SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#259975 - 03/23/09 01:24 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Considering the present economic climate, I think Yamaha and Korg will be concentrating on developing/improving their own TOTL arranger technology, rather than try to adapt/adopt Ketron's half hearted attempt at audio tracks in styles in their own products.

Listening to the Korg demos posted recently on another thread, and also hearing Yamaha's mega voiced styles on my own instruments, I'd say that they both have it pretty well covered as far as style realism is concerned....and they read all the chords without any issues.

Roland has had nothing new on offer in quite some time in their arrangers, so maybe they might benefit from a collaboration with Ketron/Audya, and come up with an excellent TOTL instrument that can finally compete with Korg and Yamaha.

Roland makes arrangers in Italy so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch, and they certainly have a great R&D department that just may be able to make use of Ketron's technology.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 03-23-2009).]

#259976 - 03/23/09 02:06 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
Dnj Offline

Ketron is going no where or merging with anyoone....please throw away all your crystal balls....

#259977 - 03/23/09 02:55 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Ketron is going no where or merging with anyoone....please throw away all your crystal balls....

What makes you say that, Donny?

Do you feel they are on the way out?

#259978 - 03/23/09 03:37 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Maybe Korg will buy out Ketron?? Korg makes their arrangers in Italy so naturally buying Ketron keeps everything in the "family". Not the Mafia of course but both are familiar with the in's and out's of working with Italianos in Italy. Both of them also have similar technologies when it comes to their arranger line and Ketron could further add to the Pa line with their recent audio style and drum enhancement breakthrough. Let's face it folks. Ketron is a lackluster establishment at best. Lack of support, lack of marketing, lack of overall sales, lack of product recognition, and sheer lack of excitement because the Audya's price point wipes away any smile on a person's face that the technology otherwise brings to the table.

Now don't get me wrong either. If it was "really" worth 5 + Grand (justified fully by consensus of the majority) then more power to them and I'm sure they would have sold many more Audya's than they ultimately will. But since the question remains dubious at best (justified fully by consensus of the majority ) the Audya, in my opinion, will be destined to go down in flames and remembered only as the keyboard that took 3 years after the initial announcement to finally get it to market - in Europe. But with the economy in shambles and with people hoarding and saving money like it's going out of style (and indeed it may be ) = 5 + smackaroo's just doesn't sit very well in folks minds.

How could Ketron turn that seemingly dire prognostication around? How about: "excellent" support, "excellent" marketing, "excellent" sales potential by providing a "competitive" price point with other high-end arrangers currently on the market, and an "excellent" advertising scheme (by word of mouth and all other available means) to get their product(s) recognized world over. In other words, exactly opposite of what they seem to be doing right now.

Korg + Ketron melded into one entity. I can see it. They both start with the letter "K" too, so it would be easier for people to remember Ketron once they've melded into part of Korg Inc.

I would ultimately like for Ketron to stay a separate business entity because it would be providing competition to the other keyboard manufacturers and the more competition there is the better it is for consumers. But since I perceive them as struggling and trying to play catch-up; and then with them, in my humble opinion, "bombing" with their latest attempt to try and do so, it's probably best that they combine with another "major" and mainstay company like Korg. It would help Ketron in that their financial worries would be over and Ketron employees would bring a lot to the table for Korg's arranger division. A win win situation if there ever was one..

All the best,
Mike

Buddy, Where do you come up with this stuff. Nope last I heard, AIG has them covered, no worries, there not going anywhere.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 03-23-2009).]

#259979 - 03/23/09 03:55 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:

What makes you say that, Donny?

Do you feel they are on the way out?

No Ian, not at all Ian....it's just the ignorant rantings of the uninformed, unknowledgable fortune tellers that spew rumors with no validation that makes this laughable. For pet's sake it's only an arranger KB. No matter what ever comes out will not change anyone's playing ability with out putting the time into practice and become more proficient as a player. Much to much emphasis on whats new, whats best, etc, etc etc ....Ahhhhhhhh what's the use?

#259980 - 03/24/09 09:56 AM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, Donny, having run with those bulls for so long (and you seem to be rejoining the Arranger Of The Month Club again ), it's tough to complain about the smell of OTHER peoples' 'bullsh#t' without causing a laugh or two...

Let's face it, if playing and practicing were all one needs to do, why do YOU go through so many arrangers, also? And then turn round and berate them for doing exactly the same thing...

You've got to admire the arrogance of a man that thinks he's the ONLY one practicing away while he tries out arranger after arranger...

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online