SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14 >
Topic Options
#256524 - 02/12/09 10:01 AM Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Dnj Offline

Enjoy it...I can tell your excited about it.

#256525 - 02/12/09 02:55 PM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Bachus Offline

Well todays demo's got me excited over it all over again...

Congratulations Fran...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#256526 - 02/12/09 07:32 PM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Heck, he might get so excited, he might even post some music made on it...

Hey, had the last one what, two, three years? Posted ONE thing done on it (right?) when he first had it, then nada.. zip, zilch.

Maybe this one we get TWO...

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 02-12-2009).]

#256527 - 02/13/09 01:11 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
And the self appointed MS policeman kicks in once again. Your life must really be lacking for this to have become your only mission ... which it really seems to be when we see you are always the dominating poster on ALL MS threads. We don't hear much about the pros or cons of your G70 including style demos of it from you but you seem compulsively determined to count MS demos from others. If I am mistaken please point me to the videos of you demonstrating the G70 .... I guess I must have missed them.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 02-13-2009).]

#256528 - 02/13/09 05:07 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Diki is able to demostrate the G70 with video too?? where???? I will see too!
Maybe Diki is stil working for Roland and they don't allow to record video with Roland instruments?
can be possible?

Anyway ANY video link,also from the CA beach will be really interesting...
please zoom as close as possible to the Ca blonde..

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 02-13-2009).]

#256529 - 02/13/09 05:29 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
And the self appointed MS policeman kicks in once again. Your life must really be lacking for this to have become your only mission ... which it really seems to be when we see you are always the dominating poster on ALL MS threads. We don't hear much about the pros or cons of your G70 including style demos of it from you but you seem compulsively determined to count MS demos from others. If I am mistaken please point me to the videos of you demonstrating the G70 .... I guess I must have missed them.

Nigel I'd love to see that G70 also of Diki performing on the G70....I have played Fran's MS when it first came out & enjoyed many of it's unique features.....this new updated one will surly be exciting.

#256530 - 02/13/09 06:00 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Congrats Fran. I think one of the (few) things we have in common (except for our good looks ) is a fondness for the exotic. The difference is that you are far more willing to dig deeply into these feature-rich systems. Kudos to you for your adventurous spirit. I have always been intrigued by the Mediastation but turned off by my addiction to 'instant gratification'. The term "user friendly" was coined especially for me. (Am I) lazy or just plain dumb? Don't know. Probably a little of each.

chas

#256531 - 02/13/09 06:09 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
richard_shiflet Offline

Loc: Greenwood, SC -USA
Quote:

Thank You Nigel, I have been waiting for someone to say that!
I do not mean just about the one “self appointed MS Policeman” in this post, but about lot of negative posters that shoot down anyone that will step out on a limb and try something different.

I admire Domenik and the work he has accomplished with the Mediastation. It is amazing that as a small company, he has been able to create such a versatile and powerful instrument, far surpassing well established large keyboard companies in their technological improvements!

We as the keyboard consumers deserve a lot more than we are spoon fed by the industry. My early years working with keyboards saw huge leaps forward in keyboard development. Remember when the Kurzweil K250 was first released? Or when the Yamaha Dx7 first hit the streets? Or the first time you heard heard the lush pads on the Roland D50? I know everyone has their nostalgic favorites, but my point is that we had a lot of amazing advances in keyboard abilities in a rather short period of time. But in recent years I have grown very bored with trips to the music store.

Too often new keyboard debuts are just repackaged tech that we have had for years. We’re often asked to pay way too much for the slight improvements we’re given. I think that if anyone is willing to try and break this mold that we as the SynthZone community, should celebrate!

The success of Lionstracs, or any other forward thinking company, will only push all keyboard companies to improve. Lets not hold back any progress with negativity, but cheer it on. We as keyboard players are the ones who benefit!

#256532 - 02/13/09 06:39 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by richard_shiflet:

I admire Domenik and the work he has accomplished with the Mediastation. It is amazing that as a small company, he has been able to create such a versatile and powerful instrument, far surpassing well established large keyboard companies in their technological improvements!

We as the keyboard consumers deserve a lot more than we are spoon fed by the industry. My early years working with keyboards saw huge leaps forward in keyboard development. Remember when the Kurzweil K250 was first released? Or when the Yamaha Dx7 first hit the streets? Or the first time you heard heard the lush pads on the Roland D50? I know everyone has their nostalgic favorites, but my point is that we had a lot of amazing advances in keyboard abilities in a rather short period of time. But in recent years I have grown very bored with trips to the music store.

Too often new keyboard debuts are just repackaged tech that we have had for years. We’re often asked to pay way too much for the slight improvements we’re given. I think that if anyone is willing to try and break this mold that we as the SynthZone community, should celebrate!

The success of Lionstracs, or any other forward thinking company, will only push all keyboard companies to improve. Lets not hold back any progress with negativity, but cheer it on. We as keyboard players are the ones who benefit!

I eliminated the first paragraph so as to avoid any personal references, but the remainder of this post beautifully articulates my feelings, as well. I believe that avant-garde features (necessarily) come at a cost of operational complexity, which might compromise it's commercial success. However, as long as we (musicians/consumers) continue to demand more and more features from these instruments, we also need to be willing to invest more into learning to use them.

There are clearly, still 'wrinkles' to be worked out, but I continue to believe that this hardware/software (easy upgrade) approach is the way of the future.

I also believe (and this will be controversial) that it's 'boutique' status relieves it from having to compete directly with purely commercial boards like the Tyros3 and PA2x. After all, it is far more that 'just an arranger'. Still, some nice high-quality styles would certainly help with it's commercial ambitions. JMO.

chas

#256533 - 02/13/09 06:41 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Pacesetter Offline

Quote:

BRAVO BRAVO Nigel. Very well said! Thank you!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online