Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#262757 - 05/06/09 08:11 PM My Bose arrived Today
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
I ordered a bose L1 model 1 and an extra B1 bass Module

My First Impressions:

1. I have never ordered a piece of equipment that was packed so incredibly well. They use the plastic style styrofoam all perfectly cut and molded to the contour of the pieces. The system came in 4 boxes. 1 for the sticks, 1 for the power stand, and each bass module came in their own box. The boxes were then sealed with Industrial staples, strapping tape, then a heavy gauge packing tape. I might sound silly commenting on this but I was impressed.

The cases/slip covers are very nice. I thought they would be very cheesy. I may upgrade the B1 module case to the deluxe model only because it completely encases it and I'm OCD about my gear getting scratched.

The documentation was very well done and came on a cd rom as well.

I always thought the L1 was made of plastic.Parts of the powerstand and sub are but those cylinders are heavy duty metal.The build quality is amazing!

Literally 6-8 minutes to set up.(my first time) I bet I can get it down to five.

I tried some mp3's first. It was amazing how clear the sound was. It seemed like the 2nd. Bass Module really gave it that extra thump.

I plugged the tyros 2 into it and I was pretty impressed. The clarity is shocking. I was only in my living room during this preliminary test. The true test will be saturday night at the resort. Anyone in the area give me a call if you'd like to come see it in action.

Anyone recommend any good tonematch presets for the tyros and an Mp3 player?

I could use some little tips on the gain staging for when i try it at the hotel in a ballroom.

I'll post a more detailed review Sunday after the gig!

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.jokevid..com
www.77bucks.com Affordable web design

#262758 - 05/06/09 08:23 PM Re: My Bose arrived Today
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Enjoy the Bose Mikey. We do.... Use the Mike inputs for the keyboard as well and set the pre in the green with few pekas and you are good to go,

I sold the new L1 compact one today and we just got them yesterday.. It could work easily in a room of less than 100 for many.

Rubs are no Phantom Power and the extra height stick separates the highs from the lows too much. Otherwise well worth $999.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#262759 - 05/06/09 10:33 PM Re: My Bose arrived Today
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I just got back from my gig...150 people at the bar and another 250 people dining...and there is a dance floor between them...Guess what sound system I used... ..that's right!!..a pair of Podium 802's...well worth the $240...

#262760 - 05/06/09 11:28 PM Re: My Bose arrived Today
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Interested to hear your post-gig report.

I also would be interested to know what settings work best for the original L1. I remember there were just a few that most used.

I for the first time heard my T2 through one at a rehearsal with another duo I'm working in. It was at the guitar player/singers home and it sounded absolutedly terrible like I'd never heard.

I remember hearing the settings can make or break it for a keyboard and I'd like to give it a fair chance.

One thing I did do was to go out the L/R Mono jack. I wouldn't think it would make any differance using seperate cords for left and right though would it.

#262761 - 05/07/09 02:36 AM Re: My Bose arrived Today
Pacesetter Offline

MIkey,

Good luck with the Bose, thanks for your report. I played a gig for 150 last week not using the Podiums but a pair of tin cans from Radio Shack, they did a great job covering the room

#262762 - 05/07/09 06:19 AM Re: My Bose arrived Today
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Pacesetter:
MIkey,

Good luck with the Bose, thanks for your report. I played a gig for 150 last week not using the Podiums but a pair of tin cans from Radio Shack, they did a great job covering the room

Tried to get those "hard to get " cans but they were out of stock...Seems 5 Synthzone Members bought the entire US Stock....

Oh well have to wait for the next boat.....
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#262763 - 05/07/09 06:20 AM Re: My Bose arrived Today
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
Interested to hear your post-gig report.

I also would be interested to know what settings work best for the original L1. I remember there were just a few that most used.

I for the first time heard my T2 through one at a rehearsal with another duo I'm working in. It was at the guitar player/singers home and it sounded absolutedly terrible like I'd never heard.

I remember hearing the settings can make or break it for a keyboard and I'd like to give it a fair chance.

One thing I did do was to go out the L/R Mono jack. I wouldn't think it would make any differance using seperate cords for left and right though would it.

m.
LOL....You don't have to give them a "fair" chance....Just pass on the system and stick what works best for you.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#262764 - 05/07/09 07:10 AM Re: My Bose arrived Today
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
OT, somewhat but... a pair of $240 speakers and a $3400 keyboard. Strange bed partners, but if it works, FINE..

#262765 - 05/07/09 09:10 AM Re: My Bose arrived Today
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Back on topic ... Congrats, Mikey, ... enjoy the BOSE ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 05-07-2009).]

#262766 - 05/07/09 09:19 AM Re: My Bose arrived Today
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Mike, I know you will love the Bose!
Fran, I took two 802s to the club this week. I used them for a couple of hours, and they sounded really good.
However, they don't project around the room as the Bose does. In certain situations that could be a good thing, and these speakers are truly amazing, especially for the price.
However, I quickly went back to the Bose system.
I now have the original L1, the new Compact, three 802s, one Logitech Z5500, and two Logitech Z2200s. One of the 2200s in on my computer and the 5500 is in the living room with the HDTV. I still keep one in a bag ready for emergencies.
I'm looking forward to auditioning the Compact this afternoon. Dean and I will use it for two NH shows Monday.
DonM

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online