Thanks for listening!

Beakybird
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/16/10 02:51 PM

FUN ...
t.
Posted by: Beakybird

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/16/10 04:16 PM

Thanks. I forgot to mention that I used the Zoom Q3 to video this.

I had a funny experience at this event where I tried to diffuse an unpleasant situation where a lady was talking on a cell phone during my performance. It precedes the song "Summer Wind":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi2-imMGi2w

Beakybird

[This message has been edited by Beakybird (edited 01-16-2010).]
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/16/10 04:25 PM

Nice job on Abba Dabba, Larry...I like the insert of the multipads as effects.

The instrumental parts were nicely done as well...good variety.

Vocals were cool...nice use of the harmony...what setting was it?

What sound system did you use for the gig?

Ian

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/16/10 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Nice job on Abba Dabba, Larry...I like the insert of the multipads as effects.

The instrumental parts were nicely done as well...good variety.

Vocals were cool...nice use of the harmony...what setting was it?

What sound system did you use for the gig?

Ian

Thanks Ian.

No Multipads on this one.

The accompaniment style is a T2 French50's style. I used the CntryGirls vocalizer setting. I use FBT Maxx 2A's for amplification. See: http://www.fbtusa.net/files/Test_Report_10inch_Pow._Speakers_Tools_engl1.pdf.

Beakybird
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/16/10 05:10 PM

You had the perfect style, Larry...the harmony was also well chosen.

I'm also impressed with video quality.

Very confident playing, by the way.

Ian
Posted by: montunoman

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/16/10 05:23 PM

well done- thanks for sharing!
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/16/10 05:30 PM

Larry, Cool stuff! The Zoom does a nice job as well. You certainly maintained your cool and patience defusing that situation with the cell phone user as well. I enjoyed you're "Nobody Till Somebody Loves You"
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/16/10 08:27 PM

Hi there Lar, thanks for giving us the opportunity to see and hear you in action. I really enjoyed your competently performed vocal-kb performances but I was especially taken by your genuine 'down to earth' style (aka: not phony) both when performing & when relating with your audience. Having known you for ten years thru our many enjoyable (often lengthly) telephone conversations, these vid clips show that you're the same Larry Levin BOTH on/off stage. I can really respect you for that my friend! - Scott
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/16/10 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
This was from a fun show I did today at a library in Justice, Illinois:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H3aIe7IZT0

Thanks for listening!

Beakybird

Larry,

You certainly did it Justice, please send some more, your one cool guy, must admit the Tyros sound OK too, please lets see some more.

Regards

Tony

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/17/10 03:15 AM

Thank you guys very much. I'm a little funnier than average, but I have memorized a gazillion little zingers and funny anecdotes - and added a few of my own, so I am very relaxed with groups. For purists, like Captain Russ, this might be anathema, but I get hired a lot because of it. My chops could be better, and I'm working on that and my vocals.

The other clip that I had mentioned earlier has a little of that patter:

For the most part, I want to keep the humor side of my show a trade secret and not include it in my Youtube videos.

I did a show at a high end retirement community last week, and a lady came up to me asking for my card. She said that she sang professionally at libraries accompanied by one keyboardist or another. And she said very bluntly, "I'm going to use a lot of your jokes." I'm trying to get jobs at these same libraries!

Beakybird

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/17/10 04:37 AM

Quote:
Thank you guys very much. I'm a little funnier than average, but I have memorized a gazillion little zingers and funny anecdotes - and added a few of my own, so I am very relaxed with groups. For purists, like Captain Russ, this might be anathema, but I get hired a lot because of it. My chops could be better, and I'm working on that and my vocals.

The other clip that I had mentioned earlier has a little of that patter:

For the most part, I want to keep the humor side of my show a trade secret and not include it in my Youtube videos.

I did a show at a high end retirement community last week, and a lady came up to me asking for my card. She said that she sang professionally at libraries accompanied by one keyboardist or another. And she said very bluntly, "I'm going to use a lot of your jokes." I'm trying to get jobs at these same libraries!

Beakybird

Larry,

Leave the jokes to me, I will always make a fool of myself.

Tony

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/17/10 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Larry, Cool stuff! The Zoom does a nice job as well. You certainly maintained your cool and patience defusing that situation with the cell phone user as well. I enjoyed you're "Nobody Till Somebody Loves You"

I was surprised when I opened up the box containing my Zoom Q3. On the lid it said, "A little bit of video, a lot of audio." I thought, "Why not a lot of video and a lot of audio?"

I know that they can't put a lot of controls on an inexpensive device. I don't want more controls. I just want a decent video camera.

Basically, in good lighting, the Zoom Q3 takes decent video. In low light conditions, the results absolutely suck.

I have heard similar complaints on the web. I wouldn't be surprised if Zoom comes out with a more expensive camera that has HD and is able to adapt to low light. When it comes out, I will buy it.

There is another option. The Kodak Zi8 is also a cheapy and reportedly takes better video and has a mic input. Nevertheless, it's preferable to have an all in one unit which is why the Q3 was such a fantastic idea in concept. Yet because of the inconsistent video quality, I don't think it will catch on as quickly as it might have if Zoom hadn't sacrificed to such a great degree video quality for price point.

I don't want to completely slam the Q3, I mean the videos I have on Youtube are decent. But I've had to toss several hours of video that were made in dimmer rooms, and I can't seem to save them with software either.

Beakybird
Posted by: DonM

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/17/10 08:53 PM

Very professional job, Beakster. I enjoyed it. You sing and play well, and handle yourself and the audience well also.
DonM
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/17/10 09:08 PM

Agreed Beakybird. Very professional and entertaining.
Eddie

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/17/10 09:26 PM

I agree Larry, please send some more clips

Kind Regards

Tony
Posted by: Bill in Dayton

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/18/10 01:32 AM

Well done, Larry...Sounded great...

------------------
Bill in Dayton
Posted by: gilbert

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/18/10 02:44 AM

Larry,
Nice job, very professional and well presented also enjoyed your other Tube presentation you seem well matched to your 910.
Thanks for shareing.

Gilbert.

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/18/10 06:27 AM

Thank you very much. I'm glad I got a video camera. I'm getting some gigs merely by emailing videos to potential clients.

I'll post some more stuff in the future.

Thanks again for listening.

Beakybird
Posted by: SemiLiveMusic

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/18/10 06:35 AM

Larry, what do you mean by "libraries." A book library? They have shows at libraries?

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/18/10 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
Larry, what do you mean by "libraries." A book library? They have shows at libraries?

At some libraries around here they do. Some programs are just for children. Some are just for seniors - as the one I did. Some are for the general public. I've done a few of these too.

I had my mom call a huge list of libraries to find which ones had music programs for adults, and I sent brochures to the ones that did.

Beakybird
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/18/10 09:10 AM

Larry, I appreciate ANY work done professionally, and your's certainly qualifies.

The style and tune(s) might not be my "bag", but you do an excellent job of entertaining (something that's very hard for me), without the arrogance that is particularly irritating to me. And, you're a competent player.

GOOD WORK!

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 01-18-2010).]
Posted by: Diki

Re: Me playing Abba Dabba Honeymoon on the PSR-S910 - 01/18/10 02:05 PM

Quote:
I was surprised when I opened up the box containing my Zoom Q3. On the lid it said, "A little bit of video, a lot of audio." I thought, "Why not a lot of video and a lot of audio?"

I completely agree, Beaky. However, I'm more inclined to think "A little bit of audio, a lot of video."

I am still troubled that, as a company that primarily markets audio products to musicians, why the Zoom camcorder didn't include an audio line is as well as the camcorder mike...

Plus, how hard would it be to have BOTH audio inputs live at the same time, with either a control for blending the two as you record, or have them as separate files for blending later, in post?

Zoom missed an obvious need of musicians here, I am afraid...