SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#260837 - 04/01/09 09:50 AM Mackie Products
firehead Offline

Loc: thornwood, n.y. , usa
Just thought I pass this along. Don't buy a Mackie product unless your within a repair shop distance. I bought the SRM-150 powered monitor in Sept. 08. On Feb 16, Presidents Day, I had a rehearsal and the monitor didn't work. It was a holiday and I took it to a local repair shop that day and had it back on Tuesday for a gig on Wednesday night. This was not covered under the warranty because the repair shop was not an authorized dealer. I argued with the Mackie Service and they still will not pay me back for the cracked speaker. The nearest repair shop was in the next state or 2 1/2 hours away. There was no guarantee I would have it for my next gig. Anyway, I sent the bill of sale, bill of repair ($80.00) and the cracked speaker to the CEO of mackie on 2/24 and still haven't heard anything. I guess Mackie is desparate for $80.00 and if you live on the other side of the state where the repair dealer is, your at the mercy of a long wait. I will never buy a Mackie product again, because they don't stand behind their product.

#260838 - 04/01/09 12:46 PM Re: Mackie Products
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
Sorry to hear about the problem that you had, but on the other hand you should have followed the procedure for a warranty claim! Under the circumstances described in your post, you will be dissatisfied with ANY other manufacturer!

#260839 - 04/01/09 01:18 PM Re: Mackie Products
firehead Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by hitman:
Sorry to hear about the problem that you had, but on the other hand you should have followed the procedure for a warranty claim! Under the circumstances described in your post, you will be dissatisfied with ANY other manufacturer!

It was a holiday and I panicked thinking I need the monitor in two days. Also being as it was a holiday, I thought they were closed

#260840 - 04/01/09 03:46 PM Re: Mackie Products
Dnj Offline

Fire head is this your main amplifier or just a monitor you use with your other gear? Did the repair shop have the excact Mackie replacement speaker to install?

#260841 - 04/01/09 06:59 PM Re: Mackie Products
zuki Offline

Podium

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#260842 - 04/01/09 07:20 PM Re: Mackie Products
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Who have no dealers AT ALL to get a quick replacement for you, or authorized service centers. Anything goes wrong, you have to ship it back to them... and let's just say that they haven't turned out to be bulletproof for a few people.

But hitman is correct. Panicking and not using an authorized service center is hardly Mackie's fault... The unit (I have two of them) comes with detailed manual and instructions for repair and warranty procedures. If you can't be bothered to read them, is Mackie supposed to reimburse you for your own mistake?

#260843 - 04/02/09 09:47 AM Re: Mackie Products
firehead Offline

I use this just as a monitor with other gear. I guess you guys are right about the warranty. The repair shop replaced it with a speaker with a little upgrade better than the mackie. I just feel that if I followed their procedures, I would have saved $80.00 but would be without a monitor for quite a few gigs being as I'm booked 4 nights a week. To me it was more principle than money.

#260844 - 04/03/09 09:19 AM Re: Mackie Products
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Here's what you can do when you buy Mackie or any other musical product for that matter and you'll save yourself some heartache if you get in another bind.

What you say? Well, buy from Guitar Center and get their extended warranty protection plan and get piece of mind in the process. It will take warranty issues OUT of the hand of Mackie, etc., and put it IN the hands of Guitar Center proper. That way if you're faced with a similar situation return it to Guitar Center and they will either replace it on the spot or give you a temporary replacement whilst yours is being repaired. No hassles, and no fees out of your pocket. You pay a little extra for the extended warranty protection plan but it seems to me it would be well worth it, especially for a gigging musician like yourself.

Here is the location of the Guitar Center in New York City at:

25 West 14th Street
New York, NY 10011
(212) 463-7500

The other Guitar Center locations that are in the State of New York are in Albany, Brooklyn, Buffalo, Carle Place, Commack, Johnson City, Larchmont, Queens, Rochester, and Syracuse.

Seems there must be at least one close by to you.

All the best,
Mike

#260845 - 04/04/09 08:14 AM Re: Mackie Products
firehead Offline

Thanks for your suggestions with the extended warranty

#260846 - 04/04/09 09:20 AM Re: Mackie Products
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
You're sure welcome Larry. My pleasure.

All the best,
Mike