SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14 >
Topic Options
#256584 - 02/16/09 07:39 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
This all depends on how close you can come to the sound of both Yamaha and ketron instruments...It should be possible, to come very close tough with the right sound developers....

Right!
the first really good working experiment I made by connecting the Live Styler on one Linuxsampler midi port and use the current Sounbankg GM2.
work nice with GM sounds too, just for the minimal soundbank setups.
In the Live styler give the possibility to load different device too, VST and SF2 soundfonts, then I think the soundbank right now is relative. The User then can choose the best one.
For me right now more important is the full integration of Live Styler on MS side, for choose the midi out device and soundfonts need just some minute of setup.

#256585 - 02/16/09 07:44 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
I hope that things like this will be part of the community discovering the possibillities of the MS..... and then sharing thier discoveries with the rest of the community...

This would leave MS with delivering the sounds and tools, and the community with adding new options which can be sounds, styles, tools and even more....
As said before..Linux is a community thing, and so should the MS be...

Advice..... create a MS package that people can install on any PC they want (with standard specs) so they can toy around with the programs and tools and find out more about the lovely heart of the MS...
I am sure that when people get accustomed with the MS and a coupled midi keyboard, they will choose a Mediastation for on stage too.....

Share the software, its what made M$, Intel and IBM what they are now.....And people will buy the hardware....
Give the community the tools... and they will create what the MS needs.....killer styles and aplications....You just can't do it all in house ... The project is way to huge and aspiring for that.

Bachus
I had this same idea too but is really complex now release a standard PC mediastation distribution, because the all MS code if full integrated and in continue communication with the pannel API: 176 Keys, 340 Leds, sliders, encoders..
when the MS application start have to inizialize the pannel and IF is not found, all crash!

What I will release soon is one Qranger PC distribution for develope audio-midi styles in a normally PC.
More is not possible.

#256586 - 02/16/09 07:56 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Dnj Offline

Well I guess you have to buy one of these MS units & hope for the best being no one will answer me on where you can see one demonstrated in the USa aty this time or in the future?

#256587 - 02/16/09 08:01 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Well I guess you have to buy one of these MS units & hope for the best being no one will answer me on where you can see one demonstrated in the USa aty this time or in the future?

I get last week a really interesting mail request for open one Lionstracs USA support and reseller point or distribution.
the name of this person is really GOOD know from one brand company and is also one SZ member too.
When we have found one nice agreement you will there know asap from this guy too.

#256588 - 02/16/09 08:37 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Dnj Offline

Great ....I hope you can work things out with these people and get the MS out there for people to see and understand what it's all about.....this will greatly enhance your mission....people want to touch, play, see, try, demo,listen to these items it's the only way an educated consumer can make a decison if the item is right for them & their needs........and after the sale DVD instructional sets too.

#256589 - 02/16/09 08:41 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
I get last week a really interesting mail request for open one Lionstracs USA support and reseller point or distribution.
the name of this person is really GOOD know from one brand company and is also one SZ member too.
When we have found one nice agreement you will there know asap from this guy too.

One word of advice if I may.

You probably do not want to talk about any future deals until there is a written agreement and a marketing and business strategy has been carefully planned.
You must think about what action you are going to take and what type of reaction you will get from your action.

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 02-16-2009).]

#256590 - 02/16/09 10:10 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Dom,
I think your on to something....Because of me some? :-)

Live-Styler is superb and has gotten even better with the plus add-on. We can now DIRECTLY play KETRON styles and even use the Ketrom SD-2 or 4 for sounds (And the Ketron sounds are in the instrument file in LS)

IF, IF you could get the hardware conrollers to work well with LS...then you have esentially a Tx built into MS!!!!
The world of Yamaha styles would be available!

Then, the only real thing is to spend a chunk of time getting the XG sound set mapping into a VERY high quality sound set (Giga or ??) INCLUDING mega-voices.

I personally have gottem LS to work very well here (within liitations). I use:

LS 10+

15" Touch Screen

Korg PA2XPRO on top (I also can use T2)

CME UF70 76 key MIDI controller on bottem

Roland PK-5 MIDI pedal board for arranger control And/Or manual base (switch selected)

The MISSING piece, so to speak is all the HW controls I need. I have done some, but not all. This is the piece that is tough, not technocally (MIDI is powerful) but Physically to have the controls since NO arranger or MIDI controller KB ALL of what we need here.

One more thing..as some of us have experimented a 'lot' with a SW arranger the big issue is of integration...all the pieces are there...how to make it all work together (musically)

I have often though...I should write a program package to do just that.

IF, any of the Dxxm HW arrangers from any MFG would send ALL MIDI mesages from every function key, slider etc..it would be great. But the MIDI implementation is crap on the arrangers unlike a PRO synth...but...the PRO synth doesn't have all the buttons we need and they are not in the right places...so is the problem.

What I need is: A high end MIDI controller KB, 76 keys with the controllers 'aranged' like an arranger (pick Yamaha,Korg, Roland etc) and all the controllers are fully programmable. With full PRO level MIDI implementation!

Don't exist today.
Lee S.

#256591 - 02/16/09 12:44 PM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Lee

Have a look at the CME VX range of controllers http://www.cme-pro.com/products-list/product-vx.html as you may find these give a general arranger layout style.

Also see if you can find a used Bohm Keybits arranger (The name changed to Silverbird when they changed from black to a silver finish) as these were available with and without an internal sound generator, as well as an advanced Midi setup, and so literally was an Arranger Keyboard Controller.

LS still only adapts Megavoice styles to a closer standard voice rather then play them as is, but apart from that 10.5 gives you pretty much everything you get in an arranger, and then some. (Don’t forget the GS mode so that you can also play Roland Styles)

Regards

Bill

#256592 - 02/16/09 03:34 PM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Magica Alfa:
All is possible

Diki you do not know becasue you did not try MS.

http://www.esnips.com/doc/c775b069-a794-4bc0-afa7-2e28dab983cd/Pop-1

Ahhh... I see. When I try the MS, suddenly I am going to be able to make better music that anyone else I have heard on it so far...?

That's quite a compliment. Thank you. Unfortunately, my own impressions of my skill are more realistic. I tend to listen to the best that a manufacturer puts up as a demo, and just HOPE I can get close... Sadly, with the MS, that's not much of a challenge

Like I have said forever... if Dom can't find anyone to make great styles on the MS, how come he expects average (or even above average ) users to be able to do it? This is the most asinine argument here. If the manufacturer cannot get it to sound good, why does he expect his customers?

I honestly have a sneaky feeling that Dom has never really USED an arranger before he started to make one. If he had, he would understand a little better what people want in one. And it AIN'T sitting home trying to make passable styles. Because, if HE had spent all his time doing that before he made the MS, he would a)know how difficult it is, and b)if he WAS good at it, there would be a plethora of great styles for the MS.

I don't believe he knows what an arranger is at all.

#256593 - 02/16/09 06:16 PM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Bill,
Thanks for the info...while the VX is pretty good...it isn't even close to what we need...LOTS more switches arranged close to the keys etc. I'll check out the others you recommended.

Diki,
EXACTLY...very few can or want to make any styles. That's whay I think the LS idea is great...IF he can make it work really well with all controllers (sw, sliders etc. Then Yamaha styles and others will work on MS.

Still have to get a better XG sound set and have real mega-voices for styles. He has the RH voice part licked (lots of good choices for that).

Lee

Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online