SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 20 of 37 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 36 37 >
Topic Options
#265207 - 06/14/09 06:27 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Magica Alfa Offline

Diki ,

As agreed in other forum I'm waiting your demo.

I'm next week from Tuesday on tour. So please if you can send it before this date or I will make my part at end of next week.

BR

Magica Alfa

#265208 - 06/16/09 10:27 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
That will answer the question of style conversion, but it still doesn't answer what I just asked...

Guitar strumming VSTi's... do they work well in realtime?

Please remember, to be able to say YES to this question, you should have already DONE IT, and it should be easily demoed.

Sorry, Magica, I had a very busy week, only just getting back home myself... I am on it as fast as I can!

#265209 - 08/01/09 06:26 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
I'm not beating around the bush, I'm actually happy now that I finally “Get It” after years following the developments of this keyboard.

I always wondered why there was such secrecy surrounding this keyboard and a complete lack of Audio Demo's worthy of even being heard.

The answer is it's a Lemon and nobody likes admitting that they got caught out.

So my final words on the subject of the Mediastation “ever” will be, shame on anyone who knew of all these problems and ever reported them on the forum. If the keyboard is not playable live and reliable it should have been reported long long ago..

The End.

To Irishacts, (James) I am sorry for any harsh words I may have had towards you and your view of the MS.

All of what you say I now agree with.

Although what I will say is, speaking for myself, I never hid anything, it just took some time to work out what the issues were.

There are other owners who have owned a Media Station much MUCH longer than me who still attempt to "gloss over" the deficiencies.

For me the MS WAS a lemon, a giant leap of faith that proved to be a waste of time and money.

An idea and concept ahead of its time and yes, brilliant in its way, but without nearly enough of the resources to implement it properly so it could be a fully live instrument. Although even at a studio level it has issues.

I have now moved on (or slightly backward, not in quality though) and I will not be visiting software based keyboards for a long, LONG time, maybe never again.

Dennis

#265210 - 08/02/09 01:18 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Dennis
Don’t dismiss all software boards because of one bad experience.
Wersi have been making software keyboards/organs for about 10 years, and there are no problems with live use. (You will find they are played on TV, in Clubs, Concert Halls and Stadiums, as well as at home and in the studio, plus Wersi has been making keyboards/organs for the last 40 years so are not new to the business)
TIP: If you want a Wersi Arranger, make sure you add or it already has the OAA (Open Art Arranger) software, as otherwise you will find it is more Organ then Arranger.
NOTE: Contrary to what has been said on some sites (Not Wersi) the OAA will not as yet directly play Tyros 3 styles, only up to Tyros 2 styles (They are a different format to the T2) and so they have to be converted to Tyros 2 Format first. (The same applies to all Yamaha Arrangers)
Used Wersi’s do come on the market every so often, and are easy to upgrade to the latest software/hardware, so there is no need to pay full whack for one. (The longer you keep it (You don’t need to change the whole board to get the latest technology) the cheaper it gets)
The new Pegasus Wing comes with OAA as standard.
Regards

Bill

#265211 - 08/02/09 06:03 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
To Irishacts, (James) I am sorry for any harsh words I may have had towards you and your view of the MS.
All of what you say I now agree with.

Thank you very much, that sincerely means a lot to me. I was only trying to be helpful as nobody likes to get caught up in buying something expensive that simply won't do what it supposed to, nor will it every work as expected regardless of how much time you give Lionstracks to fix it. They completely lack the ability and resources. Not to mention Dom's inability to communicate with people respectfully.

Quote:
I have now moved on (or slightly backward, not in quality though) and I will not be visiting software based keyboards for a long, LONG time, maybe never again.

I really hope this doesn't put you off buying software based keyboards in the future because soon they will be the only thing in the future of all top end keyboards. When they are built by companies with the money and resources to make the product work, they really do work. For example, I'm a proud owner of the KORG OASYS which is entirely software based and that works like a dream. KORG even made all the technology transparent. At no point do you feel your working with a PC, it just feels like a musical instrument. You can't see the operating system at all actually.

Kind Regards
James

#265212 - 08/02/09 09:12 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

is sad to see read about your experience with the MS Dennis.i thenk domenico need more time to fenish this product, and he is verry close to.

but as a musician i understand you!

#265213 - 08/02/09 10:08 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
is sad to see read about your experience with the MS Dennis.i thenk domenico need more time to fenish this product, and he is verry close to.

but as a musician i understand you!

The mediastation has been available to purchase for 5 years now and it still doesn't even function right.

Your only kidding yourself.

#265214 - 08/02/09 11:03 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
miden Offline

Loc: The World
James, it hasn't put me off the software concept fully, but I will certainly be much more wary in the future.

Dennis

#265215 - 08/03/09 12:04 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I know I'm flogging a dead horse, here, but I have been saying for as long as this thing has been out...

If the factory can't make great music on it, if virtually none of it's users can make great music on (Lord knows, no-one has posted much that use them on this forum that didn't suck), then the odds are, you CAN'T make great music on it. For whatever reason, if there's bugger all out there that doesn't suck, chances are, you can't do any better...

Put it this way... if you can make GREAT music on an arranger that everybody else hates, then POSSIBLY, you've got a slim chance. Maybe you've got a BOTL Casio, and can make music on it that makes a T3 sound like a toy... You are the PERFECT demographic for the MS.

The rest of us are mere mortals. Just like everybody Dom has ever hired, to make factory demos for the MS.

It's not the CONCEPT that is flawed. It's just the implementation of the concept. Something that already sounded and worked GREAT as an arranger would be perfect to have the 'open' concept added to. But let's be realistic.... If it doesn't start out sounding great and working great, who here has the skill to make it that way? No-one I've heard, yet...

#265216 - 08/03/09 12:14 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
AFG give up...there only 2 rules with Diki..

1: Diki is ALWAYS right

2: When Diki is wrong, refer to rule 1

So Dennis, I guess you are saying that both these rules are correct then???

Page 20 of 37 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online