SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#273374 - 10/07/09 06:21 PM Bose Compact review LIVE
zuki Offline

I was BLOWN AWAY. And this was MONO. I will definitely go the extra mile and get another one. The bass and treble are separated just the way it should be and my voice was crystal clear, cutting through the mix. I love the extensions and the way I can hear the whole deal. Thanks guys for steering me this way.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#273375 - 10/07/09 06:26 PM Re: Bose Compact review LIVE
Dnj Offline

Good luck Zuki....you made the right choice.

#273376 - 10/07/09 07:06 PM Re: Bose Compact review LIVE
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Welcome to my world, lol...

Ohio Bose owners UNITE!

Glad you're pleased with it, Jim...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#273377 - 10/07/09 07:47 PM Re: Bose Compact review LIVE
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Zuki....wait till you use two.

Remember, you only have to buy a great PA system once.

It will last through many arranger changes, and will soon pay for itself.

Bose is great quality, so you should be good for quite some time.

I'm glad to hear things worked out for you.

#273378 - 10/07/09 10:35 PM Re: Bose Compact review LIVE
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Na-na-na-na-nana, I TOLD YOU SO.

DonM

#273379 - 10/08/09 06:03 AM Re: Bose Compact review LIVE
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Jim - I think you will be happy with your choice. My first experience with my Compact was not the best, but everyone here at SZ helped set me straight and now I wouldn't go back to my other PA options for anything. You may find you like the one Compact so much that you don't miss your stereo, but if you do at least a second Compact is not that out cost prohibitive. Enjoy.

I think Bill in Dayton will be somewhat jealous; he wants one for Christmas...

#273380 - 10/08/09 06:40 AM Re: Bose Compact review LIVE
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I took the Bose L1 Compact to a fellow entertainer's home yesterday, connected it to his PSR-2000, plugged in my Samson Q7 mic, made a few quick EQ adjustments on the keyboard and mic settings, fired up a style and the first words out of his mouth were "Damned, that keyboard has NEVER sounded this good." He was blown away by the L1 Compact, and his wife, who is an incredible jazz singer, could not believe the crispness and clarity of the vocals.

Unfortunately, he was in such a position that he couldn't afford to purchase the L1 Compact at this time, but he put an order in for the mic while I was there. We also plugged in a new SM-58 that he recently purchased and while it sounded fairly good, it did not hold a candle to the less expensive Samson Q7.

Now, for me at least, stereo doesn't mean a thing--that's an individual choice or preference. For those that have to hear stereo, and they own a keyboard with built-in speakers, why not just leave your speakers turned on? You'll hear stereo, most audiences could care less and you'll save lots of money by purchasing just a single L1 Compact.

Good Luck, Jim,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#273381 - 10/08/09 07:11 AM Re: Bose Compact review LIVE
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Jim - I think you will be happy with your choice. My first experience with my Compact was not the best, but everyone here at SZ helped set me straight and now I wouldn't go back to my other PA options for anything. You may find you like the one Compact so much that you don't miss your stereo, but if you do at least a second Compact is not that out cost prohibitive. Enjoy.

I think Bill in Dayton will be somewhat jealous; he wants one for Christmas...

What ya mean? He already has all the toys

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#273382 - 10/08/09 07:16 AM Re: Bose Compact review LIVE
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I took the Bose L1 Compact to a fellow entertainer's home yesterday, connected it to his PSR-2000, plugged in my Samson Q7 mic, made a few quick EQ adjustments on the keyboard and mic settings, fired up a style and the first words out of his mouth were "Damned, that keyboard has NEVER sounded this good." He was blown away by the L1 Compact, and his wife, who is an incredible jazz singer, could not believe the crispness and clarity of the vocals.

Unfortunately, he was in such a position that he couldn't afford to purchase the L1 Compact at this time, but he put an order in for the mic while I was there. We also plugged in a new SM-58 that he recently purchased and while it sounded fairly good, it did not hold a candle to the less expensive Samson Q7.

Now, for me at least, stereo doesn't mean a thing--that's an individual choice or preference. For those that have to hear stereo, and they own a keyboard with built-in speakers, why not just leave your speakers turned on? You'll hear stereo, most audiences could care less and you'll save lots of money by purchasing just a single L1 Compact.

Good Luck, Jim,

Gary

I know Gary. I was thinking all the while I was playing about NOT needing (2). I'd say 90% sounded terrific. When I got to my Cole Porter Night and Day (I play an all strings arrangement), it just didn't have the beauty. I'll do more again today and beyond and decide. I am one who likes that ear balance. The keyboard speakers stay on, but they seemed to diminish more when the Bose kicked in. I will most probably get 2 - I play many x per day and want the very best.

#273383 - 10/08/09 07:18 AM Re: Bose Compact review LIVE
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Na-na-na-na-nana, I TOLD YOU SO.

DonM

We finally agreed on something The Bose stereo will be a real treat and totally inspiring - what it's all about anyway.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online