SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#276989 - 12/01/09 03:15 AM Any News From Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

have some one here news from lionstracs?

#276990 - 12/01/09 09:00 AM Re: Any News From Lionstracs
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Yes... not long now and the Vasio and Ebony Rack units will be released. Personally I'm really excited about these because I've always believed that Lionstracs strong points were in their VSTi abilities and the fact that it's all seamlessly integrated.

I saw mechanical drawings for these a while back and so with the help of a few pointers from Lionstracs on colour schemes and placement of the air intakes, I've been able to 3D render what the actual product end product may look like. Again, remember that this is a 3D render and not a photo of the actual product.

Or feast on the high resolution version. ( 5MB download ) http://www.irishacts.com/misc/red-2a-high-res.jpg

I'd say it's probably at leas 95% accurate. I don't have the specs on the knobs so the ones I modelled are just pulled out of my imagination. I've also set all the lights to an on state which obviously the real product won't do.

Anyway, there's plenty to drool over with the 3D render alone.

Regards
James

Please note that all the comments are my own, and so to are my efforts in 3D rendering. I am not being paid for this nor am I representing Lionstracs in anyway. 3D Rendering is simply a hobby of mine and I'm just fascinated by the possibilities of what Lionstracs are actually capable of in this area as I believe VSTi Integration is their strong point.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 12-01-2009).]

#276991 - 12/01/09 09:20 AM Re: Any News From Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

good news james and nice graphics

#276992 - 12/01/09 09:46 AM Re: Any News From Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

and here also a demo from a MS user how MS karaoke works :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj9g-fpuYCg

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 12-01-2009).]

#276993 - 12/01/09 12:34 PM Re: Any News From Lionstracs
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
I'm sure that Karaoke feature is useful to those who need it but you would have to cut my two hands clean off before you would see me not playing the actual keyboard

I think it's safe to say that Lionstracs have clearly done their homework here and that the new products have definite direction and purpose as to who their intended users will be, and what their intended market is.

I'm not knocking the Meditation, it's just that the clear line of focus around the new products and their function in the market place seem to be right on the money of you ask me. These new rack units for example will face the Muse Receptor and the likes of the V-Machines which have their own issues which make them NOT universally able to run many of VSTi's. Muse need to add compatibly, and SM Pro need to write Wizard files which still doesn't mean they will work. Lionstracs on the other hand have an entirely different approach which lets you run the VSTi just the same as if it was on a computer. You can even connect a Touch Screen monitor to the back if you want and access the actual VSTi interface.

Don't me wrong either, I love my V-Machine and as a playback sampler it's seriously great. But marketing hype like free all your VSTi's is a bitter pill to swallow at times when I want to run a very specific VSTi like my KORG Digital Legacy collection and it won't.

Regards
James

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online