SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 >
Topic Options
#273885 - 10/17/09 05:29 AM Re: Really dumb question about the Bose System
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
OR enough money but so little time!
Still got brand new 3 year old toys I haven't found time for.

And by the way Charles I wish you a speedy recovery. My crusty 78 year old neighbor had it done a couple years ago and within days he was out walking around the block 3 times a day. Very slowly at first but now he mows lawns for all the "old" people in the neighborhood.

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 10-17-2009).]

#273886 - 10/17/09 07:08 AM Re: Really dumb question about the Bose System
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:

And by the way Charles I wish you a speedy recovery. My crusty 78 year old neighbor had it done a couple years ago and within days he was out walking around the block 3 times a day. Very slowly at first but now he mows lawns for all the "old" people in the neighborhood.

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 10-17-2009).]

God bless him ... I've been saying for a while that I don't mind getting OLDER at all ... it's getting OLD that I hate !!! ...
As Mr. Diamond says "Getting old ain't for wimps!" ..
t.

#273887 - 10/17/09 07:17 AM Re: Really dumb question about the Bose System
Dnj Offline

"We're all Dying Everyday"

#273888 - 10/17/09 07:41 AM Re: Really dumb question about the Bose System
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
"We're all Dying Everyday"

Hey, now that's uplifting

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#273889 - 10/17/09 07:43 AM Re: Really dumb question about the Bose System
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Hey, now that's uplifting

Yes but true herman.....

Life is too short to Dilly Dalley my friend!!.... Live "EVERY DAY" as if it was your Last!!
Enjoy your Family & Friends and you'll be fine!

#273890 - 10/17/09 08:04 AM Re: Really dumb question about the Bose System
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:

Thanks Mike. I used to hear those stories and go, yeah, yeah... NOW, they're music to my ears. Beats the hell out of "we're all dying....". May be true but who wants to be reminded. Anyway, I'm sure Donny didn't mean it that way.

chas

chas

#273891 - 10/17/09 08:40 AM Re: Really dumb question about the Bose System
Dnj Offline

Exactly Chas....I only wish more people would stop wasting time & complaining & BS'ing in their lives and make every day count for something.........look at some old pictures of your life and you'll see how fast it went.....instead of saying" I'll get to it someday" ...just go for it NOW!!!......down the road you'll be happy you did

Now get well soon..

#273892 - 10/17/09 10:41 AM Re: Really dumb question about the Bose System
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Exactly Chas....I only wish more people would stop wasting time & complaining & BS'ing in their lives and make every day count for something.........look at some old pictures of your life and you'll see how fast it went.....instead of saying" I'll get to it someday" ...just go for it NOW!!!......down the road you'll be happy you did

Now get well soon..

Chas get well soon.

Donny great philosophy. That's the way I try to live. In the late 90s I gave up a lucrative sales job to pursue my hobby with computers. I will admit I was in the right time at the right place RJR was offering an early retirement package. The tobacco business was going up in smoke and I was still young enough to do something else with my life. I went back to college for another degree this time in the tech field. For the last 10 years I've been working a job that used to be a hobby. 4 years ago I started gigging and music had been another hobby. Granted I don't have the musical skills that many of the pros who visit this site have, but I'm having the time of my life playing a few gigs every month. I'm up at 5 everyday to read the newspaper, then off to work, 3 days a week during lunch I hit the gym. After dinner each night some time with the family then at 9 PM I sit at the keyboard and many nights it's close to midnight before I call it a day. Me? I'm living everyday like it's my last.....and I try hard not to get the "poor me." blues either that sometime can slip into our lives ( sorry for the soapbox routine )

#273893 - 10/17/09 11:16 AM Re: Really dumb question about the Bose System
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:.....instead of saying" I'll get to it someday" ...just go for it NOW!!!......down the road you'll be happy you did

Now get well soon..

So, UH ... how 'bout that road trip to RI ?!?!?

t.

#273894 - 10/17/09 11:43 AM Re: Really dumb question about the Bose System
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
[b] So, UH ... how 'bout that road trip to RI ?!?!?

t.

T. just get Steve & that great RI Italian food ready on "The Hill" for us......just a minor rescheduling from our original plans but, me and my bodyguard Fran WILL be there for sure asap .....Hopefully in FEB stay tuned

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online