SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#273672 - 10/13/09 10:37 AM Try This on Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

HI All,

Try this SWEET NYLON voice and what do you get above C6 and a few more string guitar sounds does the same. I think this is the same as the organ above C6

Cheers
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#273673 - 10/13/09 12:51 PM Re: Try This on Audya
skude Offline

Tony
Mine is the same. But it's the same on many of the guitarsounds on my Korg also. Could it be the sampling. Dont know much about this anyway. try your PA2X.
skude

#273674 - 10/13/09 01:06 PM Re: Try This on Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It will likely be a result of the limits the sampler engine can transpose samples to.

Thing is, it is VERY likely that it is also WAY outside the natural range of the instrument you are trying to emulate. Just because the keyboard goes up 76 notes doesn't mean that the sound it is emulating does...

If you have any decent sound editing, you might be able to edit it to include a simple synth sine wave or something like that to extend it's range (obviously, the samples can't go that high for this sound) to cover the wraparound section, but better would be to realize that natural sounds have a natural range. Play withing them, and not only will you avoid the problem in the first place, but your playing will sound FAR more authentic, too.

#273675 - 10/13/09 03:23 PM Re: Try This on Audya
Morten Jonassen Offline

Loc: Danmark
As Dikki mentions this is out of range of the real guitars and thus not playable notes. Actually the entire octave above C6 in Sweet Nylon contains various natural guitar sounds like fret/banging noises and such. Quite brilliant really, though a bit difficult to utilize during live performance.

#273676 - 10/13/09 03:52 PM Re: Try This on Audya
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The Yamaha Mega voices and Wersi ACC voices, use these bangs and fret noises (And other notes out of range) from within a style so as to give a more authentic backing, and are not designed to be used separately, (Style conversions usually muck this part up) are you sure that Audya does not use them similarly.

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 10-13-2009).]

#273677 - 10/14/09 02:25 AM Re: Try This on Audya
Morten Jonassen Offline

Loc: Danmark
I do not think it's being used in the styles as they already contain real live audio guitars. Also the MegaVoices on Yamaha are special voices, which were never ment to be used by the player but only used by the styles. The Audya guitar voices in question are just regular voices.

#273678 - 10/20/09 08:36 AM Re: Try This on Audya
Amelius Offline

Loc: Milan, Italy
In the last 3 ys I got to use professional VSTs and these mute the notes outside the natural range of the sound, not only guitars, but also choirs, solo acoustic instruments, saxes, woods and so on...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online