SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 37 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 36 37 >
Topic Options
#265097 - 06/04/09 11:54 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
mr9000 Offline

When i buy a MS, i'll buy a hummer along with it..although it should be stated,neither make much sense or really any use.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 06-04-2009).]

#265098 - 06/04/09 12:21 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
When i buy a MS, i'll buy a hummer along with it..although it should be stated,neither make much sense or really any use.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 06-04-2009).]

Now you guys are knocking my Hummer too...

#265099 - 06/04/09 12:28 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Hell you could replace the Hummer dash with the panel of the MS! This way you get a cool looking cockpit.., AND a nice color touch screen with DVD, and more! You could wire up a bluetooth device and use a wireless midi keyboard or get someone to trick out an Iphone and use a virtual keyboard to control the MS.., and you can use the controls on your Hummer's steering wheel to switch songs on the MP3 players

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 06-04-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#265100 - 06/04/09 01:08 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I buy an MS, I expect to get a hummer from the saleswoman!

She just made a commission for something that doesn't work... (yet... but it's 90% there, trust me, I wouldn't **** in your mouth, checks in the mail, sure, that's a REAL Rolex )

#265101 - 06/04/09 01:47 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Genesys . There is no contradiction in people wanting the ability to edit a style or create a style even if they cant do it very well. They simply dont want to be locked into an instrument that dictates the tight limitations of what can be done with it. You may wish to make patchwork music by copying one piece of audio into a track (once the Audya developes ability in a future OS or using the MS Qranger technology). But try making music other than 1 or 2 chord dance music with tasty chord changes and see what you get? The Audya basically gives you a set of styles and thats all you have got at this point.Noone is calling anyone a Dummy if they cant make styles very well. The whole argument is that it takes skill to make great styles. The Media station gives you mediocre styles that you can completely recreate , however most people would completely re creat more mediocre styles :-)If you had the skill this instrument would be an incredible creative tool. But it takes great skill. However as an arranger , something used live and probably used as an instrument that a musicians livelihood depends upon, it seems to have major limitations in live play and if it locked up in a live performance and needed to be rebooted ,could cost a musician their job. (Thats what i meant about being horified that a fellow musician would knowingly let/encourage working musicians to invest their hard earned money in a product that could lose them work Fran). This is an arranger forum and the people interested in the product for the most part are arranger musicians. The product is promoted as an arranger workstation but the thing it does not do well is work as efficiently as any $600 entry level arranger would.

#265102 - 06/04/09 06:13 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
to the genesys Offline

Seems like persons are finding it very hard to tap dance around the contradiction.

The midiastation has styles and the ability to import lots and lots of third party styles. It also allows for those styles to be completely and with detail, edited by replacement of sounds (even VST sounds), copying of style parts or you can even create your own style from scratch. However, persons on this forum contend that arranger players do not have the skills to use a TOTL arranger the way they are meant to be use. Those same persons then go on to criticize another TOTL arranger (Audya) for not having detail style editing (the very same thing they say arranger players do not have the skill to do). If they can not see those statements as being contradicting statements, then ….

And persons seem to get confused with the difference between something being an “arranger” (objective) and something being a “good arranger” (subjective).

When I posted a topic on what is an arranger, it was very difficult for person to identify what is an arranger.

#265103 - 06/04/09 06:41 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Sounds to me like you're taking something a little too personally man. First off all.., if memory serves me correctly..., last time I saw a post here regarding how people use their styles the MAJORITY responded by saying they do MINOR tweeking and don't dig into the deep style editing and many did not create them from scratch.

Perhaps we should throw up another topic AGAIN on how members use their styles and once again see how many dig DEEP into the style editing BEYOND simple part revoicing, part swapping, and effects editing. How many here have enough practice on keyboard drums too (which is one of the BIGGEST obsticles) for MANY when it comes to creating styles. Keyboard drumming is very hard for some people.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#265104 - 06/04/09 07:15 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Sounds to me like you're taking something a little too personally man. First off all.., if memory serves me correctly..., last time I saw a post here regarding how people use their styles the MAJORITY responded by saying they do MINOR tweeking and don't dig into the deep style editing and many did not create them from scratch.

Perhaps we should throw up another topic AGAIN on how members use their styles and once again see how many dig DEEP into the style editing BEYOND simple part revoicing, part swapping, and effects editing. How many here have enough practice on keyboard drums too (which is one of the BIGGEST obsticles) for MANY when it comes to creating styles. Keyboard drumming is very hard for some people.

Nothing personal here.

BTW your point above is exactly my point with people’s criticism for the Audya for lack of style creation and detail style editing.

#265105 - 06/04/09 09:35 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry, genesys, but before we go much further, perhaps you could play us some of YOUR 'conversions' from third party styles...

You see, there is a huge gap between a machine having the POTENTIAL to do a task, and users' actual skill to do the task. Personally, as I have said earlier, I believe it is a VERY hard task to take a style for one arranger, and turn it into something at least as good on another. Whether closed or open. If you feel otherwise, respectfully, I would like to hear some examples of you doing this.

Otherwise, you are arguing a point you cannot support. I believe there is a VAST difference between merely moving a note here, a note there to edit an already pretty good style to fit a tune you want to do, to taking something that sounds bloody horrible on its' new arranger, and turning it into something as good as from whence it came. Let alone BETTER.

I would like to see some proof that this is as easy as you make out. Because, in my experience of mining the web for conversions, I haven't found anyone reliably succeeding at this. Who knows? Perhaps, if you feel this is easy (and can show proof of the quality of your work), there is good money to be made providing this service? Lord knows, there are enough MS users out there clamoring for good non-PSR styles that use VSTi's and all the capabilities that the MS has.

#265106 - 06/04/09 10:15 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Genesys,
I'm probabably an example of the type of user Spalding is referring to.

I know the style creation/editing features of my Korg pretty much inside out. The same as I have over the years with my Technics, Yamaha , Roland & Ketron.
I heavily rely on editing functions, the styles I put together are from various sources including, track copying of internal styles, intro's & endings from song based midifiles, BIAB conversions, EMC conversions. A lot of these styles require more than just the changing of instruments or panning, they require note editing. THat's why my SD1+ didn't work out for me.

With decent editing functions, it doesn't matter if a keyboard has the type of styles I use, I can find one that closely resembles & alter it, or fix up an EMC conversion that contains wrong notes, whatever.

The styles I put together don't come up to Rom style quality, but they are useable.
If I was a bit more musically inclinded, I'd probably be able to tweak them up just that tiny bit better, but unfortunately my brain leans more towards the "How To" rather than the perfect musical result.

I sort of find it a bit odd, the number of musician's that appear to be content just using onboard styles.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
Genesys . There is no contradiction in people wanting the ability to edit a style or create a style even if they cant do it very well. They simply dont want to be locked into an instrument that dictates the tight limitations of what can be done with it.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by to the genesys:
[B] Nothing personal here.

BTW your point above is exactly my point with people’s criticism for the Audya for lack of style creation and detail style editing.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 9 of 37 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online