SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 >
Topic Options
#255664 - 02/04/09 11:42 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Zuki was making a joke, because it looked as if AJ were attaching the KETRON letters, even though we know he wasn't.
DonM

#255665 - 02/04/09 12:04 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Oh ok, as i can see on the picture his fingers
are right on the XLR, more then one inch below the letters.

#255666 - 02/04/09 12:10 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
leezone Offline

Nedim,

sorry but you are INCORRECT when you say, no AUDYA has been delivered / sold...

direct from Portugal's site which i will translate for you as i am Portuguese:

"Os poucos Ketron AUDYA que foram disponibilizados pela fábrica chegaram a Portugal e já estão a ser vendidos aos Clientes que os aguardavam pacientemente.

A satisfação é uma constante em todos os felizes proprietários destas fabulosas maquinas."

TRANSLATION:
The few Ketron AUDYA that were released from the factory arrived in Portugal and are already being sold to our clients that were patiently waiting for them.
What's constant is the satisfaction in all of the happy OWNERS of these fabulous machines.

So Nedim, that box is not just a box laying around near the demo unit...or just someone taking a picture of a box, it's a proud owner of an actual AUDYA..

they sold as they arrived, as is.... whether they are 40%, 50% complete only Ketron knows

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 02-04-2009).]

#255667 - 02/04/09 12:17 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
leezone Offline

where's DIKI?

is he OK?
it's just strange that he has not chimed in on this thread, which has been here since early morning

would love to hear his take on this thread...

let us know you're OK Diki...

#255668 - 02/04/09 12:53 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Not enough FACTS on this thread, I'm afraid. No shortage of people speaking FOR Ketron that have no official word of any kind...

I have got to the point that unless it comes from AJ, it has no more weight than a post by any of us here

But I'll say what many of you are probably thinking... If Ketron ARE shipping this thing in an unfinished state, it bodes poorly for their financial health to do something so ill-conceived.

Now don't get me wrong. My G70 was shipped in what many of us thought was an 'unfinished' state, but those shortcomings didn't effect the basic operation of the unit. If entire chord types are 'missing' but will appear later, that's a primary function issue.

On the whole, though, I think that many of you are being VERY optimistic that this chord issue will be rectified 'at a later date'. After all the work put into the OS to have extensions added in by MIDI guitars, and whole chord types added in by MIDI parts, this isn't something you do at the drop of a hat. They have been working on this system for a LONG time for it to work effectively. In fact, it seems like this 'feature' has been in the pipe a LONG time. If fixing this issue involved such a complex solution, you can bet that they pretty much exhausted the ways to try and do it more simply with just the correct chord type loops...

#255669 - 02/04/09 12:59 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
leezone Offline

not to beat a dead horse Ketron BUT...

TELL IT LIKE IT IS !!!

#255670 - 02/04/09 02:00 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
leezone Offline

so what i conclude from all this is that:

a few Ketron AUDYAS have been delivered/sold for however many thousands of Euros,

and those sold are NOT the FINAL product, but rather maybe 50% of a final product,

a "beta-like" version of the real one to come at some point in time.

boy, i'd be really pissed if i wasn't told this, maybe that explains the SILENCE....

#255671 - 02/04/09 03:16 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
to the genesys Offline

“If entire chord types are 'missing'”

Lets be real specific on this issue.
The Audya does recognized most chord types and extensions.
For example, if you have a all midi style I am sure there is no problem with chord types. If there is a style with both midi and audio tracks, then the midi tracks would play the extensions not the audio tracks.
The audio tracks may not be playing the extensions, but Ketron never said that they would.

I take it that Ketron meant the audio tracks to enhance the style not replace the style hence the fact that they are no styles with all audio tracks.
That is why Ketron needs to market the Audya and shape the discussion about the Audya and not allow people to speculate about what the Audya can and can not do and then make it seem as if the Audya is lacking.

Regarding whether the Audya is or would be distributed as a “finish” product, that is a moot point with a keyboard that is open because with it been open, changes can and may be made that would drastically change the sound, and operation of the instrument.

To understand that concept you would have to get your self to think out side of a Yamaha T3 keyboard concept.

You need to start thinking in this way: I bought a PC computer with windows 2000 now I can upgrade that same computer with windows xp. I do not have to buy a new CPU.

#255672 - 02/04/09 03:20 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
If this is true it is not the first time from a keyboard manufacturer. The Roland Fantom G was shipped early to meet a shipping deadline and consequently the OS was not complete upon its release to the public (still not in my opinion because the OS is still missing important "scissor and glue" functions for the Sequencer for one, and other omissions too in my opinion). Kurzweil is another example. Their PC3X shipped with "missing" functionality. So I could understand how Ketron might do the same thing with the Audya. In other words, it will be a work in progress and the OS updates over the course of two or so years that should finally bring the Audya up to snuff. On a side, do you not remember the Roland G-70 patty cake patty cake?? Roland spent several years re-tooling the G70 and coming up with the latest version with version number 3 which is the current one. FWIW, on the Richter Scale of 1 to 10 a "3" can barely be felt.

Hopefully Roland's next totl arranger will be of the magnitude of around a 7 or 8. You know,.. shake things up some! Put back in the Chord Sequencer - (as Diki shouts Hallelujah!!) give it USB 2.0, put some substantial WAV ROM in the thing and give it a decent VH just to mention a few.

Back to the Audya. How much dinero are we talking about again?

All the best,
Mike

#255673 - 02/04/09 03:38 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Is the unit that Nedim was using perhaps the prototype the AJ still has. I can't see Ketron shipping units that are not complete. I personally demoed a unfinished SD1 prototype when it was that Bell Ketron and when the new units arrived to the USA they sent demo sd1 back to be completed. The new SD1 was already in europe but Bell ketron still had the SD1 demo. So I think that were jumping the gun here.... At least I hope so.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 02-04-2009).]

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online