SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 37 of 37 < 1 2 35 36 37
Topic Options
#265377 - 08/23/09 12:57 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
The Korg's have some seriously hip drum kits (derived from the SERIOUSLY radio ready Triton series) and you have to work like crazy to get anything close to them from a Roland. If you could build up User Kits from the available sounds spread over different kits, you might stand a better chance, but Roland don't let you do this.

Diki you are wrong about roland! you can use more then one drumkit in a style, i used this in roland Va-76 with Micro Edit and program change in microedit. i have a some styles where i used 5 drum kits in one pattern. you can also use different drumkits for intro-fill-variation and endings

micro edit option from roland is the best that i have ever seen, but ths possible in MS in differents way. if roland some day take the variphrase back in arrangers and allow to add variphrase loops in styles then roland wil win from korg and yamaha. mybe they can add sampling options from fantom synths to the arranger

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 08-23-2009).]

#265378 - 08/23/09 01:50 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You can put different kits into different style divisions, but you can't combine elements from two different kits at the same time. There is only the one drum track. If a sound is only available in the one kit, you can't have it sound while a second kit does the main rhythm.

Every Roland kit contains quite a few 'alternate' sounds, primarily kicks and snares, and the Makeup Tools section allows you to easily change out these rather than the pre-programmed sound. But is by no means comprehensive. Each kit basically only has the one set of hihats, toms, crashes, etc.. There is no way to take, for instance, the hihats of one kit and combine them with the rest of the kit from another. And certainly no way to store these edits (when you CAN make them), other than in the ONE style you are working on.

You certainly don't get the ability to create your own 'custom' kit out of ALL the arranger's available sounds, and you can't run two drum tracks simultaneously, only one at a time. Yes, you aren't limited to one kit for the whole style, but there are still significant limitations to what you CAN do....

If you have found some kind of 'back door' way to combine say the hihats from one kit with the drum sounds of another, I would be VERY interested in hearing how...

#265379 - 08/23/09 02:17 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
You can put different kits into different style divisions, but you can't combine elements from two different kits at the same time. There is only the one drum track. If a sound is only available in the one kit, you can't have it sound while a second kit does the main rhythm.

Every Roland kit contains quite a few 'alternate' sounds, primarily kicks and snares, and the Makeup Tools section allows you to easily change out these rather than the pre-programmed sound. But is by no means comprehensive. Each kit basically only has the one set of hihats, toms, crashes, etc.. There is no way to take, for instance, the hihats of one kit and combine them with the rest of the kit from another. And certainly no way to store these edits (when you CAN make them), other than in the ONE style you are working on.

You certainly don't get the ability to create your own 'custom' kit out of ALL the arranger's available sounds, and you can't run two drum tracks simultaneously, only one at a time. Yes, you aren't limited to one kit for the whole style, but there are still significant limitations to what you CAN do....

If you have found some kind of 'back door' way to combine say the hihats from one kit with the drum sounds of another, I would be VERY interested in hearing how...

it is posible in micro edit ans insert a program change, and then select the drum kits and the key note you want to insert you can in micro edit, edit everthing in a style

i used this in roland va-76. you have for 4 map sounds in roland va-76, map 4 is the new sounds for roland va-76 and the first 3 are from first roland arranger keyboard and one roland module, i have used this not only on map 4 drum kits but i recorded als like a hihats from one kit and the bas drum from a second key and conga from a other key, i think roland is the only from big 3 with this option. you can also do this for ACC instruments in a style like C from one guitar E from one guitar and G from one guitar... to create a creazy Chord but the best is to use it for drumkits,

i can send you a style that i made some years a go becouse i have no roland any more.
but i do not no if this wotk for G-70 becouse you have only one soudset but you have micro edit with more options in g-70 you most read the manual with patence i am sure its possible on G-70 to.

#265380 - 08/23/09 02:51 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

here is the prove. look at the event list in this image from emc style works xt with pluspackage activeted:

[img=http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1562/emcstyleworks.th.jpg]

or this link:
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1562/emcstyleworks.jpg

you see i also used rythm fx in the midi drum loop

#265381 - 08/23/09 07:20 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
This will be in the new OS!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb4EZjyxRDg

#265382 - 08/23/09 08:03 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
here is the prove. look at the event list in this image from emc style works xt with pluspackage activeted:

[img=http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1562/emcstyleworks.th.jpg]

or this link:
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1562/emcstyleworks.jpg

you see i also used rythm fx in the midi drum loop

Well, you learn something new every day! I would never have thought that a bunch of notes, all on exactly the same clock tick, with PC#'s preceding them would all actually come out in order... That's pretty cool. (I presumer the timing stays good?)

Mind you, I can see this as mind numbingly tedious to do when trying to combine several elements from different kits. Is there any way to automate this in Styleworks?

I've analyzed a bunch of ROM styles, and I've never seen this technique used in any of the ROM styles... I guess even Roland didn't know this trick. Thanks for showing this old dog a new trick...

BTW, do you have this example G70 style (what is shown in the .jpg you posted)? I'd like to make sure that doing this doesn't upset the timing of the groove. Most things I've ever sent a boatload of PC#'s to at a time take a while to process them. That's why I always put a bar of silence in at the start of a sequence, to allow the PC#'s to take before it has to start playing...

Page 37 of 37 < 1 2 35 36 37

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online