SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >
Topic Options
#255714 - 02/06/09 01:58 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
...... maybe not even released,...

Well, I did joke about April 1st in some posts, but never said any year.
If still 40-50% developement to go, we might add 2-3 years, if ever.
Financial crisis may reach Ketron as well..... but I really hope not.

GJ

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#255715 - 02/06/09 02:15 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I talked to Ted on the phone today. He said it is about 90% now, but he won't sell any until it's done.
DonM

#255716 - 02/06/09 02:17 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Ketron could sell a crap load of their gear if they just lowered the price because once you strip away the sounds and styles.., there's really nothing that sets them apart from any of the others.., especially considering things that come standard on the others are OPTIONS on the Ketron.

Ketron's got some great sounding keyboards for sure..., but like I said before.., you're paying a HUGE price just for those sounds and styles because Ketron still lacks in many areas where the others clearly are ahead.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#255717 - 02/06/09 02:23 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I talked to Ted on the phone today. He said it is about 90% now, but he won't sell any until it's done.
DonM

Don Ketron shouldn't of even leaked it to the public until it was 100%....I think all this Pre-negative publicity is hurting the Audya.

#255718 - 02/06/09 02:25 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I think the biggest bruise the Audya will take would be if these new audio styles don't live up to the hype... They've clearly used this a huge selling point.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#255719 - 02/06/09 02:26 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Ketron could sell a crap load of their gear if they just lowered the price because once you strip away the sounds and styles.., there's really nothing that sets them apart from any of the others.., especially considering things that come standard on the others are OPTIONS on the Ketron.

Ketron's got some great sounding keyboards for sure..., but like I said before.., you're paying a HUGE price just for those sounds and styles because Ketron still lacks in many areas where the others clearly are ahead.
That might be the case with the past ketrons, but audya you also get the Midjay which is a big plus.

But also why are people buying arrangers? for the styles and sounds, right? what other features are you looking for in a arranger that ketron does not offer?

#255720 - 02/06/09 02:34 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
I think the biggest bruise the Audya will take would be if these new audio styles don't live up to the hype... They've clearly used this a huge selling point.

Lets face it...It will have to top the Tyros 3 to be a success that a Tall order in the arranger KB world.

#255721 - 02/06/09 02:34 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
One thing I'm not expecting is any significant improvement to the audio loops. As I've said, there is FAR too much well integrated, carefully thought out work with using carefully crafted MIDI guitar patterns to replace chords like sus, dim and aug, and all the work on adding extensions to it for it to be ANY kind of 'beta' stopgap.

This has the hallmark of a completed feature. Sadly.

Other issues like the Piano mode not working, and no doubt a plethora of other unreported (because no-one but Ketron employees have played it much yet) bugs and other issues are what they are working feverishly to finish, I would imagine.

#255722 - 02/06/09 02:49 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
fc_xander Offline

Loc: Portugal
Hi.

The AUDYA is on the market in almost all the south-european countrys from 15 January.

In Portugal we receive until now almost 20 Keyboards and are all sell.

The AUDYA is not 50% or 60% finished.
It is almost 100% complete , and i said ALMOST , because they dont delivery yet the final Instrution Manual , and the Software to produce the Audio Styles.
Also , in my opinion , I think they can put a "Pattern Edit" funtion directly in the Keyboard.
In Portugal not everyone had a computer , and with that small function they can edit and correct the midi parts of the style.

The Audya is Open Architectury and they can develop new functions , new sounds or what they want.
I Hope they continue developing new ideas for this plattform , lots of new thing can be integrated in the audya.

I explore the OS and i see that everything can be edited , we can "personalize" the Keyboarb for the kneeds of the musician.
All the soundbank are RW , all the audio parts can be edited , all the audio guitars can be edited....
We had no limits to work here.....

As the first User said , the arranger part of the audio Styles are fantastic.
The right hand sounds are very very good , and yes , no comparation with the Japonese models , this is the best arranger keyboard of the moment.

Go test yourself and see.

And is EASY , EASY to work....

As you see in the few videos i produce and share with all in my blog , the Musicians came to see the keyboard and i film , no preparation.....
As you see , they dont ad no problem to start playing in the Audya , its so easy , that apears they already know were are everything...

Sorry about my bad english.
Best regards

FC www.ketronaudya.wordpress.com

#255723 - 02/06/09 02:53 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Squeak, have you ever owned a Ketron?
They have always been ahead of the curve when they bring keyboards out. The old OS is different, but very effective, once you learn it.
The new OS on the Midjay is by far the easiest of any I've ever dealt with, and the registration system is the quickest and most simple also.
They were the first company to allow us to associate text files with styles, automatically or via registration, many years ago. Yamaha finally did it on the Tyros.
The vocal harmonizer has been top notch for many years (except on the Midjay!).
There is a choice of 6 or 13 button foot controllers available. SDs and Audya have two XLR mic inputs. Video out has long been included. Power supply is built in, NO WALL WART).
The ability to edit and e.q. each style part and each individual drum part is there, plus you can easily solo style parts.
There are SO many dedicated buttons and sliders for real-time control, eliminating many menus. There are many options for touch control of variation parts, fills and yes, Roland, Break/fills.
The human voices are something Yamaha has never got right, though Roland does well. Ketron does it very well.
However, the bottom line, as you said, are sounds and styles. Ever since the X1, I have not found it necessary to use third-party styles. Whatever I have needed has been available. All the older keyboard styles are compatible also.
As for the sound, I don't believe there is anyone who will question that, as far as authentic, believable voices, in particular the way they do the drums and bass lines.
I believe the Audya will incorporate more of the gadget nuances and effects that technology is now allowing, such as Yamaha has done with SA voices. Not important to me, as they seem to get in my way more than they help. But I'm old.
The 76-note SD1 and now the Audya are what many of the players here have been yearning for. They managed to do it and keep the weight down, yet still use a sturdy case and great keybed.
As far as those of you who are questioning the stability of the company, they seem to be rock solid, and have been for many, many years. While Ketron is not well known in the U.S. outside of our little group, it is a big name in other countries, where arrangers are far more popular. They sell loads of modules, used by accordion and guitar players around the world. I think nobody else makes arranger modules now, since Technics shut down.
Ketron has always issued many updates at no charge, even on units that were as much as 7 or 8 years old. They did a total overhaul of the SD1 some five years after it was introduced, at no charge.
Yes, the SDs are getting a little long in the tooth, and I suppose that's why the Audya is being produced. Unlike some companies, that make you pay for minor upgrades by issuing a "new" model every 18 months or so, they take their time and try to make something that is built to last us for a number of years without getting dated too quickly, or having the buttons push into the case, or have keys break or screens not work.
They have certainly taken their time on this one! I was ready to buy the demo one, but I can wait. . . . not forever though, I'm getting older each day.
DonM

Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online