SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#256331 - 02/10/09 07:11 AM ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........
Dnj Offline

http://gmy.news.yahoo.com/v/11951619

Worlds smallest car...

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-10-2009).]

#256332 - 02/10/09 08:09 AM Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
And I thought the Smart Fortwo car was small! >> Don't take it out on the freeway any time soon.. You'll sure to be squashed like a bug if you do.

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 02-10-2009).]

#256333 - 02/10/09 10:33 AM Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If Obama wants this country to go green, and start to run REALLY efficient cars, he needs to separate truckers and heavy freight hauling from passenger vehicles.

Maybe we should simply spend the ENTIRE stimulus package on constructing a second separate road system for 18 wheelers ONLY (and other heavy trucks, etc.)... Then we could drive things like this in relative safety.

Come to think of it, after all the auto companies dodged emission standards by classifying SUV's as 'light trucks', forcing them to share the same system with the behemoths only might get a few soccer moms to reconsider their need for a gas guzzler..

#256334 - 02/10/09 10:34 AM Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
First, I would need a convertible model to get into it ...
Second, I'm not sure I would even feel safe driving that thing in my BACK YARD,
Third, does it come with 'on-board' speakers ...

One good thing is that if you ever run out of gas you can put it on your "rock 'n' roller" cart to take it to the gas station ...

t.

#256335 - 02/10/09 10:52 AM Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Maybe we should simply spend the ENTIRE stimulus package on...

Better chord recognition on the Audya & bring back the Chord Sequenecer on Roland Arranger keybords also aside from a better VH on Yamaha units. Afterall thats what's really important!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-10-2009).]

#256336 - 02/10/09 12:03 PM Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Wanna save gas?
Buy a European car...

#256337 - 02/10/09 12:16 PM Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Another way to save gas is to simply cut down on pointless driving. We here in the US waste so much gas just driving around (simply because we can and we're bored). Out of all the hobbies one can choose to do at home..., it's amazing people often choose such an expensive hobby as "pointless driving around".

Another huge part HAS to come from the greedy oil driven US auto makers. They have/had millions upon millions of stock in oil..., so when gas prices got crazy.., they're all about selling their gas hoggin SUV's. Every time you fill up.., they're getting more money from ya. Fuel efficient vehicles CAN be made (and at reasonable prices). This current recession is a clear indicator of how corp. greed and extreme capitolism will eventually come back to bite this country in our big red white and blue asses

This car in the vid was pretty cute though. I don't think you're going to see this thing on any streets in large numbers (especially in the US). Looks like one of the points for this micro-machine (Penny Racer is probably a better term though) was to get in the records book as the smallest functioning car that's considered "legal" in its country of origin.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#256338 - 02/10/09 12:21 PM Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Better chord recognition on the Audya & bring back the Chord Sequenecer on Roland Arranger keybords also aside from a better VH on Yamaha units. Afterall thats what's really important!

Oh hell yes! Shouldn't even take more than a billion or two... (well, maybe more for that Yamaha VH )

#256339 - 02/10/09 12:26 PM Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........
Diki Offline

Why not one of these? http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/ssc-aero-ev-2009-01-22

or one of these http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/tesla-power-2009-01-19

Now THOSE are electric cars a Yank could get behind!

BTW, I LOVE 'Top Gear'! Best damn car show EVER!

#256340 - 02/10/09 12:33 PM Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
It’s not a production car, as it was built in the early 60s, and I believe they got that model out of one of the car museums.

It was for the motoring program Top Gear in the UK, and was just a bit of fun for the show.

Not sure if you can see the video outside the UK (BBC copyright may prevent it being shown) however here is the Top Gear link http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos just type peel into the video search box.

Regards

Bill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online