SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 37 < 1 2 3 4 36 37 >
Topic Options
#265027 - 05/28/09 11:56 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
No, sorry... I get this crap so often, I didn't see the wink (it's rarely actually meant, anyway!)...

The thing is, Dennis, as tough as it is to post such a brutal assessment, this is the VERY thing that needs to be aired on SZ, lest someone only gets to read the positive posts. I feel like a lone wolf howling at the moon sometimes, for all the help I get...

Stability in an arranger is job 1. Job 2 AND job 3...

And ease of live use is Job 4. No-one CARES how many VSTi ASIO host can run simultaneously, if it can't run stably and operate live, easily...

And the styles are Job 5... Strike that. Styles are Jobs 1, 2 AND 3... One assumes that stability and ease of use are there from the git go... no arranger should ship without them. I am sorry to hear of your troubles, all stereotypes of me to the contrary, I wanted this thing to work out for you, really I did

BTW if Lionstracs intend these as instructional videos only, where ARE the videos supposed to SELL the darn thing?

#265028 - 05/29/09 04:07 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Magica Alfa Offline

My friend DIKI,

You need to test better MS.

MS is stabile. I play with 8 ASIO VST at same time and I'm using style player + player for MP3 with tempo changing.

When you will understand that you will not blame yourself.

Sorry for my english next time I will use google translate.

BR

MAGICA ALFA

#265029 - 05/29/09 12:13 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Dennis. I really wish you would provide a full report on the MS as was the original idea a few months ago . I dont know what happened to kill that thread but as Dikki said we need honest and thorough feedback from a musician that bought the MS based upon the claims of the manufacturer and what they found was great and what they found was not. I dont know if you want to try again but you have already aluded to its strength as a VST host . What about its claims as an arranger ? What about the ability to take yamaha styles and make them sound as good on the MS ? What about the stock sounds it came with ? Have you managed to create any styles on the instrument that rivaled the Korg or yamaha ? What were the problems in terms of live play in a OMB situation that you aluded to ?

Its clear that all we are going to get from Dom is an ever lengthening list of functions that get him excited but what got you excited about the MS and are you still excited ?

#265030 - 05/29/09 01:37 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Magica... Fascinating that you respond to me (who doesn't have an MS) but you completely ignore Dennis (who DOES) when it comes to talking about stability.

Where's your explanation to HIM for his problems?

That's right... nowhere.

#265031 - 05/29/09 01:41 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
I have had to look further afield now though, as I have now been waiting 4 months for operational functions that SHOULD have been working when I bought it but to this day still don't. In its present state it is not a really a live keyboard for a OMB. If I was in a band, it would be perfect.

As I have always said this is a Muse Receptor on steroids. But as for the other stuff, it has not lived up to expectations I'm afraid. It is way too awkward to use in any live situation (OMB wise I mean).

Quote:
Oh yeah, I forgot, as for stability its not too bad. Its a long way from rock solid and this I suspect has more to do with teh fatc it is primarily software driven (vst's etc etc).

Like one really annoying thing is sometimes you ahve to turn it on an off about three times before you actually get sound. This is down to what they call in Linux the JACK output configuration tool. Sometimes it just doesn't wanna play .. BUT when it does fire up it is usually okay, although I have to say, the slightest software issue can send it into a tailspin requiring a restart/reboot.

Comments, Magica?

#265032 - 05/29/09 04:36 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Very good AFG Music.

Superwave P8 running inside there also
Sweet man, that's one fantastic VSTi.

Jean Michel Jarre heaven.

#265033 - 05/29/09 05:55 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
"...Like one really annoying thing is sometimes you have to turn it on an off about three times before you actually get sound. This is down to what they call in Linux the JACK output configuration tool. Sometimes it just doesn't wanna play .. BUT when it does fire up it is usually okay, although I have to say, the slightest software issue can send it into a tailspin requireing a restart/reboot.

Are you talking about the MS here??This is a most horrible of 'Bugs' if so!I would take a PSR1000 hands down if i had to purchase one or the other,if 3 re-boots are sometimes necessary..

#265034 - 06/01/09 08:20 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

delete

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-06-2010).]

#265035 - 06/01/09 08:43 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Geez.., bugs or not.., ANY keyboard that requires the user to reboot several times is a SERIOUS issue. It may not be a bug per say.., but sure as hell an issue that could cause problems for the live musician.

Styles.., sounds, software and UI are always going to be subjective.., but having a SOLID BOOT UP/POWER UP is a MUST.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#265036 - 06/01/09 08:48 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Dnj Offline

MS is a work in progress.....Domenic will work things out as they go along.He will also listen to users & try to implement corrections from feedback which is nice that you can talk to the designer one on one.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-01-2009).]

Page 2 of 37 < 1 2 3 4 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online