Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16 >
Topic Options
#272561 - 10/21/09 01:08 PM Re: Lionstracs new products
AFG Music Offline

Quote: Irishacts

Quote:
Hi Diki.
Shipping it with premium content like that will drive up the price and cause other problems like.....

I don't like those programs,
I already have those programs.
I only want the programs I already own installed which are none of the above.

Regards
James

i agree with you james
there are already good Giga sound in MS,
Only thing is you most be a good style programmer. there are good free VST to for linux.

with linux open source you have differents music programming world, then windows.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 10-21-2009).]

#272562 - 10/21/09 01:41 PM Re: Lionstracs new products
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Well, that's exactly what I'm talking about...

Leave those off, and you will be in a store on the same shelf as all the Majors. Only a small percentage of potential customers have the capability of determining what's better based on specs alone. Most want a fair bit of 'proof of the pudding' before they walk out the store with one.

An even smaller percentage is going to already have licenses for the on-board VSTi's (and are still going to need multiple licenses to use on both the computer and the Groove). All I'm doing is looking at this from a marketing POV. If your product is on a shelf next to something that sounds great, and yours doesn't, despite POTENTIALLY (after as much work as it takes to get the MS to beat an OOTB arranger ) being better, guess what 90% of the customers are going to buy?

Now, I'm not saying the customers are always RIGHT, I'm just saying 'The customer is always right!'

If preloading it with premium VSTi's gets you the sale, and leaving it totally up to the user doesn't (as Dom has found out with the MS), wouldn't it make sense to sell it in its' most sellable condition...?

Why not negotiate a 'dealer's license' deal with the VSTi people, that expires after six months (renewable) or when the dealer reports the unit as 'sold'. That way, on the shelf it sounds its' best, but the user still has to buy the VSTi's (but the factory presets will ROCK! ), and the buyer is almost SURE to purchase them just to get the factory presets again...

Only an idiot thinks that he can buy an 'open' product and he WON'T have to load it up with a fair chunk of premium VSTi's on board before it sounds its' best. Load it up at the factory... If the idiot decides he'd rather trade sound and convenience for cost, then deauthorize it, and sell it to him 'bare bones'...

But at least SHOW the thing at its' best, not the same way Dom has for the MS... If Dom had taken this course with the MS, and provided a TOTL VSTi set and TOTL styles developed for it, well, there doesn't seem to be a great shortage of people buying Audya's and T3's at $4500+... That bunch would take the MS FAR more seriously if it sounded as good or better than these, at about the same price. But to save money, I believe he sank the ship.

For the want of a nail...

If he thinks that the WS crowd are any more willing to do ALL the work themselves, he has only to ask himself why the M3, MoXS and FantomG come with such extensive content already provided... Let's face it, if Yamaha et al thought the products would sell anywhere NEAR as well 'bare bones', you bet their LIFE they would save themselves the cost of providing the onboard content..!

#272563 - 10/21/09 02:13 PM Re: Lionstracs new products
Dnj Offline

Here we go again....this unit isn't even out yet and dicki is bashing it.....
seems like Deja Vu all over again.

#272564 - 10/21/09 02:24 PM Re: Lionstracs new products
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi Diki.
Shipping it with premium content like that will drive up the price and cause other problems like.....

I don't like those programs,
I already have those programs.
I only want the programs I already own installed which are none of the above.

Regards
James

Agree totally with you James!
For that on groove is installed a new and different OS as the MS.
the GROOVE is a groove box powered by Qranger and multiple sounds engines, like the all others workstation.

No ONE styles is installed ( but of course WHO want can download from the GFTP server for free)
Same for the Live Styles, the module is REMOVED from the system installer, BUT is always possible to download from the Store and put inside the Presets system.

On Groove are installed another 10Gb FREE Loops library.
The coming soon OS 3.4 with a LOT of new features, 4 multiple VGA outs, can NOT be installed on the MS, untill the MS user upgrade the PCIexpress LVDS-VGA card, for the Open GL 3.0 and Fusion/Compiz features.

Just a question...what is arranger??

#272565 - 10/21/09 02:43 PM Re: Lionstracs new products
leezone Offline

the way i and many see it is like this

what can it do for me OOTB? NOW ...

i don't want to know what it is CAPABLE of if i do this or download this, or buy this extra, or take a computer programming course to do this...

i wanna buy it and have it sound amazing, right then and there...

and i'm sure 90% of people would agree,
including Diki, right Diki?

#272566 - 10/21/09 02:56 PM Re: Lionstracs new products
AFG Music Offline

domenico,

do not delete the styles,if users do not like the syles they can removed from preset folder.

with the styles onboard they can see what they can do with qranger.(they most be a example for creating styles)

and for live styler the new version 11 can load soundfonts from FluidSynth

read this:
http://www.live-styler.de/home/?News

and if we convert the giga sound in MS to SFZ and make a GM2 set for livestyler 11 in MS we wil have better yamaha styles sounding

#272567 - 10/21/09 03:22 PM Re: Lionstracs new products
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I think that in some history book of the future, we will find both the MS and the Audya listed right alongside Franz Schubert's Symphony No. 8.

chas

#272568 - 10/21/09 03:49 PM Re: Lionstracs new products
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi leezone.

Quote:
the way i and many see it is like this
what can it do for me OOTB? NOW ...
i don't want to know what it is CAPABLE of if i do this or download this, or buy this extra, or take a computer programming course to do this...

You can't ask a question like that and then apply a condition saying you don't want to know what it's capable of. That makes your question totally pointless because your ignoring the entire concept behind the keyboard.

Out of the box it's going to allow you to run any content pre-installed and access to the sample library. If you want more or if your not happy with somthing... then that's the entire point of the keyboard. You can add more and anything you want to it.

The only thing the keyboard needs to do in the shop is give you prof of concept. If it can do what it says it can, then technically there is no argument. You simply load and keep only what your heart desires most.

Regards
James

#272569 - 10/21/09 08:36 PM Re: Lionstracs new products
leezone Offline

James,

then how can LIONTRACS say this is an arranger when it comes with "0" styles ???

oh, ye, YOU "can" put your own in there...
until it comes with some REAL styles, some real kick ass content, i , and many will not consider...

i guess 1+1=3 in this case

#272570 - 10/21/09 09:52 PM Re: Lionstracs new products
Bachus Offline

I think these are tight out uggly.. The orriginal metalic ones look better (personal opinion)

@Diki: Do you know how many free vst's sound better then any of current Total arrangers ?

I think you would be surprised.

Next to that from a marketing point of view, they are not trying to sell this instrument to Diki, but to people allready heavy intoo VST's that want an all in one solution for the on stage.

... Next to that you forget that they can allways make package deals if neccessary, selling this and NI KOMPLETE installed on it for $6000 or so, i bet everyone will buy the cheeper version... and install their own copy of NI Komplete on it.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online