Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 16 of 32 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 31 32 >
Topic Options
#264577 - 06/16/09 10:29 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
It is just beautiful, Ian.
thank you for sharing,

I have to say that all participants have done an outstanding job on their entrys. You all are just great and it is good of you to post a sample of your work here. thank you
I have put my work here in the forum before so I am not shy. I would like to participate but my memory of songs is not too good anymore and since both eyes were operated on I can't sight read fast enough to play anymore so I just play free style jazz now days and when that option is offered I will be here with a hunk of jazz.
Best to all,
Bebop AGE 78
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 06-16-2009).]

#264578 - 06/16/09 12:01 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Outstanding, Ian, as usual... very tasteful arrangement, great use of the SA voices. Makes me kind of wish you had used the T3 to see what THAT is capable of, too...

But Donny.... Donny, Donny, Donny...

Even a 78 year old sweet little old lady recognizes what a jerk you can be. ENOUGH with the 'walking the walk' comments. Listen to the embarrassing PLAYING on your entry. You can 'sing the sing', no doubt about it. But your PLAYING puts you in no better position than most of the amateurs you make jibes against. Compared to Ian's entry (and a few others), you ain't walking NO walk. You are just talking the talk.

Take your own advice. Go practice. And come back and start insulting those who are humbler than you once you CAN play better than them (playing over someone ELSE'S good playing and calling it yours does not count). Perhaps this might be a better use of your time than going back and removing the posts you made so people can no longer understand the responses to it..?

If that WAS you in a good mood after a Yankees win, Lord help us when they lose.

#264579 - 06/16/09 12:31 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Thanks Bebop and Diki...I appreciate your fine comments.

Diki, I used the S900 because it is more representative of what I sound like playing "live".

I still have the Tyros3 here...I'll see if I can squeeze a tune out of it before the deadline, but I may wait till the next e-jam and some different music...I'm also pretty busy doing clinics, although it should slow down over the summer months.

Thanks again.

#264580 - 06/16/09 01:17 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Pacesetter Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

But Donny.... Donny, Donny, Donny...

Even a 78 year old sweet little old lady recognizes what a jerk you can be. ENOUGH with the 'walking the walk' comments. Listen to the embarrassing PLAYING on your entry. You can 'sing the sing', no doubt about it. But your PLAYING puts you in no better position than most of the amateurs you make jibes against. Compared to Ian's entry (and a few others), you ain't walking NO walk. You are just talking the talk.

Take your own advice. Go practice. And come back and start insulting those who are humbler than you once you CAN play better than them (playing over someone ELSE'S good playing and calling it yours does not count). Perhaps this might be a better use of your time than going back and removing the posts you made so people can no longer understand the responses to it..?

If that WAS you in a good mood after a Yankees win, Lord help us when they lose.

Quote from Chubby Checker's Limbo Rock to Diki

Limbo lower now
Limbo lower now
How low can you go?????

#264581 - 06/16/09 01:24 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
John DiLeo Offline

Diki,

That last post was very uncalled for and talk about calling the kettle black! You are the main reason myself and so many other people have stayed away from the SZ due to your constant rhetoric. Now again you feel the need to come down on Dnj as if your the king of the music world which obviously you are so far from that. At least Dnj posted a song in the ejam, where is yours ?
I try to come here for enjoyment & learning more then I now know but you have severely made that impossible with your continuing BS sorry to say. Please grow up, it's getting very boring.

#264582 - 06/16/09 01:27 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Anonymous
Unregistered

IAN.....VERY,VERY NICE Music...You are Very talented as So many on the Zone...Sincerely, Harold

#264583 - 06/16/09 01:37 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Thanks very much, Harold, I appreciate your compliments.

I still wish I could sing as well as Donny, Cassp, Bill, Eddie, Beachbum, Beakybird, and others who have put up some fine vocals on this forum...I sing because I have to...necessary when trying to get a song I've written across to someone else...these guys sing because they love it, and it shows.

Ian

#264584 - 06/16/09 01:38 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Ian,
to my ears, ou sound exactly how a professional should sound.

#264585 - 06/16/09 01:49 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I hate saying this, but - DIKI, TAKE YOUR BADMOUTHING ELSEWHERE! We've been moving along smoothly and don't need ANYONE disrespecting others.

I am very pleased that the rest of us have overlooked the crude remarks of late and are focusing on the task at hand - the eJam. BTW, did I tell you, Ian, that you did a great job.

#264586 - 06/16/09 02:03 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Unreal post, Diki...

Just when IMO, a few guys were starting to consider giving you a second look, you post something like that. Whatever high ground Donny handed you, you just gave right back.

Whatever level of technical knowledge you've shown here has just been blasted out of the water by this post. For a guy who's seemingly so smart, I don't understand how you hit the enter key? There was no need to respond like that, except for you to get your jollies. It went WAY over the line.

I'm not a Diki apologist, nor am I a Donny apologist. Both you guys have posted comments that make BOTH of you look rather foolish and rude. This forum, this thread isn't about either one of you. Its about all of us trying to enjoy each other's music. The BS comments, put downs, teen age crap is really a turnoff.

It almost appears neither of you can control yourselves. Posts have been deleted again, rude, pointed, smartass comments have come from both of you.

You are both pieces of work, full of crap in your own special ways...Take a hike or grow up and act like an adult...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

Page 16 of 32 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 31 32 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online