SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 13 of 19 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 18 19 >
Topic Options
#256222 - 02/14/09 01:04 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:

See how nicely you put it, not at that time but Dave goes as far as to believe that he had
the final Audya

I'm not in the USA, I live nearly 200Km from the Ketron factory in Italy. and here Audya shipped in mid december.

Ok. do you want all the story? Well.. there are so many people who bougth the audya and returned it just after some days of use due to deadlocks, bugs and so on. People here in Italy are really upset for this, if you know italian just search some italian forum like this: http://www.supportimusicali.it/forum/forum.asp?r=1
Now, it's simply impossible that Ketron would sell a piece of hardware that's incomplete in the hardware design, so the only incomplete part is the software.
If they managed NOT to stream the live guitar loops from HD, but keep them in ROMS, (the only thing streamed from HD during style play is the drum track), I'm pretty sure they won't be able to add the missing chords using live guitars, they're stuck with emulating them via MIDI. THe only thing they can do is do these MIDI parts better. And I relly hope they will do so.
And, as I stated several times, the loop posted was just to show how things are done inside the machine for the guitar audio part. As I said, styles when played complete with all tracks sounds outstanding. As I said I opted for the Pa2x for various reasons, the main one is I didn't like right hand sounds and lack of advanced sound editing, but this is a PERSONAL taste.

[This message has been edited by mrdave (edited 02-14-2009).]

#256223 - 02/14/09 01:20 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
That posted audio sample is useless...

Donny first off the panned track is to the right ..not the left..

Well fran I hope your right Mr Dave posted & I heard crap......the proof will be in the pudding & I'm sure Leezone will check all this chord stuff out at the workshop next week & report back..

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-14-2009).]

#256224 - 02/14/09 01:24 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Genesys, you are right but i guess to most in
here AUDIO means only GTR TRACKS, Vocals is MIDI.
What about the BASS track? Noone mention it?

Bass parts are all MIDI, there're no live bass on the audya, Even when you select a bass line from "Bass bank" this is still MIDI. These are PATTERNS, You can change the sound while the style is playing and it still plays the pattern selected. Same thing for Arp & Licks, these are MIDI patterns.

#256225 - 02/14/09 02:01 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
I dont deffend Ketron nor Audya, they are not
my brothers nor father nor mother...
we just simply crossed the limits of reasonable
and started making nonsense...

#256226 - 02/14/09 03:19 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
leezone Offline

the way i see it is that those that are defending this AUDYA chord limitation dont really care, or don't need it to sound consistent while playing a style

but the fact is I do, and i think i speak for many here that also care

facts are facts,
the truth must be told,
not hidden,

we have to know EXACTLY what we are buying,

and all these questions, comments, posts (be they negative) are the ONLY way most of us will ever get any answers and get to the bottom of this

i do not want to be like one of those guys in Italy and have to return the keyboard when i find out its limitations

i want to know the AUDYA and what it can/ cannot do BEFORE i buy it, if i by it that is...

#256227 - 02/14/09 04:25 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I just downloaded the 74 page manual Bill mentioned in another thread http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/019107.html
is this document current??

I can't see any mention of being able to record user styles from scratch??
only some basic stuff on how to alter voices, panning etc on page 26 and the section on user styles page 53.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#256228 - 02/14/09 04:27 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
This all stinks. You cant have it both ways Nedim. The Audya is it would appear being sold apparently (according to Mr Dave )only 50% complete (according to Nedim) and then members are scolded like naughty children for speaking out about what sounds like serious deficiencies in the 'Unfinished product" .

Ketron needs to get its act together. If this instrument is not ready for sale DONT DEMO IT , DONT SELL IT AND DONT MARKET IT .

I was not aware that the bass was not audio as well.... Thanks for your plain speaking Mr Dave. So what sounds are real audio ? Just the drums and some guitar tracks ??? Isnt that simply a minor improvement over the SD1 ?

Nedim if your temper gets the better of you and you choose to insult people for expressing opinions on a product that is not ready then channel your anger appropriately at the people at Ketron that chose to let a unfinished product get out there. They should never have done that. They should never have piqued peoples appetites and then clammed up when hard questions were and still are being asked about the instruments current capabilities . There is no point in telling people to wait and see what the finished product will sound like when it was Ketron that baited potential buyers with an unfinished product.

#256229 - 02/14/09 05:35 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Spald, i am in contact with Ketron everyday and they get a lot more anger from me then here
but you have to understand, this here is not opinions, it has nothing to do with someones
opinions but its plain insults on a company for no reason. If you started building a sound and
you sent it to me and told me, Nedim this is not finished but check it out does that give me the
right to say SPALD YOUR SOUND SUCKS??? I dont think so..so it cant be opiniated yet.
It can in a reasonable way but not bashing at it without any knowledge of it.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 02-14-2009).]

#256230 - 02/14/09 06:38 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
to the genesys Offline

Ketron really needs to take some serious action. They can not have persons on this or any other forum misrepresenting what the Audya is not living up to. To me, it is akin to someone reverse engineering a product and then try to make it do something that it was not intended to do and calling the product bad.

They really need to take action against persons making careless statements like “Audya's apparent flaws”.

#256231 - 02/14/09 07:10 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
i hear you Nedim but Ketron should expressly stated in writing and obtained a written consent that they do not want this information to go public. When Korg was planning the launch of their expanded sounds for both the M3 and the PA2X they asked people to test it and i know for a fact that those people were under a gagging order which would not permit them to say to anyone else what their opinions were. This is basic stuff and if Ketron did not make this clear to whoever they gave the incomplete units to then it is still their cock up

Page 13 of 19 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 18 19 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online