abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#261046 - 04/04/09 07:10 AM Re: Tyros 3 Voice Pack
Dnj Offline

no volume?

#261047 - 04/04/09 07:21 AM Re: Tyros 3 Voice Pack
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
$200 per voice pack with three voice packs coming and more down the road. Realistically one can spend $600 or more for Yamaha sounds that won't be comparable to a high quality VST and with little control over those voices. At least when I purchased various sound packs for my Wersi I actually got new synthesis methods and extensive real time controls of those features. I sure hope Yamaha implements these packs much better than the sound expansion boards they had available for the 9000 Pro and Motif. Those were abysmal.

#261048 - 04/04/09 07:43 AM Re: Tyros 3 Voice Pack
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Great news, Bill...I'll be looking forward to getting these packs for my Tyros3.

Did he say what the third pack was, or did I miss something?

I only heard him say Choir/Vocal and Organ packs.

#261049 - 04/04/09 09:04 AM Re: Tyros 3 Voice Pack
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Sounds very interesting indeed. Notice that Martin Harris said included with the Voice Expansion Pack(s) there will also be Registrations, OTS, and Multipads too. So for $200 for each Pack (not sure if that's MSRP or Street price) you'll get a multitude of PremiumVoices plus the others things mentioned apparently.

Depending on how good the overall quality of each Pack is, will needless to say, be the determining factor to their success. I can't see people just throwing their money away on a mediocre product with mediocre content. On the other hand, there will always be your dyed in the wool staunch Yamaha loyalists who would not only pay any price "regardless of content", but would also lay down their very lives for the big "Y" in the sky and would go down with the Ship if it were to somehow sink. Now that's devotion, eh? But if I owned a Tyros3 (which I don't because Yamaha forgot to attach 15 extra keys to it ) you can rest assured I wouldn't plunk down a handsome sum on 'anything' unless the product and content were worth it. Hopefully the Voice Expansion Packs will be worth it though. I like to see happy and satisfied Tyros3 customers just like the next guy. If the T3 had 15 extra keys Yamaha could have added one more to the list too i.e. ME! >> Nevertheless, I would have done everything in my power to try and fix those underwhelming Drum kits though. LOL..

All the best,
Mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online