SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#262964 - 05/09/09 12:43 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Trust me, if you heard the conversations and read the emails from me, you would think they were written by you.

I'm trying to work with Ketron to hopefully get this keyboard more worth it's hefty price tag.

Diki when are you coming to Connecticut to try some of these guys out? I'm 40 minutes from Manhatten?

#262965 - 05/09/09 12:44 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
Right, only to know what they're talking about.

Actually, Glenn, there has been nothing I have commented on that didn't turn out to be true. Am I lucky? Did I know what I was talking about? Or is there more to an arranger than just playing it?

Perhaps, in your case, there isn't.

#262966 - 05/09/09 12:57 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
Diki when are you coming to Connecticut to try some of these guys out? I'm 40 minutes from Manhatten?

I was up your way three weeks ago on a whirlwind tour with a singer songwriter, but had no time for stopping and smelling the roses (and you hadn't got the Audya yet, anyway!). This was the first time I've been that far from FL in over ten years! I wish I could have dropped by, though. You and I seem a lot more together on these issues than some of the fanboys STILL getting up in my grill, despite the darn DEALER saying exactly the same thing!

C'mon guys... start to include Frank in your vitriol too, and maybe you'll realize what doofuses you are being. You are not mad at me for pointing out the same things that Frank talks about.

You are just mad at ME...! Or you would be mad at him too.

I agree with Frank that the time to talk to Ketron (which we are doing by posting publicly, here where they lurk) is NOW, because NOW is the time they are bugfixing and addressing some of these concerns. Try to remember, we are talking about an expensive musical TOOL, not your grandkids. THEY are perfect in every way...

The Audya ISN'T.

Let's help Ketron make it better, by TALKING about the issues, not waiting silently until we can drive halfway around the continent to discover that what we heard n a demo, what we read about in a manual, really IS what is going on... Or do some of you think that the LESS we talk about these issues, the MORE likely they will go away?

Doesn't sticking your heads in the sand (that's the polite version of what I'm thinking ) make it hard to hear anything?

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 05-09-2009).]

#262967 - 05/09/09 12:59 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Thanks for clarifying why it may be beneficial Frank. I am assuming if you don't want any delay at all then there will be no "lag" at all right? For instance, even though the T2 and T3 don't have a 'delay' feature apparently they both have a "lag" 'bug'. I know the T2 does for sure but I am not positive it affects the T3 because Yamaha apparently deems it unnecessary to place the T3 in major retailers. Actually the delay feature on the Audya would come in handy if you wanted to eventually get back to the main screen without having to push any button to do so. Excuse me for not fully understanding the nature of that particular delay feature on the Audya. Thanks for enlightening me.

Quote:
"most of these critics can't walk the walk period tells ya something eh!"

What on earth are you talking about Donny? I am an arranger keyboardist (if you just happen to be talking about me ), I have purchased totl arranger keyboards in the past so I can afford the darn thing if I wanted one i.e. the Audya. I am also NOT willing to sit around "fat, dumb, and happy" and go gaga over each and every product a company happens to come out with simply because it has the name Ketron, Yamaha, Korg or whatever, emblazoned on it; even though there may be some people on this forum who do??

I admit I am being hard on Ketron. I've openly stated that before on more than one occasion. The reason I choose to hold them to the "fire" is because if I (and/or Diki ) don't, then apparently no one else will. I would do, and do, the same with Yamaha, or whichever keyboard manufacturer I consider "falling down" on their job and their duty and/or obligation, to give consumers something that is 'competitively' priced, reliably built, "fully" functional [no guinea pig testers PLEASE!] and that will actually,and hopefully, be supported "through the life span" of the product itself. You can call me a consumer advocate or whatever you want (which apparently you have ) but that won't stop me from trying to stick up for the average Joe out there who deserves, and furthermore, is honestly looking for something better e.g. the best bang for the buck he or she can - or at least something that isn't lacking in at least several major areas and that isn't currently in "beta" form and won't cost him an arm or leg, or both. If the hard talk stirs up Ketron to do better then my mission will have been acomplished. If it doesn't, then the only one who will suffer will unfortunately be Ketron. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img]

All the best,
Mike

PS: And believe it or not that "All the best" includes you too Donny. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-09-2009).]

#262968 - 05/09/09 01:10 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
If the hard talk stirs up Ketron to do better then my mission will have been accomplished. If it doesn't, then the only one who will suffer will unfortunately be Ketron.

And all the people that buy an Audya, simply 'ass'uming that all these issues will one day magically go away...

BTW, the definable 'return to main page' idea is a very good one. Kudos...

#262969 - 05/09/09 01:17 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
frankieve Offline

Trust me, all the stuff that is written about hear is being read by allot of Ketron's people.

The more stuff we can give them, the more stuff they can fix, make better, or add in.

My list is growing

#262970 - 05/09/09 01:35 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Diki Offline

Well, seeing as how Ketron are looking at this...

I've got an idea about the 'return to main page' feature.

You know, sometimes you DO want to return to the main page, sometimes you don't... Rather than one Global return time parameter, why not make a double tap to the page button 'Hold' on that page, and a single tap engage the 'return' parameter?

Best of both worlds...

#262971 - 05/09/09 01:38 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
frankieve Offline

And another one on my list.....

#262972 - 05/09/09 02:41 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Mike,

You jump all over Donny and he did not specify his comment to any one individual.

Criticize the product, not individuals.

Diki, jokely or not was it really neccessary to put the "ass" in assuming ? It really gives the impression that you are calling any current Audya owners an ass (even if it's just 1 person), same with Ketron engineers who are people I know personally.

#262973 - 05/09/09 02:45 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
I got nothing to say to all this except confirm and agree with everything Dikki said.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online