Page 52 of 53 < 1 2 50 51 52 53 >
Topic Options
#257680 - 03/16/09 08:11 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by hitman:
Hey, Hey,

don't insult the Yugo! It was a fine automobile, made in the country where I am from! OK!

Lol, wouldn't suprise me if the 450's are made at the same factory with the podium's.

It's not about which hands assemble them. Its about who designed them, chose the components,the quality of the components, the white papers. Mackie is an established "go to" brand for those who want reliability and quality that has been proven over a long period of time. Yeah that comes at a price...So does a Honda Accord.... made in America. Even though people generally prefer Japanese made Japanese designed products.If Im going to pay a premium for Japanese engineering I want it assembled by the Japanese....But its all about the engineering not the guy bolting on the wheels. That goes even more so for less labor more designed oriented circuitry and components.

Dongbei Piano factory makes many different brands of Pianos in the same buildings. There is a very wide scope of quality and design depending on who they are making a particular piano for. Steinway chose Pearl River China to make their Essex line pianos for a reason as did Yamaha.

There is no such thing as a free lunch. You may believe you are getting one but you will be hungry again soon after the meal in many cases. The next meal will end up costing more. Whats that saying?

The dread of poor quality lasts far longer then the joy of a bargain....

OK Business 101 class is out enjoy recess..

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 03-16-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#257681 - 03/16/09 08:34 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
I just don't understand why you are getting all fired up about this speaker thing. You have been a member for a while and I would imagine that you know by now how things go down @ the Zone!

Hey, if the Podium's rock their boat than let it be! EVERYBODY DESERVES TO BE HAPPY!

I share the same opinion when it comes to speakers and would never buy a no-name speaker ( unless I had no other option).

By the way, I still think JBL is the industry standard! LOL

#257682 - 03/16/09 08:41 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Dnj Offline

The "Industry Standard" is your own EARS

#257683 - 03/16/09 08:53 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
Yeah, to some extent. But, some ears should not have the privilage of determining, or participating in the "standard" evaluation process. There is this phenomenon of hurting other ears by choosing the wrong "industry standard".

#257684 - 03/16/09 09:11 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Just talked to the company. Sasha will call me back when she get there (their time is ahead of mine). They were apologetic and assured me they will resolve the problem to my satisfaction.
BTW, I really could care less what so-called experts think of my choice of equipment. I use what does the job, regardless of labels.
I'm just posting here to add to the information, not to try and show how much I know (which usually results in showing how little I know).
Thanks to Fran for pointing me to these speakers. Before it's over, I may change my tune, but I still really don't think so.
DonM

#257685 - 03/16/09 09:30 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by hitman:
I just don't understand why you are getting all fired up about this speaker thing. You have been a member for a while and I would imagine that you know by now how things go down @ the Zone!

Hey, if the Podium's rock their boat than let it be! EVERYBODY DESERVES TO BE HAPPY!

I share the same opinion when it comes to speakers and would never buy a no-name speaker ( unless I had no other option).

By the way, I still think JBL is the industry standard! LOL

I agree there is no ONE industry standard but there are long respected "goto" brands that people who care about their work will use over and over again. I don't have an issue with people buying "budget brands" until they put them on the same level with proven gear with long track records of success and acceptance. Then find the warts after many jump in believing they are "as good as" a JBL or Mackie or Yamaha CV.....

Is my Rode NT2 as nice a mike as a U87....No and OI would not tell someone it is. Is it a good mike for my purposes? You bet. Would I recommend it over an AKG414 in quality and result. No. Could sound better on someone than a 414?....Yeah but I would not tell someone that it WILL and DOES.

It is what it is and can only be compared with mikes in it's class.

I had a lurker (who apparently cannot register drive from Virgina to by a Tyros from me after reading this site. He did not tell me this until I was carrying the board to their car. He said I told it like it was and did not bow to popularity contests or have an agenda. Thats why he came to see apparently the only Tyros in stock on the east coast.LOL. He could have saved hundreds and bought from someone on the forum. But he chose to deal with a straight shooter who spent hours with him.

I could care less about the "community" and my place in it. I don't hawk gear here. I don't hawk great musical talent or experience, I don't have to sell my studio skills, I could not care less about credibility.

I am one voice and that voice is blunt, honest, and not patronizing. Some people actually appreciate that. Others can leave the words on their screen and pay no mind. I don;t need a 500 post thread to feel better about who I am or what I have to offer.But I will help those who do.

Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#257686 - 03/16/09 12:39 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Princess Offline

Loc: Michigan
The pp1202A, will be in on april 6th and I ordered 4 of them the price is right total bill is 619.98 they cut 10 bucks from each speaker, thats a bargain, can always send them back if I don't like them , the co. has a good track record, Mike said if for any reason you don't like them they will take them back, Paula

#257687 - 03/16/09 12:55 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:

I could care less about the "community" and my place in it. I don't hawk gear here. I don't hawk great musical talent or experience, I don't have to sell my studio skills, I could not care less about credibility.

I am one voice and that voice is blunt, honest, and not patronizing. Some people actually appreciate that. Others can leave the words on their screen and pay no mind. I don;t need a 500 post thread to feel better about who I am or what I have to offer.But I will help those who do.

Well, you've amply demonstrated all of the above (well, perhaps not the bit about not being patronizing). Of course, you left out the insensitive, rude, spiteful and bitter part, but I guess that comes under the 'honest' section

Of course, blunt, honest opinions have perhaps a slightly higher value if backed up by actual real world skills...

For instance, the voluminous posting on arranger value, operation, quality (or not) might have more weight when it comes from someone that can actually PLAY. Same with recording skills, live sound engineering or the grocery list of just about everything that you post about...

But don't worry. If I need advice from someone with no credibility, you can be sure I will look for your posts first!

You see, were I to post incessantly about how to sing well, and had a voice well, kind of like mine (not exactly very good!), I imagine that eventually (or in your case, pretty darn soon) you might chime in with what utter rubbish I was posting. And tell me to leave it to people that COULD do what they offer others advice on... Me, I want driving tips, I tend to want to listen to someone that can actually drive

BTW, have a re-read of your definition of 'topper' and see if it doesn't apply to yourself in the context of your involvement in this forum... It struck me as pretty accurate. But hey! What's the opinion of one bitter and frustrated wedding singer in the face of a mighty ex-karaoke singer who hasn't posted a single piece of arranger music here (sorry if I missed it - the last thing I remember was a WS demo)?

#257688 - 03/16/09 03:42 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Well, you've amply demonstrated all of the above (well, perhaps not the bit about not being patronizing). Of course, you left out the insensitive, rude, spiteful and bitter part, but I guess that comes under the 'honest' section

Of course, blunt, honest opinions have perhaps a slightly higher value if backed up by actual real world skills...

For instance, the voluminous posting on arranger value, operation, quality (or not) might have more weight when it comes from someone that can actually PLAY. Same with recording skills, live sound engineering or the grocery list of just about everything that you post about...

But don't worry. If I need advice from someone with no credibility, you can be sure I will look for your posts first!

You see, were I to post incessantly about how to sing well, and had a voice well, kind of like mine (not exactly very good!), I imagine that eventually (or in your case, pretty darn soon) you might chime in with what utter rubbish I was posting. And tell me to leave it to people that COULD do what they offer others advice on... Me, I want driving tips, I tend to want to listen to someone that can actually drive

BTW, have a re-read of your definition of 'topper' and see if it doesn't apply to yourself in the context of your involvement in this forum... It struck me as pretty accurate. But hey! What's the opinion of one bitter and frustrated wedding singer in the face of a mighty ex-karaoke singer who hasn't posted a single piece of arranger music here (sorry if I missed it - the last thing I remember was a WS demo)?

DIKI you have lost all credibility with me. Your agenda here is only to be respected as leader in your field whatever that is..arranger playing?. On this board you may get what you desire so much. You can toot all you want about your precious g70 and performing skills. Frankly I have not heard anything from you that even I would shout well done....and me being what you say I am thats pretty bad....I don't have to "prove" anything to you....Yeah that sucks I know. you don't impress me. I am comfortable where I am, where I have been and what I am doing now. I would not change a thing. I have done everything I wanted to do. and far far more than I dreamed. In that reagard I can see an extremely frustrated "musician" when I see one who felt un appreciated. Have a peek in the mirror. I have worked with keyboard players that can read down 24 charts in a soundcheck/rehersal at 3PM for 5 acts and play the show at 8PM for 10,000. Those are players I respect. Players like my wife who did exactly that for years. Players who would not think of taking an arranger on any gig. Players who don't even know they exist.

You want to hear an "arranger piece" so bad..... turn on your keyboard and hit a few buttonos and press "play"////:0 even I can do that with the best...Doesn't take a Julliard Grad..Suprised?

Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#257689 - 03/16/09 03:56 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Dnj Offline

I'm so glad we're back on topic now
How refreshing.

Page 52 of 53 < 1 2 50 51 52 53 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online