SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 16 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16 >
Topic Options
#272611 - 10/24/09 03:52 AM Re: Lionstracs new products
AFG Music Offline

Quote:

Closed Keyboard: Designed for those that are happy to accept what the manufacture gives them.

Open Keyboard: Designed for those that want to use the software and sounds that they want.

good point abacus, i had more 3000 sound in roland Va-76 and i have used only 80 sound for style creating, why becouse not all sounds are good in a closed system. with a open systen you can ad your sounds. it can be a good or bad sound. if you have better sounds you have a better sounding style in a open system. you can easy make the style sounding with your sounds from your library......

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 10-24-2009).]

#272612 - 10/24/09 04:32 AM Re: Lionstracs new products
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
However good a 'concept' may seem, it's probably doomed to failure if there is a cheaper, easier way to accomplish the same thing. JMO.

chas

BTW, now that the Korg Oasys is starting to show up on ebay in the 5k range, that would be an 'item of interest' for me (more 'settled' technology, IMO, even if some hardware components might be dated and continued support questionable). I always wanted one but considered it too expensive for (me to have as) a studio 'toy'. If I were more into experimental music, it would be a no-brainer for me. I've heard it demo'ed by sales hacks and still walked away with eyes glazed over in amazement. A really remarkable instrument. Probably the one I'd choose if I could only have one. Since I've got other more important stuff ordered already, I may settle for a used M3.

#272613 - 10/24/09 05:14 AM Re: Lionstracs new products
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
This topic is based about our new products and I leave you to discuss how much you like..

Here also a nice prewiev of the Vasio Rack 2 U version, with the 3D rendering help from James.
Is only a picture..BUT the real prototype EXIST! ( James get the all pictures and the PCB board leds that are working)
Give then also the Ebony Rack version, with only the Linuxsampler for Giga sounds streaming.

Here on full size: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/images/groove/rackvasio1.jpg

About 15 days and you can see the all TRUE pictures...
With 1800 Mb of Giga piano Stainway D Grand and 980Mb of Bosendorfer 290...I will really see who can compete with this sounds...
Enjoy

#272614 - 10/24/09 06:00 AM Re: Lionstracs new products
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Wow thats an amazing looking box !!! And the angles are just so...so....box like and the bright lights really set it off !!!

Forgive my sarcasm. What is it ? What does it do, who is it aimed at why do you think the arranger forum would be in the least bit interested. Not being sarcastic.heard all the stuff about mega multi gig sounds blah blah blah ....it will sound better than anything ever created blah blah blah....I woonder what you are going to do with the Mediastation as surely those same words were used to sell that ........

Genuinely does liontracs know what they are selling and who they are supposed to be selling to, or are they just trying to unload a product to anyone who might feel generous enough to give them money for it ????

No really....i would like to know !

#272615 - 10/24/09 06:11 AM Re: Lionstracs new products
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Closed Keyboard: Designed for those that are happy to accept what the manufacture gives them.
Open Keyboard: Designed for those that want to use the software and sounds that they want.

Yes... but it's important to point out that you get only 1 keyboard in your purchase of a Closed keyboard, and in the open one you get technically unlimited keyboards that come packed full of sounds just the same as a closed keyboard comes.

Go here for example and hit play to hear the demo of Tarkus. http://home.btconnect.com/christopherg/
It's worth listening to the entire tune as it changes in around 162.

Now look at the price...!!! 50 UK Pounds is only 82 USD. That's VSTi sound freaking awsome...!!!!I'm actually going to buy it for my V-Machine today. No wonder too, its from the same guys who made Superwave P8 which is a free VSTi that just blows my mind.

Or go here for a pack of 10 free VSTi's http://elektrostudio.ovh.org/
Click on the Audio Demo and listen to the first tune. It's like Jarre in a box for free.

This has just got to be the future of keyboards. The integration of hardware and software.

#272616 - 10/24/09 06:26 AM Re: Lionstracs new products
Irishacts Offline

Hi spalding.

The hardware you are already using comes as is when you buy it. It has only one sound engine and specific functions.

Where lionstracs hardware loads up VSTi's which are software synths just like your hardware is, and allows you to use them as if that software existed as a hardware device just like what you are using already.

So rather than one closed system with one sound engine and specific features, you get a open system that can virtually run multiply synths all in one box.

Surly everyone can see the obvious advantages in that.

A software synth comes with factory sounds just like a hardware synth does so it's only a matter of loading the VSTi and you get tons of new sounds.

Regards
James

#272617 - 10/24/09 07:34 AM Re: Lionstracs new products
AFG Music Offline

not bad graphic design james,very nice.

#272618 - 10/24/09 09:08 AM Re: Lionstracs new products
Irishacts Offline

Thanks, I saw the mechanical drawings but as with any mechanical drawing, it's hard to visualise how the final product will look from a purely visual aspect so I decided to computer model the Rack unit in 3D and render it.

Personally I think it looks really well. I did however change some of the graphics on the front just so I could see what it would look like with a reduced amount of print on them from what Lionstracs normally uses.

Regards
James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 10-24-2009).]

#272619 - 10/24/09 09:50 AM Re: Lionstracs new products
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi spalding.

The hardware you are already using comes as is when you buy it. It has only one sound engine and specific functions.

Where lionstracs hardware loads up VSTi's which are software synths just like your hardware is, and allows you to use them as if that software existed as a hardware device just like what you are using already.

So rather than one closed system with one sound engine and specific features, you get a open system that can virtually run multiply synths all in one box.

Surly everyone can see the obvious advantages in that.

A software synth comes with factory sounds just like a hardware synth does so it's only a matter of loading the VSTi and you get tons of new sounds.

Regards
James

Not trying to be sarcastic or looking for a fight, but I think it's a little bit insulting, not to mention a whole lot patronizing, to post such a response to Spalding. Judging from his posts, I think you'd have to conclude that he's intelligent, articulate, musically sophisticated, and technologically up to speed. So why talk down to him like he's a mentally challenged two year old?

Also, with all due respect, the examples you cited in the previous post either makes no sense on a forum such as this (ARRANGER, NOT EXOTIC SYNTH) OR it completely explains why there is such a disconnect between Liontracs and it's advocates and the 'Sweet Car-o-line' crowd that makes up the majority of this forum. None of the music in those examples is EVER played at the gigs these guys play. Most of the guys on this forum probably hate it. For sure, nobody's audience requests it. I would call it 'synth' music before I ever associated it with 'arranger' music. It sounds a lot like the patches I quickly skip over on my Fantom G (which someone like me probably shouldn't even own ). Like I said, if this is a shining example of what the MS or Groove can do, then that explains a LOT.

One last thing, although admittedly more expensive to implement, all 'closed' systems aren't limited to ONE sound engine. One example in my own arsenal is the Fantom G, which can host two (yeah, only two and they're expensive - but wait till you hear what's on them) ARX cards which are total, independent, full blown synthesizers with (IMO) even better integration with the host.

Look, I'm not saying that the 'open system' concept doesn't have it's appeal (and promise), but the proof is in the pudding and so far, for whatever reason, this concept has not caught on. There's probably even less chance of it catching on among arranger players. JMO.

chas

#272620 - 10/24/09 10:11 AM Re: Lionstracs new products
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Not trying to be sarcastic or looking for a fight, but I think it's a little bit insulting, not to mention a whole lot patronizing, to post such a response to Spalding. Judging from his posts, I think you'd have to conclude that he's intelligent, articulate, musically sophisticated, and technologically up to speed. So why talk down to him like he's a mentally challenged two year old?

Huh ???
The questions he asked where genuine and I replied politely and with respect.

For that you accuse me talking to him like he's mentally challenged ? Seriously mate, you need to unplug and take a breather.

Quote:
Also, with all due respect, the examples you cited in the previous post either makes no sense on a forum such as this (ARRANGER, NOT EXOTIC SYNTH) OR it completely explains why there is such a disconnect between Liontracs and it's advocates and the 'Sweet Car-o-line' crowd that makes up the majority of this forum.

Considering what you are accusing me of above, your the only one I see here now putting down your fellow members. It's not a retirement home here, there are many people interested in all this sort of stuff and you actually have quite a cheek to insult your follow members in this way.

Every single time Diki and I have gotten very heavy with all the technical banter people join in to say how much the they enjoyed that and that we need more of that sort of thing here.

It beats the hell of of listening to grumpy people like you accusing people like me of something in the wrong. You need to wake up man, your not dead yet and it's good to learn something new everyday regardless of what type of keyboard you play.

James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 10-24-2009).]

Page 9 of 16 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online