SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#265948 - 06/10/09 07:05 AM OT - recording question
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
My church wants to go from recording services on tape and then duplicating them to recording them on CD and duplicating the CDs.

What would be a good digital recorder that we can plug into the pa mixer? 4 tracks are probably 2 more than we need.

We probably will need to duplicate 4 or 5 copies of the cd. What is a decent duplicator?

If we could go from recording to duplicator without having to use a computer that would be a big plus because we have some non computer people running sound sometimes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom

#265949 - 06/10/09 07:21 AM Re: OT - recording question
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
You get no help from me until you post something on the eJam thread.

But if you're serious, start with the Sweetwater catalog; it's my go-to source in print and online. Great people, good prices, reliable service.
http://www.sweetwater.com/c770--CD_DVD_Flash_Recorders

#265950 - 06/10/09 07:33 AM Re: OT - recording question
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Tom, why not look at record direct to CD units..Tascam use to make them, I am sure other brands are available too..

#265951 - 06/10/09 07:35 AM Re: OT - recording question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Tom,

Here is a suggestion:
Marantz CDR420

This unit records directly to an internal hard drive in a variety of formats and then you can burn CD's of the recording via the internal CD-R/W drive. The Marantz Pro equipment is of high quality.

There is another model called the CDR310 that is a bit less expensive because it records directly to CD instead of a hard drive which is fine but then you would need to purchase a CD duplicator as well. With the CDR420, since the recording is on hard drive, you can burn multiple copies just with that unit alone, not simultaneously of course, but it won't take all that long to make 4 or 5 copies as you mentioned in your post.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 06-10-2009).]

#265952 - 06/10/09 08:19 AM Re: OT - recording question
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I had a recorder similar to that, with built-in CD burner. Never used it so I traded it to HankB. I don't know if he still has it, but I think he does. He hasn't used it either.
He's in the hospital so I can't ask him until later.
DonM

#265953 - 06/10/09 01:01 PM Re: OT - recording question
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Zoom H4n... Affordable, easy to use. Records 4-track. USB 2 connectivity to the burner software. Easy to use, easy to replace if stolen. No moving parts (ought to last forever, unlike CD recorders). Records at up to 24/96, or will record as MP3 for the church to put up as streaming audio Podcast on it's website (might get more traffic that way than handing out physical CD's which cost money).

Most likely, you will want to edit the audio before it is burned (cut out dead time, whatever) so recording direct to CD won't help much. Oh, and unlimited recording time, in case the service goes over 70 - 80 min, which is all a CD can record.

Don't need four track? Zoom H2 is even cheaper!

#265954 - 06/10/09 01:25 PM Re: OT - recording question
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Tom - 'd like to add two other suggestions similar to Bill's (WDW).

The Superscope PSD340 and the Roland CD-2e. Sony Superscope and Marantz are almost identical and are from the same manufacturer. Both have double drives and record to DVD.

With all due respects, Diki the Zoom doesn't seem to fit the bill for Tom's church needs. The H4 is great, but it sounds like he wants an all-inclusive machine that can edit, burn and duplicate.

#265955 - 06/10/09 04:02 PM Re: OT - recording question
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Actually Diki has my idea in mind. I can plug the H2 into the mixer, then if I could plug the H2 into a burner/duplicator I'd be very happy.

Tom

Tom

#265956 - 06/10/09 05:37 PM Re: OT - recording question
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
Actually Diki has my idea in mind. I can plug the H2 into the mixer, then if I could plug the H2 into a burner/duplicator I'd be very happy.

Tom

Tom, that's a great way to go. I plug my H2 directly into my mixer and record live shows all the time. I make them into CD's and sell them. The sound is great.

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

#265957 - 06/10/09 05:43 PM Re: OT - recording question
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
I can plug the H2 into the mixer, then if I could plug the H2 into a burner/duplicator I'd be very happy.

Tom

http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1994

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online