SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#259925 - 03/17/09 12:44 PM AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
leezone Offline

the FACT that there were only 20 people there at this IN clinic, and about 12 at "ours" in NY back in Februrary has me a bit worried...

if this keyboard is SO "revolutionary" why not more people?

i mean NY/NJ metropolitan area bringing in about a dozen?

is there that little interest?
a dozen in every major state? and why?
lack of presence at NAMM?
lack of publicity?

and nothing against old folks, but where is the younger generation?
they do play Arrangers, as can be seen in other countries (Portugal, Spain, Italy)...

but what's up here in USA?
Why can't Ketron compete?
Ketron is almost non-existent when compared to BIG 3, but they seem to have the BEAST of all arrangers, right?
Is it price?
Lack of creativity on their RH sounds?
"Bread and Butter" Sounds do get stale after a while

I think Ketron should really consider catering to the "younger" generation with cutting edge dance styles, analog sounds, styles, 808 kits, 909.

I don't think there are enough "folk" musicians, to keep this company afloat for too much longer, at least not in todays economy

I also think Ketron should be careful as to how they price this AUDYA, at least HERE in the USA.

It's just sad that many of my buddies (musicians) say "WHO?" , when i mention the company "Ketron"...

Something is not right...maybe it's just me...but....

just my $0.02

anyone care to put in their $0.02 ?

#259926 - 03/17/09 12:50 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I agree completely, I use my arrangers in a wedding type gig where I need to play allot of dance, techno, latin stuff.

I also do allot of work with singers who want to record and the newer fresher styles are what's wanted.

I know that the arranger market here in the US is considered a
1) stay at home player or
2) nursing home, entertainment

While there is nothing wrong with that, there is nothing that suggest younger crowds to get into the arrangers,

every wedding or dance I play people are amazed and what I'm doing with just a keyboard.

The guy running the group we play with, insist on having a person behind drums because he doesn't think the people can understand or comprehend the idea

#259927 - 03/17/09 01:48 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
Dnj Offline

$5000.00 price tag

#259928 - 03/17/09 01:51 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
leezone Offline

$1,000.01 TOO MUCH in my opinion

#259929 - 03/17/09 01:54 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
leezone Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
$5000.00 price tag

Dnj,

but that's with the "upgraded" US model with 1GB Ram & the 1TB HD right?

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 03-17-2009).]

#259930 - 03/17/09 04:38 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
I think Ketron will soon be out of business. I have no confidence in the company. All the misinformation, lack of good demos and delays, is too much to bare. I no longer believe in Ketron instruments. I'm sure Ted must be frustrated with Ketron as well. To little to late and for too much money.......

Diki has put it all too well in his many posts on this forum.

#259931 - 03/17/09 04:54 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
The guy running the group we play with, insist on having a person behind drums because he doesn't think the people can understand or comprehend the idea

That guy is right. If you HAVE the real deal, use it. Arranger-drums are a nice substitute. No more, no less. You can not replace the interaction of a real drummer with the rest of the band, ever.

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl
Happy owner of a Roland E-80 V2

#259932 - 03/17/09 04:56 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Audya sells here in the Netherlands for € 4390, by the way.

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl
Happy owner of a Roland E-80 V2

#259933 - 03/17/09 06:53 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Ketron has maintained the same share in the market place for more than 20 years that I have known the company and it's products...

I think they are stable, even in this economy...

Their product features have always been solid, maybe a little less flashy than the "BIG THREE"...but I would not worry about Ketron folding tent any day soon..

Oh and yes, even at $5,000 they will have buyers waiting for the new model....

I think people would be surprised to see...there are buyers that are not price oriented, and compromise, ...and purchase the many low quality keyboards , most SZoners use...

#259934 - 03/17/09 09:49 PM Re: AUDYA clinic attendance and INTEREST in AUDYA...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Y9u can conjecture all you want about the price. We won't know it until they arrive, and the price Ketron US has to pay for them after the exchange rate is figured in.
DonM

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online