Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#276000 - 11/27/09 09:04 PM Re: Played the T3 for 1st time
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by MacAllcock:
I got invited to a Tyros 2 launch party. I was able to play a PSR2 or 3k, Ty1 and Ty2 in quick succession.

I'm a 2k / 3k owner. I can live with the rubbery keybed although it's not a strong point of thed keyboard!

I thought the Ty1 keybed was very lightly sprung and didn't like it at all.

On the other hand the Ty2 keybed was much better and I found it instantly just right to the extent that I could coax some very nice noises out of the SA voices almost immediately.

I can't comment on the T3 but I'd hope its the same as the T2.

Incidentally I've got 2 Italian build Ensoniqs (ESQ1, SD1) both of which use Fatar Keybeds which are built like brick outhouses and have never caused me a problem.

I had an Ensoniq SD1 and played it for years without a problem. the guy I sold it to has been playing it 3 nights a week every since and no problems.
I still have the Keyboard sampler EPS16 + and it is also one tough keyboard too.
I play the E 80 Roland and the Tyros 2 mostly now days.
Bebop

#276001 - 11/27/09 09:15 PM Re: Played the T3 for 1st time
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by MacAllcock:

I thought the Ty1 keybed was very lightly sprung and didn't like it at all.

On the other hand the Ty2 keybed was much better and I found it instantly just right to the extent that I could coax some very nice noises out of the SA voices almost immediately.

I can't comment on the T3 but I'd hope its the same as the T2.

I wasn't a fan of the Tyros1's keybed either...but, the Tyros2 and Tyros3 use the same FSX keybed, which feels very nice.

The SA2 voices on the T3 respond beautifully to the FSX keyboard...definitely one of the instruments best features.

Ian

#276002 - 12/01/09 12:52 PM Re: Played the T3 for 1st time
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I wasn't a fan of the Tyros1's keybed either...but, the Tyros2 and Tyros3 use the same FSX keybed, which feels very nice.

The SA2 voices on the T3 respond beautifully to the FSX keyboard...definitely one of the instruments best features.

Ian

Personally I feel that the T2 and the T3 were way over priced compared to the s900 and now the s910. You clearly got more bang for the buck of the the PSR-S series vs the tyros 2 & 3. I found most of the better sounds, styles and features were already on the s-900, anything more would have just been a waste of money.

#276003 - 12/01/09 01:04 PM Re: Played the T3 for 1st time
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I agree. In retropect, I wish I had bought a s900 instead of the then flagship Tyros 2. With the money saved I could have bought a very good PA system (like 2 Bose compacts) or maybe even another mid priced arranger like a Korg PA 500.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online