SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#259955 - 03/18/09 11:04 AM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The hope is that Ketron make enough 'toys' to support their TOTL arrangers. Been a while since any new MOTL or BOTL Ketron's, and they have bet the farm on the über-expensive Audya, during a global recession.

Yamaha probably makes enough from low end PSR's that if the T3 sales slow down, they won't stop making them. But Ketron don't seem to have that kind of market strategy.

They need an Audya 'trickle-down' product PRONTO...

#259956 - 03/18/09 11:05 AM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I will bet $100. that the Audya is less than $5,000.
Anybody wanta bet? Or do you just want to keep talking about something that hasn't yet been priced in the U.S.
DonM

#259957 - 03/18/09 11:08 AM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
leezone Offline

Diki,

could this be the trickle-down product you're referring to?
http://www.gwoltal.myfastmail.com/files/Piano%20Toy

i can't tell if it's a Roland, Korg, Ketron or Yamaha

#259958 - 03/18/09 11:09 AM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
leezone Offline

and it's got the built in speakers everybody loves so much...

#259959 - 03/18/09 11:20 AM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
They need an Audya 'trickle-down' product PRONTO...

Why? they already have the SD5

#259960 - 03/18/09 11:23 AM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Got one of the little roll ups yesterday, as a matter of fact.

Cute, useless little toy.

Russ

#259961 - 03/18/09 11:25 AM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
leezone Offline

Russ,

do you use the keyboard with your Podiums for that extra "punch"?

#259962 - 03/18/09 11:41 AM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
ccantanapoli Offline

Loc: South Carolina, USA
OK. I played almost all of them arrangers since the Roland E series, Korg S1, Yamaha PS8000 and Solton (Ketron) MS100. I use arrangers for my solo gigs, in the studio to produce CDs, and in 2 differnet groups (wedding/dance/folk) both using 2 musicians using arranger keyboards, live drums, live gtr at minimum.

I would suggest the following marketing strategy for Ketron:
Market the Audya as your flagship at competition price; although you have to recuper R&D expenses, work on quantity so you can gain market share in the arranger and synth areas. That will put your name out there in the real musicians and DJs community. Brand recognition can only successful if users do use the product; cannot be virtual.
Market a lighter USABLE keyboard to address the needs of the musicians that do not want the added weight and feature. That means 63 keys, with speakers (pointing out to the public) or no speakers. Leave the MP3 player - NO built in MidiJay, No live guitar or bass styles. One or two USB and a decent harmonizer that can be output to a jack. Price that around 1800 and watch you name go out there with the big ones. Here in the States we mostly are acclimed to local big name performers. You would need to put some of those keys in their hands...and you will be gold...

#259963 - 03/18/09 12:51 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
hbinfo2001 Offline

Loc: Quebec Canada
Hi,With all your reply on this topic,I would to tell you that since 35 years I play many keyboards brands Before I bought the Ketron SD5 ,I had a Technics KN7000 and I tought it was the last one for me because this keyboard was the best for my needs.When they said it will close the cie I sold it because of the parts will not be available in case of a major repair. I remember the first phrase that my dealer told me when I bought the Technics keyboard.(dealer:I know that you are a Roland fanatic but give you 6 months with the Technics and after you will love your new keyboard).So that was a good statement from my dealer.Before the Technics it was Solton and Roland.I came back with Ketron SD5 and it took me one year to learn this keyboard.I was patient because of what my dealer told me when I bought the KN7000.After came the Tyros3 So I sold my SD5 and bought the Tyros3 wonderfull keyboard But after 6 months I was lonesome of the SD5.So I whent back to my dealer and bought the SD5 new version 1.0B Now I am in Paradise with these 2 keyboards.With the Tyros3 I found my KN7000 and with the Tyros3 you have all the possibility to download many styles ,sounds ect.and the explotation system is very fast.But if you whant to speak about the Ketron ,now your talking with a real professionnal keyboard.The sounds are real,drums kit wave,a keyboard that is very solid.But whats wrong with Ketron is the upgrades that we all need.They dont ear us because they are busy to finalize the Audya,and at this date it is not finalize.I am telling you that the Audya will be the Bomb of all keyboards.I know people in Europe that bought the Audya and the next day they return to the dealer.People buy keyboard and they dont give time to learn it.Remember my dealer phrase.
So dont worry be happy.
P/S Roland ,the top line will phase out like Technics.

#259964 - 03/18/09 02:04 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Ian, looking for a stereo mini plug to come out of the keyboard. Concerned about the reproduction of the satereo signal into just one of these magnificant "monsters".

R.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online