well done, Larry...Sounded great...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#279504 - 01/18/10 02:44 AM Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Larry,
Nice job, very professional and well presented also enjoyed your other Tube presentation you seem well matched to your 910.
Thanks for shareing.

Gilbert.

#279505 - 01/18/10 06:27 AM Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910
Beakybird Offline

Thank you very much. I'm glad I got a video camera. I'm getting some gigs merely by emailing videos to potential clients.

I'll post some more stuff in the future.

Thanks again for listening.

Beakybird

#279506 - 01/18/10 06:35 AM Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Larry, what do you mean by "libraries." A book library? They have shows at libraries?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online