SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 42 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 41 42 >
Topic Options
#276173 - 11/22/09 01:26 PM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
We can agree to disagree on the definition of a word, but when the keyboard simply does not have the means to be programmed then it does not have a Style Edit mode at all which is a basic function of any arranger keyboard.

What the Audya has now is simply called the Mixer page on every other arranger and that has nothing at all to do with Style Edit mode no matter how much you try twist this.

You cannot defend a half assed effort like that and believe that the Audya is not missing basic functions or is not a work in progress. It's that attitude of half assed efforts that can be found across other systems. This is why even the likes of the sampler on the Audya is utterly pointless right now.

You can't create anything on it, it doesn't support any known format, it's memory size is pathetic.

Feck, last time I checked the keyboard didn't even have a Sequencer.

The only thing I could say to help you if you are still not understanding is for you to reread Don’s post. And, if you still do not understand, seek some type of a demo so that some one can introduce you to style editing and help you to understand how it is different from style creation.
When you are taking existing data and changing it, you are editing. When you are inputting your own data, you are creating.

The Audya allows you to take existing data and edit it.
To my understanding, you can even include some of your own audio data and include it with an already existing style.

#276174 - 11/22/09 01:27 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Actually, that is a very unhealthy arranger market.

Well, Genny, if you were right, I’d agree with you...but, any market where there is an abundance of arrangers is pretty darn healthy in my opinion.

It's simple...if there were other brand arrangers that would fulfill the needs of arranger players, better than what they are using, I'm sure the demand would be strong enough for dealers to bring them in.

And you didn't answer my question...would you buy an Audya in it's present state?

Ian

#276175 - 11/22/09 01:44 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
The only thing I could say to help you if you are still not understanding is for you to reread Don’s post.

Don's post did not appear to mention anything about style assembly, which is a basic part (or should be) of any arrangers style engine.

I have asked if you can swap parts from within a style, or to be able to insert parts from another style, and so far it is still unclear exactly what the Audya does.

Style assembly, is style creation...otherwise, why would it be a part of the Style Creator engine....changing voices and effects is also a function of style creation, but to a far lesser degree.

Playing in the parts from scratch is seldom used...ask anyone on this forum, which consists of many professional creative players, if they make styles entirely from scratch, and you'll get your answer.

Part swapping or style assembly is by far the most common, and even then, you'll only get a few on this forum that use that method.

Brand means nothing...Roland, Korg and Yamaha all have on-board style creators, all have slightly different protocol, but they all work about the same...it's what you get used to.

So far, I'm not convinced the Audya has a style editor/creator...maybe someone can enlighten us....please?

#276176 - 11/22/09 02:15 PM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

If you are an arranger user, and you claim to be creative, what do you do to show you are creative?
Likewise, if you are a workstation user, and you claim to be creative, what do you do to show you are creative?
If you have a Daw and you claim to be creative, what do you do to show you are creative?

I am not talking about talented or the ability to play and manipulate machinery.

#276177 - 11/22/09 02:18 PM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
O.K. for all you guys who don't have an Audya, and have absolutely no intention of getting one. . .
Since it was introduced, you could open a style view screen, change volumes, sounds, loops, kits, sounds, etc. I suppose the new software will allow you to CREATE new styles.
Personally, I haven't even begun to exhaust the possibilities that the myriad of on-board styles present. I HAVE easily edited some of the ones where I didn't like a sound or volume. It's as simple as three or four button pushes, including the SAVE.
You can also easily substitute audio style parts for midi parts and vice versa, or add loops if you want.
There is also a dedicated button for instant viewing of all drum parts, and they are just as easily adjusted.
I haven't found it necessary to create any styles since I dumped the Korg PA800. Putting that board aside, it hasn't been necessary for the past six years or so.
Still, if you are into creating styles, and don't want to do it on PC, I suppose you would enjoy and appreciate that feature.
DonM

For those who may have conveniently missed it here it is again.

“You can also easily substitute audio style parts for midi parts and vice versa, or add loops if you want.”

#276178 - 11/22/09 02:25 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Would that be for just for the percussion style parts, or all style parts?

From another style, or within the same style?

What do you do to be creative?

Would you buy an Audya in it's present state?

#276179 - 11/22/09 02:28 PM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
seek some type of a demo so that some one can introduce you to style editing and help you to understand how it is different from style creation.

Look I'll let you call it whatever you like. It will always be the mixer page to me and every keyboard manufacture since that's exactly what the mixer page does.

Fact is you asked a question which was this....

Quote:
Other than the bugs, can anyone articulate how is the Audya a work in progress?

I answered your question and told you straight out that you couldn't make your own styles on the keyboard (amongst other things) because the Style Edit mode doesn't even exists. It's not coming until v4.0

So you can either call me a liar or accept what I'm saying because NOBODY here will jump to your defence and say that they can program their own styles into the Audya.

No sequencer, no sampler, limited sound engine, no style creation mode (called it that especially for you ), lots of bugs, system crashes, hardware fault, and all this is very much so a work in progress with a premium price tag.

Anyone want to beta test ? Will only cost you 5 grand

James

#276180 - 11/22/09 02:33 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
If you are an arranger user, and you claim to be creative, what do you do to show you are creative?

I am not talking about talented or the ability to play and manipulate machinery.

Just what are you talking about. Genny?

Song writing, arranging music, recording, lobbying?

What do you consider being creative on an arranger?

Creativity and talent are much more related than you think.

Send me one of your tunes...do you make your own styles from scratch? I've done a few, but it is a rather tedious bit of work.

Ian

#276181 - 11/22/09 03:04 PM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

So we know on the Audya we can style edit as with other keyboards.
We can not create styles from scratch but we can edit onboard styles.
That we can agree on.

Style creation and a sampler as Ian would tell you is not wanted by arranger players.

Yes on the Audya you don’t have a sequencer where you can create a song from scratch. Another feature that arranger players do not need.

So as an arranger the Audya is not really incomplete.
Ketron may choose to add more features but the features on it are probably what Ketron wanted it to be.

I just wanted to clarify that the notion that the Audya is a work in progress is a false one that was made by uninformed opinions and was not put in prospective.

Now the most important thing to me is the bugs and stability in the software and it seems as if Ketron is working on that.

There seems to be a few hardware issues but it can not be duplicated by every user. So it is like the button issue that Korg had.

#276182 - 11/22/09 03:17 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
So we know on the Audya we can style edit as with other keyboards.
We can not create styles from scratch but we can edit onboard styles.
That we can agree on.

I just wanted to clarify that the notion that the Audya is a work in progress is a false one that was made by uninformed opinions and was not put in prospective.

No, I do not agree that the Audya has style editing...is there style assembly...part swapping? No one has clearly confirmed this.

It is still a work in progress, because it is not what the makers intended it to be yet.

Speak for yourself please...we are all capable of voicing our own views...your opinions are just as uninformed at this stage.

Is the manual available for us to look at in PDF? That should answer some questions.

Would you buy an Audya in it's present state, Genny? You are avoiding the question, because I don't think you'd buy a "work in progress" either.

Page 9 of 42 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 41 42 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online