SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#274267 - 10/22/09 12:45 AM Awesome Talent !!!
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello everyone, I need to share with you the talent of Nicole Pesce, she is a pianist that performs at the My Florist Cafe Restaurant in Phoenix AZ, she plays a Steinway 9 Ft Concert piano from Wednesday till Saturday from 7 to 11 PM.

I have listen to many musicians on all kinds of style in my life, and I can easy tell you that she is in the TOP 5 I have seen and hear. She is not 30 years old yet.

She is the nicest person, humble, and friendly, the talent she has, is amazing, only persons like Hector Olivera, Cameron Carpenter, are in that category.
Here is a link to her website,
http://www.nicole88.com/home-nosound.html

listen to her Samples, that are actually FULL songs, she has 3 pages with lots of beautiful music.

She can play Pop, Standards, Classical, Jazz, BLues, Rock & Roll, ANYTHING....From Rhapsody in Blue, Jerry Lee, Elton, even Raul Di Blasio(Famous pianist from Argentina), Beyonse,'N SYNC, Avril Lavigne, Count Basie, Elvis, etc.
No music around her, never a mistake, also, if you listen to her songs, the tempo is REAL, no manipulation, she plays like that in real time.
Is amazing that she can remember 12 thousand songs, from all categories without music, my friend Tapas and I went to listen to her for second time, she is simply awesome!.
She improvise also, that talent and a very nice person.
So, if you are ever in town, please, you have to see/listen to her.

------------------
mdorantes

#274268 - 10/22/09 02:19 AM Re: Awesome Talent !!!
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Very nice. Thanks!

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#274269 - 10/22/09 06:27 AM Re: Awesome Talent !!!
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
I love a good improvisational level pianist and she is a good pianist.

It is great to see someone young carrying on the art of unaccompanied piano like that.

(Don't Mean a Thing -- great tribute to OP goin' on there in places. )

She is as accurate as OP was, too. Love that. Every key, dead center. That's whut ah'm a-talkin' 'bout, sister.

Thanks.

--Mac

[This message has been edited by --Mac (edited 10-22-2009).]
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#274270 - 10/22/09 06:49 AM Re: Awesome Talent !!!
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mdorantes:
.....she is simply awesome!

Wow....just listened to Malaguena....that was an amazing performance!

Awesome indeed!

-mike

#274271 - 10/22/09 07:26 AM Re: Awesome Talent !!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Terrific, what talent!! I wonder if she has any family in New Jersey?? I know that last name Pesce

#274272 - 10/22/09 09:02 AM Re: Awesome Talent !!!
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
All I can say is WOW!! She's awesome. Next time I'm out that way, I'll definitely go hear her.

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

#274273 - 10/22/09 03:41 PM Re: Awesome Talent !!!
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
She is such a sweet person to talk to also, anyway, to Stephen, I think she does have family in the East coast.

Her father did some arranging work with Liberace, check her bio and also the facebook and or the social places at the net, as a young woman she is into "all that jazz".

------------------
mdorantes

#274274 - 10/22/09 05:45 PM Re: Awesome Talent !!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mdorantes:
She is such a sweet person to talk to also, anyway, to Stephen, I think she does have family in the East coast.

Her father did some arranging work with Liberace, check her bio and also the facebook and or the social places at the net, as a young woman she is into "all that jazz".

I have met Liberace as well as a number of other peformers who use to play at a venue called the Warwick Musical Theatre ( check out this web site http://www.bonoff.net/
Then check out 1970. There's a photo of Liberace and Rose Farina ( my former boss). I worked for Rose at her restaurant called the Golden Lantern when I was in school. Story is many of the stars who performed at the theatre came into the restaurant after the shows. Rose who became a good friend of Lee aka Liberace one summer asked him to use his taste and her $3,000 to do a little remodeling to her home. He refused to use to use her $3000, but spent something closer to his $30,000 to do a major remodeling project. Amazing thing is he was able to get the contractors he hired to complete it in 7 days the amount of time he was in town for his shows.

Manuel the Bonoff's who ran the operation also had a theatre in Phoenix. Makes me wonder whether Nicole's father ever came to Rhode Island to work with Liberace.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 10-22-2009).]

#274275 - 10/22/09 07:11 PM Re: Awesome Talent !!!
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
You might also want to check out Liberace at the Lake Club in Springfield Illinois. It's still there. He played there a lot in the 40's and 50's.

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

#274276 - 10/22/09 10:21 PM Re: Awesome Talent !!!
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by Songman55:
You might also want to check out Liberace at the Lake Club in Springfield Illinois. It's still there. He played there a lot in the 40's and 50's.

Joe

http://www.prairieghosts.com/lakeclub.html

Haunted by Liberace?

Taike

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online