SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 19 of 32 < 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 31 32 >
Topic Options
#264607 - 06/17/09 01:54 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cassp....Thanks again for doing this...It's Great coming Home from work and hearing these Musicians Songs!!!...Harold

#264608 - 06/17/09 05:51 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Retired Offline

Loc: England
Ian,
Loved your rendition of the
"Nearness of you",and
thank you, for both your styles,
which I have down loaded.

If you have any tweaked hammond sounds,
for the psr-s900 that you may not mind
sharing, I would be very greatfull to receive them. I have spent a lot of time
trying, but they don't sound right.
I realise it may take a lot of your time,
and will understand if you are reluctant
to part with them.
Regards
Fred Wren

#264609 - 06/17/09 06:14 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Retired:
If you have any tweaked hammond sounds,
for the psr-s900 that you may not mind
sharing, I would be very greatfull to receive them.

Fred,

I mainly work from the drawbars, but I usually use the the first four bars (from the left) pulled out, and sometimes I'll add the 2 2/3 harmonic for a bit of bite.

I also use the Preset organs: Cool, Jazz Organ, and Full Rocker

No matter where you start from, the most effective thing I find, is to make sure the Rotary Speaker is Rotary Speaker 5...it seems to be the most realistic (to me) Leslie emulation.

Just press MIXING CONSOLE, until the Panel Part is on screen, tab over to EFFECT, and you can select the Rotary type by pressing button F.

I hope this helps a bit.

Ian

#264610 - 06/17/09 06:34 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Retired Offline

Loc: England
Ian,
Thank you for the information, which
I have printed out.
I will experiment to morrow,
Thursday.
Regards
Fred Wren

#264611 - 06/18/09 06:44 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Catching up with EVERYTHING after being away for a month has been daunting to say the least, especially when we have out of town friends coming in the first weekend after we got back!!! ... and I'm just catching up with this thread ...

First of all, THANK YOU cass for getting it started, and for getting past the initial 'speed bumps' ... GREAT JOB ...

And ... WOW ... I'm IMPRESSED ...

First, let me say that when I started reading this thread I was getting DEpressed ... but then the BS by the BSers stopped and I started to hear some music ...
I have THOROUGHLY enjoyed all of the renditions of the two songs that have been performed ...
... I am not going to name names for fear of forgetting someone, but NICE GOING guys ...

Let's face it ... none of us is going to have platinum records, or be able to charge $300.00 a ticket for a concert...
But, there is a lot of talent out there, and obviously we love what we do ... and let's face something else ... most of us, if not all who contributed, are or have been (although there are NO has-beens in this crowd ) 'gigging' musicians, who have brought countless hours of joy to the public through the years ... and will for many to come ...
I commend and thank all of you who have contributed ... it's not easy to 'lay yourself out' in front of your peers, but you did so, admirably well ...
Hopefully this thread and others like it will continue here on the ZONE, because THIS is what it REALLY is all about ... SHARING OUR GOD GIVEN TALENT ...
I am going to try to 'catch up' the next week or so, and maybe I'll get to 'lay MYSELF' out for all of you ...

Again, nice work, and let's keep it going ...

Thank you,
t.

#264612 - 06/19/09 12:01 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:
Diki...
What an utter lack of respect for Cass and the purpose of this thread. Donny left. Take it outside.

Oh, I see... If you go back and edit your posts out, it's 'no harm, no foul'?

Yeah, right! I'm SURE if I did that, you would all be FINE with it, eh? The ONE person who has had disrespect for this thread since its' inception has been Donny... of course, you MIGHT not know that if you can't either a) be bothered to remember what he posted in the first place, and b) don't quote him to make sure he doesn't 'hit and run'.

If Donny had the testicular fortitude to leave his posts up (I mean, most of us read them...) you would see a 'call and response' to this. But edit out the 'call' (and everybody nods and winks at this behavior) and the 'response' makes the responder look like the jerk.

I simply don't understand where you guys are coming from. It is the HIGHT of bad netiquette to flame and then edit out the post (and go off on another thread about 'Who? ME?'). But if you condone that behavior without comment, allow me to pay you the same degree of attention. That is, none.

This forum might return to civility if you police ALL members equally. But while you condone it from some, and condemn it from others, it has NO effect at all. Other than to broadcast the hypocrisy of it, anyway.

#264613 - 06/19/09 08:19 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
. and now, back to the music???
t.

#264614 - 06/19/09 08:33 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
. and now, back to the music???
t.

That would be a great idea, Tony.

#264615 - 06/19/09 08:38 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
....then edit out the post....

Nigel, what about remove the delete/edit functions for a while, start with 6 months, then
just forget to add it back again.
That would maybe make us think twice before post, and also me to use the spellchecker.
If we post something who don't look right or totally wrong spelled, we can simply add a
"correction post".
Personally I think this edit/delete function should have been removed years ago.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#264616 - 06/19/09 11:16 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Only the one member is abusing this feature, Gunnar. It seems a shame to spoil it for the rest of the membership just for one guy. Simple fix is to simply quote him as soon as he posts it, if it is objectionable. Then there really won't be any POINT in removing the post...

Page 19 of 32 < 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 31 32 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online