SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 32 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 31 32 >
Topic Options
#264507 - 06/06/09 02:51 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Eddie, I like this a lot. I wish I had your right hand licks - very good.

So what arranger did you use? Style? wtc...

Just one critical comment - I wish the arrangement and keyboard was a little louder.

Great job! Thanks.

#264508 - 06/06/09 03:09 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Keyboard I used was Yamaha PSR 3000. It was an onboard style called Slow Blues in the R&B style section. I also had a bluesy 3rd party multi-pad I picked up somewhere.

I would have liked to boost the audio in a bit...but the Flick doesn't have a line in jack.

I, too, really liked Cass's arrangement and vocal. Hearing different interpretations and styles is what I imagined the Ejam to be all about.

I don't think I could do Black Horse and Cherry Tree...but I am anxious to see if anyone tackles that one.

I appreciate the opportunity to participate. Thanx Cass.

Eddie

#264509 - 06/07/09 01:43 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Yes Bill and Cassp we do Black Horse and the Cherry Tree (KT Tunstall) but haven't recorded it yet...
Next time we're practising I'll take a recording...great number...
Rog

#264510 - 06/07/09 02:35 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Nigel,
Why is the menu showing latest post as 7 6 09 when the last post is 26 5 09.
This has occurred a few times recently, not that I want to participate in the p...... contest, but just as a means of keeping up to date. I do not want to waste my valuable time scrolling when it is not necessary. Also, recently I sent a couple of posts regarding the boring topic of The Audya Sh....fight which did not surface. Was the content not suitable .....or did I malfunction????
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#264511 - 06/07/09 06:18 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Casp...Hello My Friend...Thank You for Doing this...This is why I check the Zone Daily Hoping to find People Sharing the Musicial Gifts They Have...Fantastic Job Everyone, I really enjoy Your Music...Thank You All So Much...Also The You-Tube Shows the Live Playing which helps gather Ideas on playing technics,etc. And I Get to See Meet You in Person!...Keep it Up

Sincerely, Harold

#264512 - 06/07/09 07:13 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

Harold - you should still have an arranger or two lying around the house. Turn it on and give us a taste of your music. No special recording skills needed and you don't have to do multiple takes, just play us one of the tunes.

AND THAT GOES FOR ALL YOU READERS OUT THERE, play your rendition of one of our eJam songs. Let's fill the Zone with our music.

Saint - haven't the slightest idea of what you're talking about. As long as I've been here, posts have always been from earliest to latest. And this isn't any piss..... contest, as you could see if you read all the posts.

Donny's hopefully going to repost his song and this first eJam will carry thru the end of the month or until the songs stop coming. There will be a #2, so get your suggetions ready.

#264513 - 06/07/09 10:49 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by The Saint:
Hi Nigel,
Why is the menu showing latest post as 7 6 09 when the last post is 26 5 09.
This has occurred a few times recently, not that I want to participate in the p...... contest, but just as a means of keeping up to date. I do not want to waste my valuable time scrolling when it is not necessary. Also, recently I sent a couple of posts regarding the boring topic of The Audya Sh....fight which did not surface. Was the content not suitable .....or did I malfunction????
Ray

the first post was May 26, 2009 and the last post is today June 7, 2009.
Bebop

#264514 - 06/09/09 06:47 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

from Fred Wren - Hi Cass,
I have learnt a lot from joining the eJam program. I have had the Yamaha PSR-S900 for about a year now, and just arranged songs to play for my own amusement in doors, as I don’t gig any more.

By joining in the eJam, I learnt how to record to a USB stick,download it to a computer, change it to a mp3,and e-mail it
to you as an attachment.

Listening to you and other members arranging singing Styles, I thought I would have a go at it. I am not a singer as such, but at 76yrs it gives me an interest, and helps keep the brain and fingers active.
I am sending you another style of ‘The Nearness of You’ as I don’t know, and have not got a 'buskers copy' of the other
two songs. As I have already sent you one song, I won’t mind if it is not included in the eJam, as I don’t wont to cause
any problems. I am just pleased your eJam motivated me to join in, which I think is what it’s all about; if it was a contest I would not have bothered. But being able to listen to other member from around the world
providing their arrangements of similar songs, I think is really worth while.

I connected the mike to the psr-900, recorded onto a usb stick using an, Acoustic jazz, Orchestral swing 1, and PianoBoogie, styles. Changed it to an mp3 and posted it to you, to do with as you wish.

Regards
Fred Wren

THANKS SO MUCH, FRED FOR TRUSTING ME WITH YOUR MUSIC. HERE IS YOUR "SECOND" ENTRY JUST AS YOU SENT IT.

The Nearness of You - version 2

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 06-26-2009).]

#264515 - 06/09/09 06:54 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Hey Fred-

Nice job...I enjoyed your vocals and I was grabbed by your organ playing...

Please keep them coming...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#264516 - 06/09/09 07:37 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

Great job, Fred. Have you ever played a Mighty Wurlitzer theater organ? Your organ style would fit right in - love it.

Since almost everyone is doing versions of Nearness, maybe I'll scrap my work on Black Horse and give Nearness a shot - I've still got a few weeks, right.

Page 9 of 32 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 31 32 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online