SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#259965 - 03/18/09 03:27 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Ian, looking for a stereo mini plug to come out of the keyboard. Concerned about the reproduction of the satereo signal into just one of these magnificant "monsters".

R.

Russ,

I never use my Yamaha digital piano in mono...I don't feel it does the sound any justice...perhaps someone else can suggest a solution.

Ian

#259966 - 03/18/09 10:57 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I would hardly have called the SD-5 a 'trickle-down' from the Audya. From the SD-1, sure...

#259967 - 03/19/09 11:56 AM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Ian, I was KIDDING! Just making fun at my purchase of the little roll-up keyboard.

In this case, the stereo debate is just silly!

Regards,

Russ

#259968 - 03/19/09 12:03 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Ian, I was KIDDING! Just making fun at my purchase of the little roll-up keyboard.

In this case, the stereo debate is just silly!

Regards,

Russ

Sorry Russ...I thought you were referring to your Yamaha NP30...my mistake.

Ian the Abashed

#259969 - 03/22/09 09:19 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
Dnj Offline

Has the Audya hype finally died out...havent read anything lately?

#259970 - 03/22/09 09:22 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
leezone Offline

ye, i think it's officially dead.

hard to get excited about a product that is not available, and a product where no NEW Demos are showcased...

we have seen all there is to see, in my opinion

#259971 - 03/23/09 12:40 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Maybe Korg will buy out Ketron?? Korg makes their arrangers in Italy so naturally buying Ketron keeps everything in the "family". Not the Mafia of course but both are familiar with the in's and out's of working with Italianos in Italy. Both of them also have similar technologies when it comes to their arranger line and Ketron could further add to the Pa line with their recent audio style and drum enhancement breakthrough. Let's face it folks. Ketron is a lackluster establishment at best. Lack of support, lack of marketing, lack of overall sales, lack of product recognition, and sheer lack of excitement because the Audya's price point wipes away any smile on a person's face that the technology otherwise brings to the table.

Now don't get me wrong either. If it was "really" worth 5 + Grand (justified fully by consensus of the majority) then more power to them and I'm sure they would have sold many more Audya's than they ultimately will. But since the question remains dubious at best (justified fully by consensus of the majority ) the Audya, in my opinion, will be destined to go down in flames and remembered only as the keyboard that took 3 years after the initial announcement to finally get it to market - in Europe. But with the economy in shambles and with people hoarding and saving money like it's going out of style (and indeed it may be ) = 5 + smackaroo's just doesn't sit very well in folks minds.

How could Ketron turn that seemingly dire prognostication around? How about: "excellent" support, "excellent" marketing, "excellent" sales potential by providing a "competitive" price point with other high-end arrangers currently on the market, and an "excellent" advertising scheme (by word of mouth and all other available means) to get their product(s) recognized world over. In other words, exactly opposite of what they seem to be doing right now.

Korg + Ketron melded into one entity. I can see it. They both start with the letter "K" too, so it would be easier for people to remember Ketron once they've melded into part of Korg Inc.

I would ultimately like for Ketron to stay a separate business entity because it would be providing competition to the other keyboard manufacturers and the more competition there is the better it is for consumers. But since I perceive them as struggling and trying to play catch-up; and then with them, in my humble opinion, "bombing" with their latest attempt to try and do so, it's probably best that they combine with another "major" and mainstay company like Korg. It would help Ketron in that their financial worries would be over and Ketron employees would bring a lot to the table for Korg's arranger division. A win win situation if there ever was one..

All the best,
Mike

#259972 - 03/23/09 12:48 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
Dnj Offline

The next line of Yamaha arrangers will trump all else on the market..

#259973 - 03/23/09 01:02 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
leezone Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
The next line of Yamaha arrangers will trump all else on the market..

who knows taht for sure?

T3 is pretty new, so it may be a LONG time b4 we see something new and innovative to compete with AUDYA & Korg's....

#259974 - 03/23/09 01:06 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
leezone Offline

Mike,

a MUCH better merge would be Ketron/Yamaha

Ketron Drums, Audio Bass/Guitar & Styles, + Yamaha Sound Engine... Dream come true...

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online