SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#260862 - 04/02/09 12:13 PM Re: Ketron @ Musikmesse Showing off Speakers / P.A. NO JOKE !!!
Dazzast Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I,m curious to know if ketron have inherited some staff from generalmusic as they did a very good range of lem speakers, i wonder if they have took some of the staff and technology.

Any ideas

#260863 - 04/02/09 01:28 PM Re: Ketron @ Musikmesse Showing off Speakers / P.A. NO JOKE !!!
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Remember Solton?
Solton PA/Speakers is not a new thing, and as we know, Solton by Ketron was the
brand-name before it was only Ketron left to read.
GJ

I remember I had a keyboard speaker with built in amp/mixer made by solton, which was ketron and it sounded good. I have total faith in whatever ketron puts out. I never had any major problem with their products and I've been using them for over 15 years.

#260864 - 04/02/09 03:15 PM Re: Ketron @ Musikmesse Showing off Speakers / P.A. NO JOKE !!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I never heard a built-in speaker in an arranger that was anything more than rubbish. Compared to even those Podium's, they are all boxy, nasty gutless wonders as far from flat as is possible to get...

JMO...

#260865 - 04/02/09 05:23 PM Re: Ketron @ Musikmesse Showing off Speakers / P.A. NO JOKE !!!
mc Offline

I was refering to those keyboard amps like the one roland makes. Solton/Ketron made speakers like that along with other typs of speakers and they had a great sound to them.

#260866 - 04/02/09 06:08 PM Re: Ketron @ Musikmesse Showing off Speakers / P.A. NO JOKE !!!
Diki Offline

Sorry, but likewise for the keyboard amps... (OK, not gutless, but still anything but flat).

About the only way to hear your arranger without coloring the sound unacceptably are either studio monitors or a GOOD home hi-fi system for home use, and good quality (which doesn't NECESSARILY mean expensive!) PA speakers - powered or unpowered is fine.

Basically, if you hear a noticeable difference in response between a good stereo system or studio monitors, and whatever you are currently playing through, you aren't hearing your arranger in all it's glory... and neither is your audience.

#260867 - 04/03/09 09:23 AM Re: Ketron @ Musikmesse Showing off Speakers / P.A. NO JOKE !!!
leezone Offline

more info on speakers at www.ketron.it

#260868 - 04/03/09 09:56 AM Re: Ketron @ Musikmesse Showing off Speakers / P.A. NO JOKE !!!
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Any pictures of this new Ketron PA system?

http://www.ketron.it/musikmesse2009/Picture/casse.jpg

Jerry

#260869 - 04/03/09 05:05 PM Re: Ketron @ Musikmesse Showing off Speakers / P.A. NO JOKE !!!
mc Offline

They have a nice looking set of speakers, clean lines, looks very professional. I wonder what the specs are. Hopefully they will also hit the states so I can give them a whirl.

#260870 - 04/03/09 05:31 PM Re: Ketron @ Musikmesse Showing off Speakers / P.A. NO JOKE !!!
Diki Offline

Given Ketron's price premium when it comes to arrangers, I wouldn't expect them to be very competitive price-wise here in the US... not to mention an almost non-existent dealership network.

But if the thought of matching PA and keyboard logos gets your aesthetic juices flowing, and price is unimportant, I can see them being just the ticket...

#260871 - 04/03/09 05:38 PM Re: Ketron @ Musikmesse Showing off Speakers / P.A. NO JOKE !!!
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
I just wonder who Ketron contracted to make the speakers! RCF, or even better, PODIUM?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online