Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#262881 - 05/08/09 11:31 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pop Style Demo
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Unfortunately, you decided to encode this (probably to save space and loading time) at under 96kbps, a VERY compromised bitrate for a quality playback. Did Frank send it to you as this?

Nope, not me. I didn't touch the files. In fact, I promised Frank (for what it's worth) that I wouldn't mess with the integrity of the samples.

Talk to the source....nicely.

-mike

#262882 - 05/08/09 11:38 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pop Style Demo
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
That's strange, I recorded it in VBR mp3, to try to get the best quality and space

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#262883 - 05/08/09 11:42 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pop Style Demo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
OK.... Here's me being nice

Pretty please, Frank, with nuts on it...

Could you record these audio examples at 196kbps+, PLEASE....

One of those nice new H4n's would be the perfect tool. Hey, If you use the Auto Detect Audio feature, it would even automatically split the file up into individual style examples, so that you don't end up with just ONE big file, too big to send by email (although Yousendit would have no problem)...

We DO appreciate you doing all this, it's great to finally have someone responsive to our requests for unbiased opinion and audio and video examples. The better the audio examples are, the more they will wow your customers, the more likely they will buy one...

Nice enough?

#262884 - 05/08/09 11:47 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pop Style Demo
Diki Offline

Sorry, Frank... missed your last post before I replied. That must be my Quicktime incorrectly reporting the bitrate, then. Is the VBR set to 'Best'? Are you recording as .wav and converting afterwards, or using the Zoom?

Personally, I don't trust hardware VBR encoding. They can vary quite a bit in quality, plus some older MP3 players don't like VBR (not that there are too many left with that problem). So, you are recording off the store's mixer into a Zoom? Cool.

Sorry to have been such a worrywort....

#262885 - 05/08/09 11:48 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pop Style Demo
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0fo8B5poqA

Sinced you asked so nicely no problem, But I did record it in VBR, would you prefer WAV or a higher MP3?

Also thanks everybody for the private emails thanking me, and please I have thick skin, I'm italian, so you can be easy on Diki, I understand where he is coming from, especially when he gives me that $5000 plus tip for the next Audya

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#262886 - 05/08/09 11:59 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pop Style Demo
Diki Offline

No worries, Frank. Where it is is fine, if YOU think it's a pretty good representation of the 'in person' sound of the Audya...

And, if this thing wows me enough, don't worry... you'll be getting a call.

Sadly, I have to say I'm a little underwhelmed so far, but there are still plenty of styles to go. Is the store Audya updated to the latest current OS? I noticed in the read me's that they had done some work to the timing of some of the transitions between sections. If that is the up to date OS, methinks perhaps they have a little more work to do...

#262887 - 05/08/09 12:11 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pop Style Demo
Morten Jonassen Offline

Loc: Danmark
Thanks for this Frank.

The styles sound absolutely amazing

unfortunately your demos makes the waiting even harder, but if everything goes well I should hopefully get my Audya next week.

The screen display looks different, is that OS 2.0 or has it still not been released?

Thanks.

#262888 - 05/08/09 12:16 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pop Style Demo
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hey Frank,

Thanks for making that advanced chord changes video...really interesting stuff there.

Can you set the screen on the Audya to show which midi guitar gets chosen when filling in for the audio loops? It sounds like your basic Clean Guitar (GEM talk...that's all I own). I'm just wondering if you can change THAT guitar to possibly something else that would better match the audio loop guitar. Maybe something not as bright.

-mike

#262889 - 05/08/09 12:20 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pop Style Demo
leezone Offline

why is it that in all styles, the metronome seems to be incorrect?

shouldn't the downbeat be the first light to light up (RED)

on those videos, the downbeat is represented by the second LED (which is green)

#262890 - 05/08/09 12:21 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pop Style Demo
Diki Offline

Another quick question, Frank... are the levels of the Parts at Ketron's default levels? I have to confess, as much as I like drums, some of the ACC Parts are a little buried. I notice you are simply calling up styles, not changing Registrations (or whatever Ketron call them) or Part levels. Do Ketron have these styles already Part tweaked, and would it be possible to hear how THEY voice them?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online