SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#275049 - 11/02/09 09:49 PM Re: First gig with the Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I hope this is a failure to communicate because of language, but despite all the criticism of Ketron, nobody has EVER said they sounded thin and metallic before.
I couldn't make mine sound thin if I tried, and that includes Midjay, SD1, X1, SD5 and Audya.

DonM

No I agree with you Don , for all the crap we have had from Ketters it's not thin, everthing else I agree with
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#275050 - 11/03/09 06:11 AM Re: First gig with the Audya
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I quess I need some oxygen

[This message has been edited by FransN (edited 11-03-2009).]

#275051 - 11/03/09 06:52 AM Re: First gig with the Audya
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
That thing (Audya) is way to expensive. Waste of money. I never liked that Italian crap Gem, Solton, Ketron, Farfisa.

I think you'll get a big thumbs up from Leezone about the Audya being too expensive.

Sometimes the adage, "You get what you pay for" is true, but with all the bugs and setbacks in the Audya, I have my doubts that it applies in this case.

Now, I could be wrong, FransN, but although Korg most definitely originated in Japan, I was under the impression that their arrangers were made(or at least, assembled) in Italy.

Perhaps you, or someone else, can correct me about that allegation?

#275052 - 11/03/09 09:10 AM Re: First gig with the Audya
FransN Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I think you'll get a big thumbs up from Leezone about the Audya being too expensive.

Sometimes the adage, "You get what you pay for" is true, but with all the bugs and setbacks in the Audya, I have my doubts that it applies in this case.

Now, I could be wrong, FransN, but although Korg most definitely originated in Japan, I was under the impression that their arrangers were made(or at least, assembled) in Italy.

Yes korg pa's are made in Italy and China but Korg is a Japanese brand. The ones I mentioned are a Italian brand. Most Japanese stuff today are made in China yes even Yamaha but that doesn't mean it is a Chinese brand isn't it.

#275053 - 11/03/09 09:23 AM Re: First gig with the Audya
mc Offline

Loc: New York
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That thing (Audya) is way to expensive. Waste of money. I never liked that Italian crap Gem, Solton, Ketron, Farfisa.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------
Korgs Arranger division moved to Italy in 1996 very near to Ketron (down the street from what I was told. I believe the PA50 is made in china but the PA2x / Pa800 are made in Italy.

So if that's the case, Mr. Frans can included the korg to his list of "crap".

ola.......

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 11-03-2009).]

#275054 - 11/03/09 09:36 AM Re: First gig with the Audya
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Yes korg pa's are made in Italy and China but Korg is a Japanese brand. The ones I mentioned are a Italian brand. Most Japanese stuff today are made in China yes even Yamaha but that doesn't mean it is a Chinese brand isn't it.

I've heard that Korg arrangers are produced in Italy, and from what I understand, that included R&D as well as assembly....much like Roland's arrangers...I'm told by my Roland rep buddy, that their arrangers are produced in the former SIEL plant in Italy...remember the SIEL synths?

Produced can, and usually, means developed, created, designed, manufactured...or all of these terms.

Yes, there were some "junky" keyboards out of Italy....but, there were crappy keyboards out of the USA, the UK, and even Japan back in the day.

Times have changed considerably since the Farfisa, and although they were screechy little buggers, they were pretty reliable...I had a couple.

{Edited to add}...Ahhh...I see "mc" has found some concrete evidence...1996, eh?

I think Roland moved their arranger production to Italy in the late 80's.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 11-03-2009).]

#275055 - 11/03/09 09:56 AM Re: First gig with the Audya
FransN Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
quote:

It doesn't matter where the Korgs are made it is an Japanese brand not Italian.
I stick with the 3 big ones ( Yamaha, Korg, Roland) because I trust and know them. It's the same with cars. I don't drive European crap only Japanese or Americans. And if you think I hate Yamaha because of some of my other posts no not at all. Their Motif XS is awesome. I wish they put that sound in their arrangers. But a PA800 with a Motif XS also does the job

[This message has been edited by FransN (edited 11-03-2009).]

#275056 - 11/03/09 10:00 AM Re: First gig with the Audya
mc Offline

Right from Korgpa.com /Arranger History,

"During 1996, Korg did not introduce any new arranger or related product. However the new Korg Italy R&D department was established in Italy to keep focus mainly over entertainment keyboards. The laboratory actually take place in Osimo, near Ancona, in the center-east part of Italy, an area with strong traditions in musical instruments manufacturing, and was intended to support especially the European market and customers".

I guess Korg needed that "Italian Touch" to make a good sounding keyboard.

#275057 - 11/03/09 10:09 AM Re: First gig with the Audya
FransN Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Right from Korgpa.com /Arranger History,

"During 1996, Korg did not introduce any new arranger or related product. However the new Korg Italy R&D department was established in Italy to keep focus mainly over entertainment keyboards. The laboratory actually take place in Osimo, near Ancona, in the center-east part of Italy, an area with strong traditions in musical instruments manufacturing, and was intended to support especially the European market and customers".

I guess Korg needed that "Italian Touch" to make a good sounding keyboard.

So? Korg PA2x, pa800 and pa500 use the sound engine of the M3 manufactured in Japan. I guess Korg needed that "Japanese Touch" to make a good sounding keyboard. What a BS

#275058 - 11/03/09 10:19 AM Re: First gig with the Audya
mc Offline

Quote:
So? Korg PA2x, pa800 and pa500 use the sound engine of the M3 manufactured in Japan. I guess Korg needed that "Japanese Touch" to make a good sounding keyboard. What a BS

That's one's opinion, but who really cares. Good luck with your Japanese/Italian hybrid, Make music........

Adeus Pa’

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online