SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#275019 - 11/02/09 03:59 AM First gig with the Audya
skude Offline

Hi folks
Don't feel like putting more "gas on the Audya fire", and I know I will ruin the day for many of you, but anyway Had my first gig with the Audya, after years with Korg changing to Ketron I was a little stressed. Still beeing a Korgy (at least in my band)I just can say that for my kind of music and for me only using styles, the Audya did a complete "Knock Out" on my PA800.(please notice the "for me" ) It was almost like having a drummer and bassplayer right there, The live guitar sounds really good. I got so much good "feedback" from people, I never knew so many of the dancing and drinking crowd really listen to what comes out of the speakers. Several musicans was at the gig, they had never heard the Audya live, they were really suprised how good it sounded. One came up on stage while I was playing just to se if I was using styles. Had my wife with me to this gig, she is worst than Simon Cowell if she dont like my performance (I mean on stage ). She really liked what she heard and she also got lots good reponse from people, for my performance. I have put together a sound, a pad and a elpiano, here I was using this sound and this guy comes up to me,
"Oh man" you have this wonderfull old D-50 "Stacato Heaven" sound in your KB. People are listening, and thats great. I use to have the D50, today I did a search for the sound, found an mp3 and it's really very similar, never thought of the D50 when I made it. For those of you that dont like what you're reading this might help a little. When I turned on my Audya to start playing, the sound from the "Count In" was gone, had to do a restart and it was fine all night. Looks like my Audya has a kind of 2 steps turn on . I will go for the Audya next weekend also, I sure hope it will be replay of this gig.
skude

#275020 - 11/02/09 04:37 AM Re: First gig with the Audya
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Great. There's nothing quite as satisfying as a 'good' gig. Glad the Audya is working for you, however, the 'double turn on' problem would really stress me out; why? because it's not behaving like it's supposed to, and that would create all kinds of doubts (in my head) about it's reliability and whether or not that was a precursor of other 'problems'. I would definitely be on the horn with Ketron and 'pray' that it's a simple, easily rectifiable system glitch. Good luck.

chas

#275021 - 11/02/09 06:34 AM Re: First gig with the Audya
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Good for you.

Quote:
Don't feel like putting more "gas on the Audya fire", and I know I will ruin the day for many of you, but anyway

You also shouldn't be worried about the likes of that. It's Ketron's own fault and flaming them over it will do them world of good. They wont be so quick to ever push an unfinished product out the door ever again because if it.

Quote:
Oh man" you have this wonderfull old D-50 "Stacato Heaven" sound in your KB

Ahh yes, a classic. Here's a demo of that sound. http://www.synthmania.com/Roland%20D-50/Audio/Factory%20preset%20demos/61%20Staccato%20Heaven.mp3

Talking about D50 sounds. If any KORG M3 users are reading this, the sound Enya used in Orinoco Flow is from the D50 also (Pizzagogo), and I've made made a version for the M3 & OASYS here. It's as close to the real thing as you will get on any modern synth.
http://www.korgforums.com/support/oasys/orinoco.zip

Here's a quick demo of me playing a few notes. http://www.irishacts.com/misc/orinoco-flow-v2.mp3

Regards
James

#275022 - 11/02/09 06:57 AM Re: First gig with the Audya
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've had the same crowd reaction, but no problem with the count-in sound. I normally don't use the count-in anyway, but I had a guitar player working with me Saturday, and used it for his benefit.
DonM

#275023 - 11/02/09 06:58 AM Re: First gig with the Audya
leezone Offline

Ketrons and especially AUDYA sound fuller, more "live", and generally cut through your PA like NO OTHER ARRANGER.

I have tried Korgs, Rolands, and KEtron, except Yammy, but i know what the result would be with Yamaha

as far as Stacato Heaven, NO OTHER keyboard can reproduce it, not even the latest Roland keyboards,

the D-50 is a classic, and that is why i will keep mine forever...

#275024 - 11/02/09 07:13 AM Re: First gig with the Audya
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
They wont be so quick to ever push an unfinished product out the door ever again because if it.

If they ever push a product out at all again...

#275025 - 11/02/09 07:31 AM Re: First gig with the Audya
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
as far as Stacato Heaven, NO OTHER keyboard can reproduce it, not even the latest Roland keyboards,

the D-50 is a classic, and that is why i will keep mine forever...

The D50 or the Audya for that matter are by no means special in anyway that they are the only two keyboard able to produce the Staccato Heaven patch.

I haven't found a patch I wanted that I couldn't recreate yet.

Regards
James

#275026 - 11/02/09 07:43 AM Re: First gig with the Audya
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Ketron sound metallic and thin. Oh and a good synthesizer (Korg) can recreate any sound.

#275027 - 11/02/09 07:43 AM Re: First gig with the Audya
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Crap double posting again

[This message has been edited by FransN (edited 11-02-2009).]

#275028 - 11/02/09 07:55 AM Re: First gig with the Audya
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Good for you.

Here's a quick demo of me playing a few notes. http://www.irishacts.com/misc/orinoco-flow-v2.mp3

Regards
James

James,

About what percentage of your arranger use involves playing with styles?

I heard a few of your previous demos (which were very good, by the way) and you were basically playing full keyboard, or playing over a Karma style background.

For instance, when I gig, I use styles (mainly my own assembled/edited 16-32 bar versions) and I was wondering if and when you do gig "live", what kind of setup do you use, and what type of background (SMF, or styles, for instance) do you employ?

Are you using a Korg PA type arranger and an Oasys, or just the latter?

Ian the Curious

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online