SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#270037 - 08/27/09 12:45 PM Re: Goodbye T3 - hello Pa800
124 Offline

Lee, Hammer, don't forget to post some pics. of your adventures on Corfu with the Korgmeister. Some You Tube stuff would be most excellent, too. Okay, you guessed, I'm envious. Bon voyage to you both.:-)

#270038 - 08/27/09 02:31 PM Re: Goodbye T3 - hello Pa800
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Yes, I will post some pics and maybe some music if we do something worthwhile to record. Should be fun and educational as well. We may design and build a new Sax for the PA while I'm there, using DNC?

Hammer, sounds like a great trip your planning...

Lee S.

#270039 - 08/27/09 02:43 PM Re: Goodbye T3 - hello Pa800
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Lee,

what are you flight plans. I am going about to twist the head of my travel planner. I have PM'd Rob for suggestions on getting to Corfu and am awaiting his reply.

Hammer

#270040 - 08/28/09 06:47 AM Re: Goodbye T3 - hello Pa800
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Hammer,
Fly to London, stay over 2 nights, then take Easyjet to Corfu. Same returning, but 1 night in London.

Not cheap, but I had plenty of FF miles to cover the R/T London. Easyjet is about $220 each R/T London - Corfu.

E-mail me personal if you want more details etc.

This is going to be great as Rob is the KorgMeister and a real gentleman. First time for us to be in Europe, a little scary??

Lee S.

#270041 - 08/28/09 07:32 AM Re: Goodbye T3 - hello Pa800
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Thanks Lee for the info. You will have a great time in Europe. London is like any other really big town - some really nice places and a few you don't want to wonder off into. You can catch the main tourist sites in 2 days but doing any of the musiems takes a good deal of time.

In Greece you will run into a few things that are really different from stateside like the public bathroom are for everyone(not his and hers) and not free to use - last year they charged up to 1 euro per person to use the public bathrooms. Also, in public places you had to be a paying customer to use the bathroom. You'll get a kick out of the cars and motorscooters - really a lot of both in Europe - not so much in the UK.

Food was really expensive too. We paid 97 Euros - about $150.00 for 2 large pizzas, one bottle of house wine, and 2 glasses of water at a place in Venice. It was like that all over Europe.

Check with your bank about the exchange rate on your credit card - that is not always the best way to go. One other thing, keep an eye on your wallet. I had my pocket picked last year - had the darn thing in my front pocket too. They are the best in the world at it.

You will feel more comfortable in the UK - same language -well sort of -and many similiar customs. The Brits are rather upfront about manners and being polite - something all of us have seemed to let die. We never make a trip without learning things and coming home with the high hopes of being able to return. It is very addictive.

One other thing - check with your insurance company - see if your auto insurance is good there. Some are, some aren't. We always us a credit card for our rental cars with very small limits on them - was once really screwed by a car rental company - learned the hard way. And remember -a lot of the countries have a complete zero tolorance with visitors - behave yourself.

Thanks again for the flight info. I am going to check into it today and will probably book our flights.

Hammer

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online