SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#275059 - 11/03/09 10:20 AM Re: First gig with the Audya
Dnj Offline

so when does the mine is better then yours ever stop? eh?

#275060 - 11/03/09 10:29 AM Re: First gig with the Audya
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
So? Korg PA2x, pa800 and pa500 use the sound engine of the M3 manufactured in Japan.

Actually, it took sending arranger production, and R&D, to Italy, to integrate M3's sound engine properly with the accompaniment section.

Thus giving Korg arrangers that "Italiano" touch.

Maybe Yamaha will end up with a factory in Italy...I know they are designing some of their motorcycles over there.

The most beautiful automobiles in the world were designed in Italy...not the most reliable, but definitely, the most good-looking.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 11-03-2009).]

#275061 - 11/03/09 10:31 AM Re: First gig with the Audya
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:

It's human nature, always will be.

I know plenty places in the world where you have to watch what side of the street you walk down.

Sad, but true.

James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 11-03-2009).]

#275062 - 11/03/09 12:17 PM Re: First gig with the Audya
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

I don't have a problem with people sharing their point of views on arrangers, in some cases I end up learning more about an arranger that I would have frown upon. but there is a fine line between someone views and just being antagonistic. Ultimately it doesn't really matter who uses what. It just matters if the keyboard fits your needs.

#275063 - 11/03/09 01:48 PM Re: First gig with the Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

About the same time that '1,2,cha,cha,cha' (sic) stops, Donny

Or are you telling me your S910 ISN'T better than my G70?

#275064 - 11/03/09 01:56 PM Re: First gig with the Audya
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
About the same time that '1,2,cha,cha,cha' (sic) stops, Donny

Or are you telling me your S910 ISN'T better than my G70?

I think Yamaha made Donny sign an NDA, so you don't have to worry.

One two, buckle my shoe.
....."Buckle your own shoe!"

Who said that?
....."I did. What are you doing with those silly buckles on your shoes anyway?"

Three, Four, shut the door.
....."You shut it--you opened it."

Er . . . five, six, pick up sticks.
....."Why should I pick them up--do you think I'm your slave? Buckle my shoe, shut the door, pick up sticks, next thing you'll be telling me is to lay them straight."

But it's only a poem. . . . Nine, ten, a big fat . . . oh never mind.

#275065 - 11/03/09 02:38 PM Re: First gig with the Audya
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Actually, it took sending arranger production, and R&D, to Italy, to integrate M3's sound engine properly with the accompaniment section.

Thus giving Korg arrangers that "Italiano" touch.

Maybe Yamaha will end up with a factory in Italy...I know they are designing some of their motorcycles over there.

The most beautiful automobiles in the world were designed in Italy...not the most reliable, but definitely, the most good-looking.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 11-03-2009).]

Mmm PA 500 is made in China not Italy. Italian cars that no one can afford. I prefer Lexus my friend beautiful, reliable and affordable.

[This message has been edited by FransN (edited 11-03-2009).]

#275066 - 11/03/09 02:53 PM Re: First gig with the Audya
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
Mmm PA 500 is made in China not Italy. Italian cars that no one can afford. I prefer Lexus my friend beautiful, reliable and affordable.

Lexus is nice...also the design was heavily influenced by Italian designers...Fioravanti just did the new Lexus LF-A coupe, the new Prius coupe is also of Italian design, and several older cars...the Lexus GS 300/Toyota Aristo.

More than a passing influence.

I'm a Honda Accord guy myself...picked up a mint 2002 Special Edition last year...awesome car.

PA500 made in China?

Probably just assembled there, but the design was no doubt done at their Italian Headquarters...can't see them having a separate one in China.

#275067 - 11/03/09 03:07 PM Re: First gig with the Audya
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Lexus is nice...also the design was heavily influenced by Italian designers...Fioravanti just did the new Lexus LF-A coupe, the new Prius coupe is also of Italian design, and several older cars...the Lexus GS 300/Toyota Aristo.

More than a passing influence.

I'm a Honda Accord guy myself...picked up a mint 2002 Special Edition last year...awesome car.

PA500 made in China?

Probably just assembled there, but the design was no doubt done at their Italian Headquarters...can't see them having a separate one in China.

Yes Italian design or not the make is Japanese that is what important for me.
Yamaha psr s910 is made in China. Is it a Chinese keyboard then. No and that is what I try to say all the time. The brand is Japanese that is important not who disigne it or in what country it is build. Maby there are Mercedes factories in the USA I don't know but if there are it still is a german car.

And now to more important things.
Must I buy a psr s910 or a Korg PA800? Not sure yet.

#275068 - 11/03/09 03:10 PM Re: First gig with the Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It doesn't MATTER where it was assembled...

It matters where and who DESIGNED it. Yes, Italian manufacturers with no Japanese parent company have a disadvantage when it comes to the sound engine in the arranger (but it seems Ketron still manage to make good ROM sounds), but this is like getting a Ford engine and sticking it in an Italian chassis and body.

It isn't even REMOTELY American after THAT...!

Korg may make the chip that makes the sounds, but the Italians make the arranger out of the chip. Same with Roland. Personally, after hearing abut how Roland tried to move development AND production of arrangers back East, I am more and more convinced that the reason we are seeing so little new product is that the Japanese learned that it is MUCH harder to make a good arranger when you don't have the experienced arranger developers (who tend to be mostly Italians, or at least Europeans) on hand...

Just look at how hard they tried with the GW-8 to pretend that it isn't an arranger in the first place You can't make a good arranger using people that don't even LIKE arrangers, one would think!

The Japanese make great synths. The Italians turn them into great arrangers...

I think this was Dom's problem. He MIGHT have made a great arranger if he wasn't working so hard to try and make a great synth. If somebody else had provided a finished, mature sound engine and samples, he could have concentrated on JUST getting the arranger right...

'For the want of a nail'...

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online