Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#262871 - 05/08/09 07:56 AM Ketron Audya Pop Style Demo
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA

#262872 - 05/08/09 10:19 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pop Style Demo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
C'mon, Frank... I am SURE you know how to play a dim/aug/sus...

These basic chord examples don't answer any questions about the transition between audio guitar and MIDI guitar. Over ten minutes of II-V and II-I progressions and you can't slip a sus or dim in there even ONCE?

BTW, am I the only one noticing some small timing glitches at Intro/Variation boundaries, every now and again?

#262873 - 05/08/09 10:29 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pop Style Demo
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
ouch, just trying to give some simple samples, I'll how would you like it?

any particular style you want it done with?

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#262874 - 05/08/09 10:46 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pop Style Demo
Diki Offline

All with the audio guitar, Frank. In the middle of one of those IIm or V7 chords, raise it to a sus for a bar or two, or maybe try a I, Iaug, IV, Vsus, V7 progression.

These will at least demonstrate how well the MIDI and audio integrate. Any style (all the styles!) will be fine, as long as it has an audio guitar track....

Do YOU hear those glitches at In/Var and fill/Var boundaries occasionally, too?

I'd also be interested in hearing how well the Audya tracks a faster chord input (especially one perhaps not PERFECT in timing input). Maybe just a simple C, Dm, Em, F at a quarter note or eighth note speed (think 'Lean on Me' by Bill Withers) to see what happens to the audio chords when the trigger chord is fractionally late (as we ALL do from time to time!).

Thanks, Frank...

#262875 - 05/08/09 11:01 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pop Style Demo
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
The Youtube demos of new arrangers are great to have since some of us reside in places where such stores are scant and live demos are difficult to experience. However, I agree with others that the available demos should include various levels of player skills. For one, I wish the manufactureres would offer more examples of pro-type players showing what these boards can really do. So much of what I hear is groove type styles where one or two chords are the norm. How about some standard tunes with slick jazz or big band stylings, such as Frank Mantooth arrangments or Dick Hyman? I'd like to hear chromatic bass lines, 4 chords per measure, and other idicators of a truly professional band---at least as much as a single arranger can provide. These are not complaints, just wishes. I love the S900. Can't wait for the next upgrade.

#262876 - 05/08/09 11:09 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pop Style Demo
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hey guys and gals,

Frank asked if I would post some of the mp3 versions of what he's recording on the Audya.

Here is the first one...Pop Styles.

Click Here...

-mike

#262877 - 05/08/09 11:13 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pop Style Demo
Diki Offline

Thanks, Mike.

#262878 - 05/08/09 11:22 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pop Style Demo
Diki Offline

OK, Mike, I downloaded and listened to the MP3, and looked up it's properties.

Unfortunately, you decided to encode this (probably to save space and loading time) at under 96kbps, a VERY compromised bitrate for a quality playback. Did Frank send it to you as this?

Personally, for an MP3 to have a close to .wav fidelity, it needs to be at least 196kbps encoding, and preferably 256kbps+. Even the crappy mp3's you get on the internet tend to be at least 128kbps.

I know this sounds kind of picky, but the whole POINT of an audio only demo is to have fidelity much greater than what the camcorder is already achieving, isn't it?

#262879 - 05/08/09 11:26 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pop Style Demo
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by J. Larry:
The Youtube demos of new arrangers are great to have since some of us reside in places where such stores are scant and live demos are difficult to experience.

I am afraid, with Ketron's scant dealership network, that is virtually EVERYBODY, not just 'some of us'...

#262880 - 05/08/09 11:28 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pop Style Demo
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
You're welcome!

Plus, Frank just sent me the mp3 for Advanced Chords so keep checking the link above from time to time. I'll post 'em as I get 'em.

-mike

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online