SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#260492 - 03/26/09 03:37 PM OT: Cataract Surgery
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I am typing this with one eye - just got back from cataract surgery. They were able to do the crystalens replacement which is good. Not a big deal at all - didn't take but about 15 minutes after they took me into the operating room. Didn't even have to get undressed. On April 16th they will do my other eye. With any luck at all I will not have to wear eye glasses anymore. Wore glasses since before i was 10 years old.

I have a gig tomorrow evening and to get ready for it I put together a gig disk of about 40 songs that are really easy to see on my computer. Tested it out about an hour ago and it will work just fine. Really interesting what you can do when you have to. Also interesting how easy it is to get around my computer just by remembering where things are located on various screens.

I have a big patch over my eye - should get lots of questions tomorrow evening. They put a clear lens in one side of my glasses so I can use them with the eye that has not be fixed.
Later,
Hammer

#260493 - 03/26/09 06:04 PM Re: OT: Cataract Surgery
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Hammer .. good prior planning ...
Get well quickly ...
t.

#260494 - 03/26/09 08:59 PM Re: OT: Cataract Surgery
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Deane,
You'll love the results! My mother had that done after 60 years of glasses, contacts, etc.
Her vision was perfect afterwards.
Isn't it great they have developed all these wonderful procedure that our ancestors couldn't have even dreamed about.
DonM

#260495 - 03/30/09 03:48 PM Re: OT: Cataract Surgery
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Deane My Dad had two remove 12 or so years ago. We were on top of "Dead Horse Point" in Utah. My brother-in-law, myself, and my dad could see this person on a bike far below. My Mother and Sister could not see him after watching for a long time. To me catarac sugery is amazing.

#260496 - 03/31/09 08:07 AM Re: OT: Cataract Surgery
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Deane, by now, I'm sure you're better, and better off for having the proceedure. I have had friends who have said that their vision didn't completely clear up for two weeks, but after the healing, it was GREAT!

Good to talk to you a week or two ago!

Russ

#260497 - 04/03/09 10:44 AM Re: OT: Cataract Surgery
hammer Offline

Well, into my 2nd week since the surgery and all seems to be going well. Each day I can tell a difference in my vision. Docs tell me it will take about 2 weeks to get to the best vision from the new eye. I can see now why they won't do both eyes at one time - heck you would have to have someone lead you around all day for a week or so.

Can't wait to get the next eye done - April 16th I believe.

Hammer

#260498 - 04/09/09 08:57 PM Re: OT: Cataract Surgery
hammer Offline

Well, as a follow up to my cataract surgury post I thought some of you folks would be interested in how much the the bill will be for it.

Today I got a look at the insurance billing and for just one eye the docs charged the insurance company $10,265.00 plus the cost of the lens which was $3,200.00 up front. No wonder our health insurance costs so much. All in all it looks like if you walked and paid cash - both eyes would cost a cool $26,930.00!!! Wow.

Next eye gets done on Thursday.

Hammer

#260499 - 04/09/09 10:08 PM Re: OT: Cataract Surgery
zuki Offline

Hammer,

Glad to hear you have an eye on things Also nice to know you (and I) have insurance. I imagine my cortisone injection was also costly this morning.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online