Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#273945 - 10/21/09 07:32 AM Re: Really dumb question about the Bose System
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
And there was "No Seperation" in the front seat between me and my girlfriend ever..

Bet there was a 'Vertical array' involved, though .

chas

#273946 - 10/21/09 07:53 AM Re: Really dumb question about the Bose System
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Bet there was a 'Vertical array' involved, though .
chas

Yes, & with a wide dispersion...

#273947 - 10/21/09 07:54 AM Re: Really dumb question about the Bose System
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I had a 1949 Cadillac Coupe de Ville that was painted the same color as my fridge...white.

There's probably no psychic (or psychotic) connection with Don having a truck the same colour as his boat, but it's true...there was also much less chrome on the fridge., although they were both très cool.

The Caddy had Hydramatic, and leather inside...the fridge had Defrost-o-matic and had nothing inside but beer, as I spent all my money quenching the Caddy's insatiable thirst for gas and my own, at the time , unquenchable thirst for Molson Canadian.

Seamaster...even more LOL..."Canadian" cars...the Acadian, the Frontenac, the Laurentian, the Strato-Chief, the Beaumont, the Bricklin, and the Meteor...anyone else remember any more?

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-21-2009).]

#273948 - 10/21/09 08:04 AM Re: Really dumb question about the Bose System
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I had a 1949 Cadillac Coupe de Ville that was painted the same color as my fridge...white.

The Caddy had Hydramatic, and leather inside...the fridge had Defrost-o-matic and had nothing inside but beer

Very funny .

Know what else is weird? I grew up just as car-crazed as any other American teenager, but I don't recognize a single car on Ian's list (so I'm guessing they never reached the status of world dominance ).

chas

#273949 - 10/21/09 08:19 AM Re: Really dumb question about the Bose System
ianmcnll Offline

One thing for sure Chas....those cars you didn't recognize, are highly prized today by collectors...their rarity was as much due to low production, as it was to the salted roads, and salty air climate, especially in the Maritimes where I live.

On a quiet morning, when the wind was just right, you could hear your car rust in the driveway.

The Laurentian, and Strato-Chief were Canadian Pontiacs...built on a Chevrolet chassis and using Chev engines and transmissions.

The Beaumont was a Pontiac...something like a Chevelle.

There was even a Pontiac Parisienne...the top model.

The Meteor was based on the Ford.

The Frontenac was based on the Ford Falcon.

The Bricklin was designed and built by Canadian, Malcom Bricklin...based on AMC components, I believe.

The Canadian Dodge cars, especially 55-56, were actually Plymouths with Dodge front clips.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-21-2009).]

#273950 - 10/21/09 08:35 AM Re: Really dumb question about the Bose System
Dnj Offline

Hammond, Vinatge cars, etc, & so many other great things all fond non passed on memories all down the toilet.........
it all went too fast.

#273951 - 10/21/09 08:53 AM Re: Really dumb question about the Bose System
ianmcnll Offline

We even had our own Hammond organs here in Canada...the Northern Hammond....similar to a C-3.

#273952 - 10/21/09 08:59 AM Re: Really dumb question about the Bose System
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Seamaster:
American cars, LOL.

I almost forgot, I had a 59 MG. Didn't keep it long. I was 6' 5", and in college and it didn't have a back seat! I blew out the engine between Stillwater and Norman Oklahoma, on the way to a OSU-OU football game.
A lot of people had Mustangs, not many of us had "Mustands". It was red too. It did have a back seat but I was married to my first ex-wife at the time, so sex was out of the question.
She did enjoy making love in the back seat, but she always wanted me to drive the car.
DonM

#273953 - 10/21/09 10:07 AM Re: Really dumb question about the Bose System
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Just a passing thought, but has anybody wondered why some of the keyboards from the 50's and 60's are prized collector pieces now, fondly trotted out onstage by all those that can stomach the cartage, but none of the PA's of the period have really stood the test of time...?

They even had vertical column line arrays back then, but you don't see anyone playing through them any more

#273954 - 10/21/09 10:12 AM Re: Really dumb question about the Bose System
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
BTW, has anyone seen the movie Cadillac Records? It's the story of Leonard Chess and very interesting from a historical aspect. It has good music too, and lots of great cars, mostly Caddys.
DonM

Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online