SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#263011 - 05/10/09 10:28 AM just a nice Audya Demo
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
i just think this was a terrific demo of the audya.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u8FZHjuHL0&feature=channel_page

#263012 - 05/10/09 11:29 AM Re: just a nice Audya Demo
rphillipchuk Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
I would'nt complain if I had this board at home righy now......It dos make you wonder why some people are still pickin on it....For the amount of enjoyment, I would get out of it, I think that it would worth the Five Grand or so !!

------------------
createsongstyles.com

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#263013 - 05/10/09 12:51 PM Re: just a nice Audya Demo
Tryggve Offline

Loc: Sweden
It dos make you wonder why some people are still pickin on it.

It is in the human nature to do so.Smaller people..more complains.
//Tryggve

#263014 - 05/10/09 12:54 PM Re: just a nice Audya Demo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sure, it sounds great. So do most TOTL arrangers. Truth is, go home and whack up your drum track to the level that Ketron have theirs, EQ a little 'meat' into the sound, and if the style is well programmed, you can have JUST as much fun with something $1500-2000 less.

Without glitchy timing at Intro/Var boundaries or Fill boundaries, without apparent dropouts on the guitar part depending on the chord you play, and with, IMO, some noticeably better RH voices, depending on if you have a T3 or maybe a PA2.

Nobody is calling the Audya a BAD arranger (at least not me). We merely question whether it is $1500-2000 BETTER than a T3 or PA2. I am not convinced about that point, yet. Put those drums on a T3, yes, maybe it IS worth the extra. But on an arranger that, other than that one feature, doesn't seem to stand head and shoulders ABOVE the rest (and considerably lower at some features) and that price premium seems hard to justify.

Simply put, if the Audya was priced the same as a T3/PA2, we wouldn't be having this argument...

It's all about the benjamins

#263015 - 05/10/09 01:07 PM Re: just a nice Audya Demo
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Tryggve:
Smaller people..more complains.

Where? In Sweden?

Anyway, nice demo.
Would run and buy if get it at same price as i.e. the Danish, but
I cannot see it's worth nearly US$ 8100 who is the offer price here.
Specially when it claimed to be a Beta Test Version!

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#263016 - 05/10/09 01:14 PM Re: just a nice Audya Demo
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Good trombone, the first Organ was very good the second not as good but not bad. The Sax's left something to be desired but not too bad either. The Grand Piano was pretty good but I've heard better on an arranger. The accordion was very good but if you notice on the top end it sounds a little thin.

>> Maybe my being so critical of the Audya might just rile enough people just enough so that they go ahead and get one just to spite me. Which is actually fine and dandy with me because even though I've been critical of the Audya I would really like Ketron to succeed. Really. One of the reasons is because I want Ketron to stay in business because that increases the competition amongst all the other keyboard companies products. So in theory, I could be dissing the Audya so it will cause a "reverse psychology" effect on all our "friends" (yes, even you Donny ) out there in internet land, and they will do just the opposite of what they think I'm hoping they should do, which would be NOT to get the Audya. So, when more people get the Audya than would have been (if I had actually kept my mouth shut) you (and Ketron) can thank me when Audya sales go through the roof. I would take a bow but I'm sitting in my easy chair typing this important post to y'all so it's rather hard to bow right now.

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-10-2009).]

#263017 - 05/10/09 01:29 PM Re: just a nice Audya Demo
Diki Offline

Me, I'm waiting for all the people that are going to buy the Audya just to spite us to get it home, realize we aren't just talking out of our recta , and then sell it in disappointment a few weeks later at a price that I feel the Audya is actually WORTH...

Keep up the good work, Mike

#263018 - 05/10/09 01:35 PM Re: just a nice Audya Demo
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Seriously, Diki made an excellent point in that the Pa2XPRO (76 keys) or the antiquated G70 (again, 76 keys) are "thousands" less and both of there output, especially the Pa2XPRO i.e. because it's more cutting edge/newer, etc. is probably just as good if not superior to the new Audya in "many" ways.

If you desire the latest and or greatest?? then the Audya could indeed be your cup of tea. We (the objectively and highly discretionary few ) are just trying to point out some of the "descrepancies" between the Audya and some of the other players currently on the market. If you happen to be "extremely" wealthy and don't mind playing second fiddle to the Pa2XPRO, etc. then by all means get the Audya. What do we know anyway?

Is my psychology working yet?

All the best,
Mike

#263019 - 05/10/09 01:44 PM Re: just a nice Audya Demo
Diki Offline

I would hardly call the 4 1/2 year old G70 'antiquated'. It's the same age as a T2

Let us not also forget that the genuinely antiquated G1000 is STILL considerably more advanced than even the Audya at certain things. After the failure of the Ketron 'Riff Mode' to become a 'must have' feature, surely it occurred to them that the Roland Chord Sequencer was a FAR more effective tool for doing the same thing in a far more flexible way?

#263020 - 05/10/09 01:59 PM Re: just a nice Audya Demo
Diki Offline

Oh, and I don't yet claim that the Audya would play 'second fiddle' to any other arranger... But I don't think, at it's price, that it has earned 'first chair soloist/concertmaster' either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online