SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 27 of 32 < 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 >
Topic Options
#264687 - 06/24/09 02:39 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
John DiLeo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I prefer the more "realistic" "LIVE" sound, that Roland , Korg and Ketron deliver..

We have several examples of arranger turned off, and technical skilled player...another (several) making the most of arranger mode and simplicity melody or light comping..and one or two that used both..arranger backing and full 2 hand play...

We also have some great vocal examples with arranger/seq backing...

Well Fran we all have our favorites I still think the Tyros3 is hard to beat sound wise. I also enjoyed you latest entry too well done. I'm trying to find the chart for Lady of Spain just in case also.

Cass do you still think the best is yet to come from SZ member waiting for the end? Also could you put the links to all the entry songs in one post to make it easier to listen?

#264688 - 06/24/09 02:48 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
That works for me, Fran. Very nice organ work. Who's playin'that pianee? I won't give away your secret. It's nice to hear another version of Ray's great tune. And the G70 sounds are just as fantastic an any otT3er keyboard I've heard. It's all in the registrations, isn't it...

BTW - Lady of Spain was last month.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 06-24-2009).]

#264689 - 06/24/09 03:23 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
I won't give away your secret. It's nice to hear another version of Ray's great tune.

Actually, Cassp, it would be nice when a tune is posted, that the poster at least give a description on how the tune was done, or put together...pretty well every one else has managed to do it so far.

Sharing the music is one thing...sharing how it was done is even better, and makes this thread informative as well as enjoyable.

But, if there needs to be secrets, I suppose we'll just have to understand.

Ian

#264690 - 06/24/09 03:32 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I guess now there's no doubt that the T3 is the best sounding arranger on the market after listening to this? Super performance John!

[

And you wonder how these pissing contests get started?

#264691 - 06/24/09 03:42 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Cassp,
many thanks.

You've done an amazing job in getting members to send in their performances.

The enthusiasm of the members is contagious, to the exent I was almost tempted to send in something myself.
Fortunately common sense took over & I decided stick to my styles . haa haa.

Am really looking forward to next month's Jam.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#264692 - 06/24/09 07:04 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:

Actually, Cassp, it would be nice when a tune is posted, that the poster at least give a description on how the tune was done, or put together...pretty well every one else has managed to do it so far.

Sharing the music is one thing...sharing how it was done is even better, and makes this thread informative as well as enjoyable.

But, if there needs to be secrets, I suppose we'll just have to understand.

Ian

Ian, I did ask the posters to please post such information. We can ask... And Fran's secret is no secret at all; I think we all know that there is a midi file hidden in there somewhere - and the key is hidden. I recognized some parts only because I have a similar file, but Fran completely reworked the instruments and the entire file, and played over it so that it was barely recognizable. Good job.

I think this is what a lot of players can do, especially if they are constantly playing different venues with large demands of different music. Having some well-edited files really helps get thru an otherwise tough evening. At least that's the way it works for me.

#264693 - 06/24/09 07:37 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
And you wonder how these pissing contests get started?

DON'T TAKE THE BAIT !!!!!

t.

#264694 - 06/24/09 07:48 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Ian, I did ask the posters to please post such information. We can ask... And Fran's secret is no secret at all; I think we all know that there is a midi file hidden in there somewhere - and the key is hidden. I recognized some parts only because I have a similar file, but Fran completely reworked the instruments and the entire file, and played over it so that it was barely recognizable. Good job.

I think this is what a lot of players can do, especially if they are constantly playing different venues with large demands of different music. Having some well-edited files really helps get thru an otherwise tough evening. At least that's the way it works for me.

Thanks Cassp.

I have heard the same midi file just recently, on another site, so that's why I asked.

It makes no difference to me that someone uses an SMF...we all have our methods...some use MP3, some multitrack, some use styles...they are all legit in my eyes.

I think it's important to share our methods, no matter what they happen to be, because we can all learn from one another...it happens on other brand specific sites, and it is even better when it happens here on SZ, because it has been so rare up until you started this great thread.

To be more specific, I'm not criticizing or intending to criticize anyone's production methods...Donny used an SMF and I did not rebuke or reprimand him; rather I complimented him wholeheartedly...whatever works for one may not be for the other, but when we share our techniques, it does at least show us other possibilities of which we would not be aware.

I'm very glad you started this ejam, and I'm even gladder that so many have shared their wonderful talents and proficiencies that I would not have heard otherwise.

Pissing contests never have any winners at the outcome, and only succeed in giving bad feelings and sometimes resentments...some long brewing, but this thread has made us all victors, and has brought about a nice feeling of comradery rather than outright competitiveness, which used to be the norm.

My sincere thanks for getting this ejam off the ground.

Ian

#264695 - 06/24/09 09:05 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Lucky2Bhere Offline

My compliments to everyone who submitted many varied versions of my favorite song. I recorded all of them to my hard drive.

May I ask who used MIDI files in some way, shape or form? I'm not condemning MIDI files, just curious about who submitted a completely personal arrangement and who played over a MIDI file?

Lucky

#264696 - 06/25/09 02:15 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
I recognized some parts only because I have a similar file, but Fran completely reworked the instruments and the entire file, and played over it so that it was barely recognizable. Good job.

I.

Cassp, would you please send me the SMF you have of the tune? I have a score reader in my S900 and I would like to see how the arrangement is done, as it is a very nice version of the tune...I might even get a style made from it.

My address is in my profile. Let me know if it's a problem or if it's a go.

Thank you in advance.

Ian

Page 27 of 32 < 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online