ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........

Posted by: Dnj

ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/10/09 07:11 AM

http://gmy.news.yahoo.com/v/11951619

Worlds smallest car...

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-10-2009).]
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/10/09 08:09 AM

And I thought the Smart Fortwo car was small! >> Don't take it out on the freeway any time soon.. You'll sure to be squashed like a bug if you do.

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 02-10-2009).]
Posted by: Diki

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/10/09 10:33 AM

If Obama wants this country to go green, and start to run REALLY efficient cars, he needs to separate truckers and heavy freight hauling from passenger vehicles.

Maybe we should simply spend the ENTIRE stimulus package on constructing a second separate road system for 18 wheelers ONLY (and other heavy trucks, etc.)... Then we could drive things like this in relative safety.

Come to think of it, after all the auto companies dodged emission standards by classifying SUV's as 'light trucks', forcing them to share the same system with the behemoths only might get a few soccer moms to reconsider their need for a gas guzzler..
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/10/09 10:34 AM

First, I would need a convertible model to get into it ...
Second, I'm not sure I would even feel safe driving that thing in my BACK YARD,
Third, does it come with 'on-board' speakers ...

One good thing is that if you ever run out of gas you can put it on your "rock 'n' roller" cart to take it to the gas station ...

t.

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/10/09 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Maybe we should simply spend the ENTIRE stimulus package on...

Better chord recognition on the Audya & bring back the Chord Sequenecer on Roland Arranger keybords also aside from a better VH on Yamaha units. Afterall thats what's really important!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-10-2009).]
Posted by: trident

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/10/09 12:03 PM

Wanna save gas?
Buy a European car...
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/10/09 12:16 PM

Another way to save gas is to simply cut down on pointless driving. We here in the US waste so much gas just driving around (simply because we can and we're bored). Out of all the hobbies one can choose to do at home..., it's amazing people often choose such an expensive hobby as "pointless driving around".

Another huge part HAS to come from the greedy oil driven US auto makers. They have/had millions upon millions of stock in oil..., so when gas prices got crazy.., they're all about selling their gas hoggin SUV's. Every time you fill up.., they're getting more money from ya. Fuel efficient vehicles CAN be made (and at reasonable prices). This current recession is a clear indicator of how corp. greed and extreme capitolism will eventually come back to bite this country in our big red white and blue asses

This car in the vid was pretty cute though. I don't think you're going to see this thing on any streets in large numbers (especially in the US). Looks like one of the points for this micro-machine (Penny Racer is probably a better term though) was to get in the records book as the smallest functioning car that's considered "legal" in its country of origin.

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/10/09 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Better chord recognition on the Audya & bring back the Chord Sequenecer on Roland Arranger keybords also aside from a better VH on Yamaha units. Afterall thats what's really important!

Oh hell yes! Shouldn't even take more than a billion or two... (well, maybe more for that Yamaha VH )

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/10/09 12:26 PM

Why not one of these? http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/ssc-aero-ev-2009-01-22

or one of these http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/tesla-power-2009-01-19

Now THOSE are electric cars a Yank could get behind!

BTW, I LOVE 'Top Gear'! Best damn car show EVER!
Posted by: abacus

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/10/09 12:33 PM

It’s not a production car, as it was built in the early 60s, and I believe they got that model out of one of the car museums.

It was for the motoring program Top Gear in the UK, and was just a bit of fun for the show.

Not sure if you can see the video outside the UK (BBC copyright may prevent it being shown) however here is the Top Gear link http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos just type peel into the video search box.

Regards

Bill

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/10/09 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
Wanna save gas?
Buy a European car...

That's why this country is a mess...
BUY AMERICAN!

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/10/09 01:02 PM

Some of them play over here, but ones that haven't been shown on BBC America yet get blanked...

Still plenty to whet your appetite on, though, if you don't get BBC America over here...

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/10/09 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
That's why this country is a mess...
BUY AMERICAN!

No.... THAT'S why this country is a mess. Buy efficient. THEN America will start to make them that way... THEN you can buy American

Anyway, don't they make Prius's in the US?

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/10/09 01:07 PM

Quote:
Some of them play over here, but ones that haven't been shown on BBC America yet get blanked...

Still plenty to whet your appetite on, though, if you don't get BBC America over here...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=top+gear&aq=f

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/11/09 01:24 AM

I don't know if the special episode of the three guys from Top Gear visiting America was shown in the US... Jeremy Clarcson ridicules both the people and the cars.

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/11/09 12:42 PM

Firstly, I've seen MORE than enough American TV 'personalities' poke a bit of fun at the British when visiting over there... And, what? You don't think there isn't enough ridiculous about our cars (and people ) that anyone COULD poke some fun?

We drive the world's thirstiest cars insane distances to get a packet of cigarettes, and up until recently, had presidents that were a punchline in our OWN country, yet alone abroad!

Lighten up...

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/11/09 12:50 PM

Quote:
Firstly, I've seen MORE than enough American TV 'personalities' poke a bit of fun at the British when visiting over there... And, what? You don't think there isn't enough ridiculous about our cars (and people ) that anyone COULD poke some fun?

We drive the world's thirstiest cars insane distances to get a packet of cigarettes, and up until recently, had presidents that were a punchline in our OWN country, yet alone abroad!

Lighten up...

Diki,
I am not an American, I am Greek...

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/11/09 02:20 PM

I stand corrected...!

Mind you, careful about bearding the lion in his den... Americans don't like to be reminded about perhaps not being #1 at everything. You know, like literacy, infant mortality, college graduation, fuel efficiency, stuff like that!

But we got one HELL of a military!

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/11/09 04:03 PM

I love the color red ...don't you?
Posted by: DanO1

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/11/09 07:29 PM

I've been selling Honda's for a few months now.. order for the new Honda Insight are starting to come in ! http://automobiles.honda.com/insight-hybrid/

Then you could go with the Honda Fit !

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/11/09 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
I've been selling Honda's for a few months now.. order for the new Honda Insight are starting to come in ! http://automobiles.honda.com/insight-hybrid/

Then you could go with the Honda Fit !

With this economy I wonder how many repos honda is doing after the sale?
Posted by: Nigel

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/12/09 03:13 AM

Thanks, I'll stick with my Camaro Z28. It has the space I need for my combined keyboard and guitar equipment plus it has the power when I need it. And it still uses a lot less gas than any SUV out there. Plus I just love American muscle cars. Call me sentimental lol.
Posted by: hellboy44

Re: ot/...hey you wanna save on gas prices?........ - 02/16/09 04:59 AM

So do I Nigel, but come on - we're both Aussies!