SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#261172 - 04/08/09 09:37 AM Re: Prayers/Good thoughts needed...
genesis12 Offline

Loc: Park Ridge, Illinois, USA
Bill,
Our prayers go out on behalf of you and your family.
Gene

#261173 - 04/08/09 10:39 AM Re: Prayers/Good thoughts needed...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Best wishes, Bill.

Ian

#261174 - 04/08/09 11:43 AM Re: Prayers/Good thoughts needed...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
My best wishes for a speedy recovery. Thank goodness for the technology available today. She'll be better than ever in no time!

R.

#261175 - 04/08/09 12:04 PM Re: Prayers/Good thoughts needed...
Mockie Offline

Loc: Dublin Ireland
Hello Bill,
So sorry to hear about your wife's condition. Be strong, everything will go alright.Had a valve replacement myself 2 years ago,I'm fine now. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Frank

#261176 - 04/08/09 12:04 PM Re: Prayers/Good thoughts needed...
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Wish for a speedy recovery, Bill.

#261177 - 04/08/09 12:07 PM Re: Prayers/Good thoughts needed...
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Good news - all is well. Bill and Patty will post on the SZ tonight.

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow.

#261178 - 04/08/09 12:15 PM Re: Prayers/Good thoughts needed...
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
hey bill,
sorry to hear about your wife. for what its worth i just had a quad last month, todays procedures are amazing. we were thinking maybe another stent(i have 3) but when i saw the doctors face i knew we were looking at surgery. so on feb 26 the surgery was done in about 2 hrs. i wake up a couple of days later and everything is text book perfect as far as recovery. today i saw the surgeon , he is happy with my recovery. i'm back to swimming, walking, driving. i know its scary, but these heart people are good at what they do. i had very little pain in my recovery . i had morphine
in icu for a couple of days (don't remember to much) then stepped down to darvocet half tablets. i had much more pain from my prostate cancer than this bypass. so stay close to your wife and hold her hand thru this my prayers and thought are with both of you. and maybe someday we be able to meet and exchange (what i call) war stories about our recovery.
god bless
dave

#261179 - 04/08/09 06:40 PM Re: Prayers/Good thoughts needed...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
***UPDATE***

Procedure (heart cath) done today at 12:30pm...

No stents...

No bypass...

No nothing...

Surgeon spoke to me after the procedure and explained that her Left chamber had a 30% blockage and that, frankly, most adults our age have 30% or worse. There was nothing to justify a stent and certainly any bypass considerations were quickly and summarily dismissed.

He said he had no explanation for why her pictures from the stress echo test looked like a 65 years old womans heart. Perhaps a spasm of some kind. He added that there's been an increase in "false positives" with middle aged women over the last 3-4 years, and no one is sure why.

He felt the procedure was still warranted given the facts with Patty. (Overwieght, smoker for 25 years, Mom had CHF, and there's stress in the house...)

He said given those risk factors and her imagery from Monday, they would've been laughed out of town if they HADN'T brought her in quickly for a looksee.

He'll repeat a stress test within the year, but probably opt for a nuclear stress test...

Patty was awake through the whole thing and was blown away by the minimal discomfort during the procedure. Pat is a long term RN, who's closing in on her Masters in Nursing and doesn't get impressed easily. She was blown away...

She's to take it easy for 48 hours then she can whatever she feels like. She can push the exersize as hard as she wants...and if she can't handle it, well...her ticker ain't to blame, lol...

Patty wants to thank everyone personally very soon so look for her posting.

I would like to express my heartfelt appreciation to everyone who sent their best wishes. I would also like to especially thank Cass and Gary, both of whom spoke with Patty before her procedure and gave her a great deal of information and peace of mind heading into it. Those two guys are top notch humans...

Finally, I'd like boldly suggest that this might be an "argument proof" thread!!!

Thanks, friends...God bless all of you...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 04-08-2009).]

#261180 - 04/08/09 06:54 PM Re: Prayers/Good thoughts needed...
zuki Offline

Great news Bill. Now feel free to make some music

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#261181 - 04/09/09 02:54 AM Re: Prayers/Good thoughts needed...
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Bill

Saw this kind of belated, but am happy to hear your good news.

Scott

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online