Originally posted by sunny152:
I have decided to buy one pair of Podium pro either 8" or 10" speakers.My Requirement is as follows:
1.Power is not important,I need crystal clear sound for my Tyros3.
2.No distortion at higher volumes.
3.Faithful reproduction of bass frequencies even at 30HZ without distortion.
So,as per your opinion,which speakers are ideal either 8" or 10"? Please help.
[This message has been edited by sunny152 (edited 03-15-2009).]
I can't advise on the 30HZ question, as I'm not a sound engineer. I think a few others might chime in here. But to my ears, the 8s offer exceptional bass.
- Plenty of power and crystal clear.
- Very light and built in power cords
- No handles to carry
- A bit more power (not too much more from what I can tell). You could always call their technical department.
- But suspect will offer a bit more power and bass.
- Really nice built in handle for carrying
- Separate power cords
- Not too big or heavy to manage, about 1 1/2 times the size and weight of the 8s.
If you can wait a few days, I'll have a T2 in my studio and will be putting them through the 8s test.
At this time, my recommendation would be the 10s, simply for the price difference of $40! Plus, the 10s are in stock and the 8s are on backorder.
Hope this helps.