SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 29 of 32 < 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32 >
Topic Options
#264707 - 06/25/09 03:14 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
One step forward, two steps back...

C'mon folks, we have almost 280 posts and 7 pages of this thread, if you haven't read them all, then I suggest you do so. Donny has had this running feud with Diki for some time now. Diki was very critical of Donny and vice versa. I've chided and begged both guys (as have others) to tone down the fireworks; and for the most part they have. I took dnj's remarks to be along those lines; I felt he obviously didn't want to mention names. If I am wrong please correct me. I am not taking sides, just trying to mediate and keep this thread from losing the great momentum it has generated.

Miden, please feel assured nothing was directed toward you or others who have chosen to not participate in this jam. Everything is voluntary and should be as you state. Unfortunately, the early stages of this venture were a little rocky with some jabbing back and forth with some parties - and as I said I'm convinced that's where this latest comment was directed.

I am much elated by the positive response to the concept and music presented on this first eJam. Not everyone will like or perform every or even a single song - that is your perogative. I just hope you listen to, appreciate and support your fellow SZ members in putting their music "out there.'

#264708 - 06/25/09 03:48 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Fair enough Cass... I have stated this before though, where posts (intentional or not) on the forum often sweep up more than just the intended recipient because of the generalised nature.

I can understand that the generalisation is meant to avoid degrading the thread into personal battles, but posters of generalised comments must realise the potential collateral damage they cause.

If comments like these were more specific then people ,me for example, would not think they were being included. And as you may agree, it needs to be specific because of the nature of the text medium.

So on to jam #2 , I am looking forward to making a contribution to it. Those songs have not been on my play rotation for a while, but they are still fav's with me. as is ANYTHING Leon!!

Dennis

But I accept what you say.

#264709 - 06/25/09 05:01 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

Points well taken ,Miden.

Oh, didn't you hear? It's gonna be an all-accordion-voice "Lady of Spain" jam, ala FC.

gotcha

#264710 - 06/28/09 03:29 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

JUST TWO DAYS LEFT. WHO WILL POST OUR FINAL SONGS?

#264711 - 06/30/09 01:28 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR ...

t.

#264712 - 06/30/09 01:31 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
tony mads usa Offline

LAST ?!?!? ... and maybe LEAST ???

hope this works ... haven't used 4shared before ...
http://www.4shared.com/get/115168897/9d11ead2/Nearness_6_30_09.html

As we say in golf "GRIP IT and RIP IT !!!

t.

#264713 - 06/30/09 01:35 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Attaboy, Tony!

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#264714 - 06/30/09 01:38 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
tony mads usa Offline

BTW ... info ...
technics kn6000 - Rhumba style stripped down to guitar, bass and drums - recorded in "Easy Record", one shot, no post-recording editing ... set 4 Panel Memories with 'voice' registrations
Senn 855 mic
Alesis multimix 6 mixer
ACID PRO 6 software ... no post-recording editing ...
into my DELL PC ...

t.
PS ... my e-mail address is in my profile and all constructive criticism is gladly accepted ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 06-30-2009).]

#264715 - 06/30/09 02:08 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

t - right on with the slow rhumba style. Very smokey feel, I could see the couples dancing so close and pessing up against each other. The instrumental solo was very good and expressive. There certainly is no least, and if there were you wouldn't be...

I'm still waiting one one person who wrote about how to post and maybe one of the regulars, if he makes it.

This has been a great first attempt for all of us. I'll be back with a wrap up.

#264716 - 06/30/09 04:05 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

As we wait for any last minute entries, let me have my semi-final say about eJam 1.

This started out as an idea about a year or more ago. I finally voiced it here on the SZ to see if any of the members here would be willing to post some of thir talent in the form of song. In my five years here I have heard very few music postings.

This was not a contest, but a jam, as similar as we could come to the winter Louisianna Jam, that many of us could not make. The object was to choose a song or three that people would be willing to take a chance on and let us hear their strengths and weaknesses. Surprisingly, there were very few weaknesses, if any and a mountain of strengths. Also surprising was that many of the e-jammers were SZ members who are from the quieter part of the membership - many non-playing (aka pro) keyboardists.

The musicianship was fantastic. The comments very supportive. The overall result, if I say so myself, more than could have been hoped for.

Some members chose not participate in this first session, mainly - I hear - because of the song selection. And that's going to happen. Hopefully future eJams will include something for everyone. Other members were busy with projects or time constraints - well, you can't expect 100% participation in anything, but I feel this #1 eJam was very well represented.

Many members thanked me for doing this. It wasn't me, it was YOU. I only expressed an idea that got tossed around and then came to life. I do not want to be the eJam commissioner, but I do love putting in my 2 cents worth. If anyone feels there is a different way to go about this, please feel free to express yourself.

My feeling for this jam was to ask anyone who belongs to SZ to participate. Some wanted restrictions, like having to use styles, but then we would have missed some very good renditions. So, I feel the less restrictions we have, the more wide open the field.

I hope you enjoyed this first SZ eJam. I have taken the liberty to post all of the entries on a website for easy listening - a special word about Eddie's YouTube link, it doesn't seem to work. Take care and God bless, all.
http://szmembersite.googlepages.com/szmusic

Page 29 of 32 < 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online