Quote:
Originally posted by jwyvern:
Here's my instrumental/orchestral version of Nearness on Ty3 which includes SA2 and custom voices. Hardly anything out-of-the-box.

Quick-recorded (meaning played at once, not multitracked) to midi first, using registrations to change setups for the different sections.

John, this is excellent...sounds exactly like a big band...very well played and arranged...I like this even more than Noel's version...probably because you are using the "arranger" rather than a piano, but also, I'm a "melody" man and prefer to hear the crux of the tune rather than improvisations...but that's just my preference, Noel's version was still very, very good.

Fine work, my friend...very impressive, and even more so, considering it is a "quick record" which is basically how one would hear this tune if you just sat down and played it for them "live".

You definitely raised the bar again for instrumental versions of this great old ballad.

Ian